the hipe on 2003-04 cobras just my opinion

quikcobra

Established Member
the hype on 2003-04 cobras just my opinion

erase this. it got way to big, made alot of great points.

Last edited:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
They are both great cars and yes I see your point, but some don't want all that down time or hassle to build a fast car. Motor work, body work, etc... All that involves a lot of work, troubleshooting, and down time. 03/04 cobras come stronger right off the bat and can be made even stronger even with the stock motor. That's why they are so appealing. 99/01 cobras really can't in stock form and if you are then something is bound to give.

Both are great cars though... Ones just an easier platform to build on.

quikcobra

Established Member
but if your really building a fast car you have a daily driver. in my opinion for 23k for a car. i guess i like being the underdog

Last edited:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
if its not your dd, I actually agree. My cobra is my dd, and I have no intention of making it a race car. Race worthy,, yes. :)

1967eleanor

factory spoiler delete yo
Established Member
i thought about buying an terminutter but i decided that i like my car more, and i guess i like having something no one else has? a redheaded stepchild if you will

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
SVT gave stangers what they had been screaming for with the 03... a 400 hp factory supercharged Mustang that lived up to the hype and a whole lot more. :shrug: But most everyone I know that knows anything about cars sweat the old Foxes more than anything after '93.

elyrain

Established Member
Someone could make the same dumb argument about 99-01 cobras... May as well buy a POS v6 for 3500 and put 12k into it and it'll smoke a stock 99-01 cobra. It's all about how we each like to spend our money.

1967eleanor

factory spoiler delete yo
Established Member
SVT gave stangers what they had been screaming for with the 03... a 400 hp factory supercharged Mustang that lived up to the hype and a whole lot more. :shrug: But most everyone I know that knows anything about cars sweat the old Foxes more than anything after '93.

i agree its old foxes you got to respect, i know some that are just plain nasty

anothersvtguy

Turner of Wrenches
Established Member
um

Dude, my eyes hurt after trying to read that.

You may want to ask for some spelling flash cards for Christmas. :shrug:

The reason people go nuts over 03 and 04 Cobras is they were pretty darn fast OFF THE LOT. You can argue all day long about what car would be fast with what mod on it. I mean crappy civics are pretty damn fast once you put a huge turbo on them. :dw:

To me they are pretty impressive. I mean from a roll, stock for stock, they can hang with a GT500. Do they have their share of faults? Sure, but all things considered they are a pretty impressive platform.

They may not be THE BEST car on the road, but they are nothing to scoff at either.

Last edited:

whitetrash1

Established Member
ok every cc meet i go to everywhere i go everyone sweats the termi's. why are they held like gods of stangs? they are quik of corse, great looking. but then penny for penny i think the new edge cobra are the way to go. you can pick up a 99 cobra on ebay 9000,5.4 dohc 1600, and build it 3000, boost or spray 500-7000 then you hit the 2003 cobras price. but then your a 11 sec car easy. then you can swap any bumpers you like. i did saleen (my fav). so you guys tell me i really dont get it. what they are 6spd. buy a camaro lol. ill stay in 1 gear crating boost passing you lol jk. just my opinion

i know this will crate troble but hell. i ran many termis when i was on the bootle and some i didnt even need it. never got it other then when i was passing them that scream is great thats why i went with it lol

because you have to go through all that trouble to keep up with the 03

whitetrash1

Established Member
you're 100% right, dollar for dollar you can't beat them

actually for the dollar i would say SRT-4. not that i dont love my cobra but you can get a stage 3 SRT for about 12-15k and have over 300hp to the wheels in a 2800 pound car. i would rather have the cobra but just think for the dollar the SRT wins

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
actually for the dollar i would say SRT-4. not that i dont love my cobra but you can get a stage 3 SRT for about 12-15k and have over 300hp to the wheels in a 2800 pound car. i would rather have the cobra but just think for the dollar the SRT wins

sorry but i'd rather walk than be seen in a skittle with a hair dryer

Users who are viewing this thread