Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

MG0h3

Established Member

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
They're now saying up to 1,500 cars damaged or destroyed in the Luton airport car park fire. All the EV ball washers are saying it wasn't a hybrid Range Rover that started it and that all the other EV's that caught on fire had nothing to do with the fire department not being able to extinguish the fire until all the EV's on fire burned out on their own, LOL.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
General Motors is delaying the opening of a large electric-pickup-truck factory in Michigan, the latest sign that the auto industry’s enthusiasm around EVs is starting to wane as sales growth for these models slows.

GM said Tuesday that its Orion assembly plant in suburban Detroit would start to make electric versions of the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra by the end of 2025, a year later than originally planned.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
General Motors is delaying the opening of a large electric-pickup-truck factory in Michigan, the latest sign that the auto industry’s enthusiasm around EVs is starting to wane as sales growth for these models slows.

GM said Tuesday that its Orion assembly plant in suburban Detroit would start to make electric versions of the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra by the end of 2025, a year later than originally planned.
Any auto exec with a brain knows this. EVs will hit a point, and that is it. There won't be full adoption ever. There are lower income areas, places with mostly apartments or street parking, are places where you have to drive far daily. Those people will never get an EV. Then there are people like me who could use an EV daily (big garage, 25-30 mile round trip commute, work has plenty of EV chargers) but just don't want to buy one (if a Lucid Air Sapphire was like $40k maybe I'd bite).

There was excitement when every manufacturer was promising SUVs and trucks at $40K with 500 mile range. When the reality sets it of prices going higher and range dropping and the charging infrastructure sucking, that enthusiasm drops. I see Ford not pushing EVs much and slowing on battery investment, same from Toyota and VW. I see the pipe-dreams GM was promising with the Blazer and Silverado EV disappearing.

EV sales will plateau and no government mandate will change that. I'm sure CA and other states will be walking back their EV-sales-percent mandates shortly.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Any auto exec with a brain knows this. EVs will hit a point, and that is it. There won't be full adoption ever. There are lower income areas, places with mostly apartments or street parking, are places where you have to drive far daily. Those people will never get an EV. Then there are people like me who could use an EV daily (big garage, 25-30 mile round trip commute, work has plenty of EV chargers) but just don't want to buy one (if a Lucid Air Sapphire was like $40k maybe I'd bite).

There was excitement when every manufacturer was promising SUVs and trucks at $40K with 500 mile range. When the reality sets it of prices going higher and range dropping and the charging infrastructure sucking, that enthusiasm drops. I see Ford not pushing EVs much and slowing on battery investment, same from Toyota and VW. I see the pipe-dreams GM was promising with the Blazer and Silverado EV disappearing.

EV sales will plateau and no government mandate will change that. I'm sure CA and other states will be walking back their EV-sales-percent mandates shortly.

The EPA isn't backing down until political pain is inflicted.

Users who are viewing this thread