The Bible - Fact, Fiction or Both (explain?)

The Bible - Fact, Fiction or Both (explain?)

• The Bilbe is FACT and it all really happend as written.

Votes: 45 33.6%
  • The Bible is FICTION and all made up.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • The Bible is BOTH FACT and FICION. Some parts are made up and other parts really happened.

Votes: 62 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
The Bible is factual, that does not make everything in it literal, there is a difference. Some parts of the Bible are meant to be interpreted and, as such, will be victim to whatever mistakes that the first interpreter makes. As a whole though, I believe the Bible to be a fairly accurate word considering how many generations and translations it has survived through.

I woud agree with this. Since there is not a lot to do out here during downtime, and having some interest in archeology i have started reading a magazine called "Biblical Archeology". I think there are hughe amounts of archeological findings that prove that the bible is at least historically factual. On the spiritual side I think there is a lot of truth in it, however the literal inerpretation of it is probably not the wisest choice one could make.

This is pretty much my starting point in the christian walk.

I'll be the first to admit that my interpretation of the bible is somewhat warped to fit the reality around me, so I would assume it would be the same for those who translated it over the last several thousand years.

I could give several examples and will do so if the conversation goes in that direction, but essentially, I don't take the bible literally, I think that it was written to be what each person needs from it at any given point in their life.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
One of things I find it hard to do is to cut of the lust of the flesh. This sinful nature that was passed through mans seed is what plagues us all. It just that we have read the word of God all the time to get it under the control. I know that in somewhere in the new testament it shows how the spirit and the flesh man are always fighting against each other. Its always a war internally in us human beings some people just can't grasp that, but I can understand it fully because my eyes are open.

This is what makes Jesus Christ so awesome is that he didn't inherit the sinful nature that man has from Adam. The Holy Spirit did its work so that Mary can give birth to Jesus Christ.

Other than that, I believe in the bible wholeheartedly and the more you study the more revelation is revealed to you. Its hard to explain, like if you read the bible objectively then your going to get confused, and not understand what the word is trying to say.

Last edited:

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Ancient Aliens on the History Channel..... Watch It and tell me if you still believe most of the bible.

Coiled03

Established Member
Jesus was a great MAN. He did great things, and inspired people to also do great things. But in the end he died because he was a MAN.

The rest is a story book for children.

This.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if there was a man named Jesus who lived during the times of the Bible. It also wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that he was a truly enlightened person, and an inspirational leader. But I don't believe for a second that he walked on water, turned water into wine, or will rise from the dead.

Ancient Aliens on the History Channel..... Watch It and tell me if you still believe most of the bible.

I've seen it. I'm not floored by anything on that program. I understand who created the Nephilim in the Bible and I'm personally prepared for the coming grand finale that satan has planned with an undeniable UFO manifestation on this earth. These aren't 'aliens' in the traditional sense though. That's all I'll say about that. My friend, I don't think you realize just how many disturbing and supernatural things we are all soon going to see on this planet. Things that will shake most people and things that will redefine our reality.

RiffRaff04

Established Member
this.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if there was a man named jesus who lived during the times of the bible. It also wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that he was a truly enlightened person, and an inspirational leader. But i don't believe for a second that he walked on water, turned water into wine, or will rise from the dead.

+1

LaFlavor

Established Member
you have a brain that thinks logically and can make out thought patterns.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

animals do not.

I respectfully submit that the differences in our thought processes and those of animals are best explained by natural evolutionary biology, and thus do not qualify as evidence for the supernatural.

this difference, is what a Christian would call God's "breathe of life". Or, soul. ala, supernatural.

This is what's known as a, "just-so-story" or "ad-hoc fallacy." There are simpler and more likely explanations available that do not rest on invoking the supernatural. In addition, these naturalistic explanations have fossil, genetic, and first-hand observational data to back them up.

it's pretty evident to me.

It's possible that we have different levels of evidence required for the supernatural.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Frankly I think there are going to be a LOT of folks very surprised to "wake up dead". I also believe there are going to be a lot of surprised christians who are going to find themsleves on the wrong side of the great divide. and they will be surpirsed at the number of so called "non-belivers" who wind up on the right side of the great divide.

347zz5.0

Established Member
For the world that is and and non-belivers.

Yes we are all aware of religions perverse, almost sexual, obsession with the destruction of planet Earth.

Why people choose to associate themselves with such a barbaric evil in this destruction of life and our planet is beyond me.

I can only imagine that it is out of fear, however so many people seem to lust for it. Which group are you in sir?

Frankly I think there are going to be a LOT of folks very surprised to "wake up dead". I also believe there are going to be a lot of surprised christians who are going to find themsleves on the wrong side of the great divide. and they will be surpirsed at the number of so called "non-belivers" who wind up on the right side of the great divide.

Elaborate more on your thoughts of the afterlife.

Yes we are all aware of religions perverse, almost sexual, obsession with the destruction of planet Earth.

Why people choose to associate themselves with such a barbaric evil in this destruction of life and our planet is beyond me.

I can only imagine that it is out of fear, however so many people seem to lust for it. Which group are you in sir?

Put the Bible aside for a second. We have very dangerous nuclear proliferation occurring on this planet. We have a leader in Iran threatening to annihilate Israel when it develops a warhead. We have an unstable worldwide economy. We have some pretty ruthless and diabolical leaders at the helm of many nations. Things don't look very rosy right now on this planet. Some kind of nuclear exchange in the near future certainly doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility. I don't think anyone roots for the destruction of this planet. I mean do you see Superman coming to earth and removing all the nuclear weapons and ushering in a new age of peace. I certainly don't see things headed in that direction. Never before have we had the capability to completely destroy this planet and wipe out this species with our own technology unlike now. People though seem to think that no one will ever use a nuclear weapon again. Well I'm willing to bet against those odds. And that's just because leaders today are crazier than ever.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Elaborate more on your thoughts of the afterlife.
no don't think I will. it is obvious from previous exchanges that you consider yourself the biblical expert and I disagree with your interpretations so further clarification of my beliefs will accomplish absollutely nothing.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
the bible wasnt meant to be taken literally word for word....

Does anyone really think that noah took 2 of every animal in the world and stuck them on an ark while the entire world flooded for 40 days?

What kept the animals from eating each other?

Buck87

Established Member
I have a question. Is it not one of the 10 commandments where you are not supposed to worship any God before him. My question is to the Christians that call Jesus God are you not breaking that one. I never understood that. I use the principles of the bible to live a good life. But believe it was just a book that was written by men to give structure to a unstructured society.

no don't think I will. it is obvious from previous exchanges that you consider yourself the biblical expert and I disagree with your interpretations so further clarification of my beliefs will accomplish absollutely nothing.

I'm not looking to criticize your position or to duke it out with you over the Bible. I'll even agree not to provide a rebuttal, how's that? I'm just genuinely curious as to what you have to say. Hey if you have a different biblical position, I respect that. I would like to hear your opinion, especially after you made the rather curious remark about people probably coming to be surprised which side of the great divide they'll find themselves on. Hey you've never been at a loss for words before so get to it. :poke::lol:

I have a question. Is it not one of the 10 commandments where you are not supposed to worship any God before him. My question is to the Christians that call Jesus God are you not breaking that one. I never understood that. I use the principles of the bible to live a good life. But believe it was just a book that was written by men to give structure to a unstructured society.

According to the Bible, God elevated the name Jesus Christ above His name which has been referred to in Hebrew in many ways like, Elohim, YHWH and Jehovah, I AM, etc. Jesus claimed that He was the same I AM that spoke to Moses.

Users who are viewing this thread