the hipe on 2003-04 cobras just my opinion

SlowSVT

Established Member
quadcammer

You are presented two brand spanking new factory showroom cars which you can take one home for keeps

One is a 99 Cobra and the other is an 04 Cobra.

Which one would you choose?

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
quadcammer

You are presented two brand spanking new factory showroom cars which you can take one home for keeps

Is there a 10th 03 as an option,, maybe silver :thumbsup:

venomnous99

Twin Turbo'ed
Established Member
Very entertaining.

I love all Cobra's:shrug:

I do love mine, because it is a sleeper. Looks and sounds like a lowered, rimmed, exhausted 99. All stock body panels, etc... Of course until boost comes on, but most don't know that until it is too late. They see a 99 freighttrain rollin hard on them, and then it is bye-bye. But as for the argument, if I had had the money when I got this one, I would own a 2003-2004.:beer:

EVLSVT

Banned
Very entertaining.

I love all Cobra's:shrug:

I do love mine, because it is a sleeper. Looks and sounds like a lowered, rimmed, exhausted 99. All stock body panels, etc... Of course until boost comes on, but most don't know that until it is too late. They see a 99 freighttrain rollin hard on them, and then it is bye-bye. But as for the argument, if I had had the money when I got this one, I would own a 2003-2004.:beer:

me too!!!

by the way... I didn't even think there were TT 99-01 cobras on this website... PLEASE PM me or post up a shot of the front of your car with the bumper on.. I HAVE to see what an 01 front bumper looks like with the IC + turbos behind it

venomnous99

Twin Turbo'ed
Established Member
me too!!!

by the way... I didn't even think there were TT 99-01 cobras on this website... PLEASE PM me or post up a shot of the front of your car with the bumper on.. I HAVE to see what an 01 front bumper looks like with the IC + turbos behind it

I will take some more from farther back, but this is all I have right now.

IMG_0945_edited-1.jpg

Cobrafront.jpg

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
quadcammer

that's EASY to answer for him...

he would take the 04 b/c it is worth more, then promptly sell it for a downpayment on a 911...LOL

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
quadcammer

The 04.

Never have I argued that the 04 is not a better car.

The point was, that I don't think it was that big of a deal to go from a 99 to an 03 (in terms of major changes).

Nor do I think that either the 99, nor the 03 are that impressive in stock form.

wma8706

Established Member
I don't know about you but back in 1999 (8 years ago) The svt cobra was quite impressive for its time. Not many cars at that time (sans the LS-1 twins) could boast 300+ hp for less than 30k. Unfortunately ...it also needed the fix to do it. In 2003...the 03 was really impressive but I agree...not ground breaking. Dealers here were asking 36k for coupes and 40k for verts. I find it entertaining and amazing that after 4 and 8 years later....we are still comparing and arguing about these cars. Some of us need to get a life.... or a better car....LOL!!!

Last edited:

silver2001cobra

Established Member
quick question, if the termy is such a great car, why don`t people keep them? MOST of the time i see them for sale , it would have been thru 2 ,3 , and sometime 4 owners ,why is that?

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
My only guess is most come up with financial issues like buying a house, kids, or moving to a Shelby or Z06. I've had three Stangs being a 96 Mystic, 02SC GT and now my CO 04 Cobra. I will NEVER get rid of this car. I dont even drive the dayum thing but on weekends and hardley ever in the winter. In 30 years I want it look as kewl as a 70Mach1 that you would see today. Here's the hype..in 30 years..which car will be cooler..99Cobra..or 04. The "hype" is there for a reason. Many N/A Cobra guys have already proved the fact. The "hype" of the 99 over the older Cobras was there also and I bet there are the treads like this compairing the two. What a vicious cycle. The Shelby is better then the Terminator, the Terminator is better than the 99 and on and on. Things improve etc etc. If you can find a good deal on a Terminator you should take it. I seriously doubt you would be unhappy over a older. I got lucky I feel with mine as it was owned by a lady and I bought it for 26,000 flawless, no mods with 16,000 miles on it. You can find them for 22,000-25,000 all day long as mentioned. Both cars are hot..we have our opinions but we should not hate cause we have better/newer or not as good/older-Shane:beer:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
quick question, if the termy is such a great car, why don`t people keep them? MOST of the time i see them for sale , it would have been thru 2 ,3 , and sometime 4 owners ,why is that?

I think its a good question, I have no flippin clue, lol I bought my car with 7 miles on the odo, the only reason I would sell mine is to upgrade to an 06-08 z06. I have seen allot of other term owners upgrading, or selling to get another term to mod differently ie: turbo,dif twin screw, :shrug: Maybe a thread should be made to ask the owners who sold to say why.

Last edited:

Voodoo Snake

Established Member
I sold my 04 Termy Coupe to get an 03 Termy Vert with 12K miles on it, completely bone stock. I wanted the same car, just topless!

Blown and topless FTW!

I think its a good question, I have no flippin clue, lol I bought my car with 7 miles on the odo, the only reason I would sell mine is to upgrade to an 06-08 z06. I have seen allot of other term owners upgrading, or selling to get another term to mod differently ie: turbo,dif twin screw, :shrug: Maybe a thread should be made to ask the owners who sold to say why.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
I don't know about you but back in 1999 (8 years ago) The svt cobra was quite impressive for its time. Not many cars at that time (sans the LS-1 twins) could boast 300+ hp for less than 30k. Unfortunately ...it also needed the fix to do it. In 2003...the 03 was really impressive but I agree...not ground breaking. Dealers here were asking 36k for coupes and 40k for verts. I find it entertaining and amazing that after 4 and 8 years later....we are still comparing and arguing about these cars. Some of us need to get a life.... or a better car....LOL!!!

Well, considering the shortcuts ford took to get a car with 320bhp under 30k, id say its not that impressive.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I sold my 04 Termy Coupe to get an 03 Termy Vert with 12K miles on it, completely bone stock. I wanted the same car, just topless!

Blown and topless FTW!

well, there is one that was even willing to get an older car to have the same "hypeless" car in a vert :shrug: speaks volumes about the hype, I bet he didnt even look into any N/A cobra verts :poke:

venomnous99

Twin Turbo'ed
Established Member
well, there is one that was even willing to get an older car to have the same "hypeless" car in a vert :shrug: speaks volumes about the hype, I bet he didnt even look into any N/A cobra verts :poke:

Thats cuz he couldn't handle the power of the N/A cobra modded, he in turn stayed with the lowly homegrown SC, this way us modded N/A guys would have a "HYPED" vert to lay the smack down on when out on a Sunday cruise .:poke:

Users who are viewing this thread