Votes: 14 10.4%
  • Other, discuss

Votes: 17 12.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
But it didn't, it happened on week 17 on a game that had no gain for them. I have never questioned the actions of their coach but I think he dropped it this time.

Welker got hurt on the 1st offensive series for the Patriots and even teams that sit players still play maybe a quarter or so. It's just an unfortunate injury to one of their best players. What I think is ironic is this guy gets blasted by linebackers and db's every game and pops back up every time and here he blows out a knee just trying to make a cut. :shrug:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Welker got hurt on the 1st offensive series for the Patriots and even teams that sit players still play maybe a quarter or so. It's just an unfortunate injury to one of their best players. What I think is ironic is this guy gets blasted by linebackers and db's every game and pops back up every time and here he blows out a knee just trying to make a cut. :shrug:

As much as I hate the Pats, it sucks he got hurt. IMHO he is the best player on that team, and they are done without him :shrug:

canibus

Established Member
I hate the steelers, but even I can see how great that team is. They lost some very important players, and had a bad vibe in the locker room with ward and Roth beefing. Anyone who says they don't cringe when their team plays the steelers, is lying.

_GuRu_

Established Member
Am I the only one who thinks Welker is just a little overrated?? Edelman has come in for him twice (for any amount of time) and put up great stats both times. I think Welker's huge success is due in part to the system and his role there in. I think he is definitely good, but not amazing like some do. He was sub par in MIA, then turned into a superstar in NE overnight?

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Am I the only one who thinks Welker is just a little overrated?? Edelman has come in for him twice (for any amount of time) and put up great stats both times. I think Welker's huge success is due in part to the system and his role there in. I think he is definitely good, but not amazing like some do. He was sub par in MIA, then turned into a superstar in NE overnight?

I wouldn't be surprised if you were. Name something he doesn't do well? Leads the league in catches (and he missed 2 games early in the season) yards after catch, he goes in areas where few will go, catches everything thrown his way, 1st player in NFL history to have more than 110 catches in 3 straight seasons and has more heart than anyone in the NFL.
The Pats are lucky to have Edelman who should fill in nicely. He looks just like Welker out there and has a lot of the same quickness, doesn't have as good of hands as Welker though.

_GuRu_

Established Member
I wouldn't be surprised if you were. Name something he doesn't do well? Leads the league in catches (and he missed 2 games early in the season) yards after catch, he goes in areas where few will go, catches everything thrown his way, 1st player in NFL history to have more than 110 catches in 3 straight seasons and has more heart than anyone in the NFL.
The Pats are lucky to have Edelman who should fill in nicely. He looks just like Welker out there and has a lot of the same quickness, doesn't have as good of hands as Welker though.

Hmmm... Guess im the only one who feels that way :shrug: Just seems like a product of the system to me. I agree he is good, but there isnt a lot of guys who go from mediocre to great overnight in their 4th year. And technically Ray Rice leads the league in YAC. I have never talked to anyone about the best receiver in the league and had Welker be the first name out of their mouth.

EDIT: On a per catch basis, there are quite a few guys that have better numbers after the catch than Welker

Last edited:

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Easily the Steelers. What NFL team wins the Superbowl twice and both times can't make the playoffs the next year. What a bunch of losers.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Hmmm... Guess im the only one who feels that way :shrug: Just seems like a product of the system to me. I agree he is good, but there isnt a lot of guys who go from mediocre to great overnight in their 4th year. And technically Ray Rice leads the league in YAC. I have never talked to anyone about the best receiver in the league and had Welker be the first name out of their mouth.

EDIT: On a per catch basis, there are quite a few guys that have better numbers after the catch than Welker

Welker's not a reciever who's going to make 65 yard touchdown plays but for what he does as a slot reciever, he is the best. He's made so many huge 1st downs for the Patriots on 3rd down, I guess you would need to watch every Pats game to appreciate what he does. You must have seen some of the hits he takes and gets right back up and goes to the same areas again and again, that alone is reason to love the guy.
Perhaps Miami didn't know what they had or how to utilize him. :shrug:

_GuRu_

Established Member
Welker's not a reciever who's going to make 65 yard touchdown plays but for what he does as a slot reciever, he is the best. He's made so many huge 1st downs for the Patriots on 3rd down, I guess you would need to watch every Pats game to appreciate what he does. You must have seen some of the hits he takes and gets right back up and goes to the same areas again and again, that alone is reason to love the guy.

I watch probably sbout 75% of NE games, they are always on national TV. I would agree that Welker appears to be the best slot receiver in the league, but I just wonder how much of that is him, and how much is the Patriots system. Especially makes me wonder when he wasnt nearly as good with another team, and another player can come in for him and immediately put up slightly lower numbers than him. My point was that his loss wont impact NE as much as some people think, thats all. As a Charger fan, NE still scares me until they lose in the playoffs.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
I watch probably sbout 75% of NE games, they are always on national TV. I would agree that Welker appears to be the best slot receiver in the league, but I just wonder how much of that is him, and how much is the Patriots system. Especially makes me wonder when he wasnt nearly as good with another team, and another player can come in for him and immediately put up slightly lower numbers than him. My point was that his loss wont impact NE as much as some people think, thats all. As a Charger fan, NE still scares me until they lose in the playoffs.

I think Brady goes to him so often becasue he is so hard to cover so I think a lot of his success is his own doing. I also don't think you can overlook the fact that he plays every game like its his last, he just has so much heart and courage.
Edelman's done a nice job so far in a part time role but now he will be Welker's full time replacement and it remains to be seen how he holds up especially how he reacts ater he takes a couple of good shots. Will he shy away from going into the dangerous areas? We'll see but he's going to get his chance. I liked Edelman from the 1st pre-season game and I think the Pats are very lucky to have him and he could turn into something special but he is a rookie that is a converted quarterback so I wouldn't be surprised to see some mistakes from him.

ralvarez

Established Member

case in point, Devin Hester, great return man could of gone down as the greatest return man in history but then they switch him to WR and he drops off the face of the earth!

Rambro

Established Member
Ill admit we lost to some sorry teams and lost some very close games but we also beat some of the best teams. Our problem is we have a weak secondary when troy isnt out there and we need depth in that department. Also loosing Arron smith hurt us alot. He really shuts down the run. Another problem is our offensive cordinator who is way too pass happy. We have a stud rb in Mendenhall who dosent get the ball enough. Cmon steeler fans, get in here and help me out.

Rambro

Established Member
Easily the Steelers. What NFL team wins the Superbowl twice and both times can't make the playoffs the next year. What a bunch of losers.

Yeah two championships in the last four years, what a bunch of losers. The steelers arent in the playoffs this year because of fluke losses and key injuries. I know injuries are a part of the game but to call them losers is bold. BTW who do you root for on sundays, you kinda sound like a butt hurt ravens fan.

Last edited:

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
you ****ing retard, the Broncos didn't start 6-0 last year. :dw:

We started 3-0, and then were 4-2 at one point.

Denver Broncos | NFL at CBSSports.com

Def. the doncos as the biggest fluke this year. Whats funny is the titans who started 0-6(who you were bashing) and the broncos who started 6-0, they had the same record at the end of the year at 8-8 haha.

Users who are viewing this thread