The Bible - Fact, Fiction or Both (explain?)

The Bible - Fact, Fiction or Both (explain?)

• The Bilbe is FACT and it all really happend as written.

Votes: 45 33.6%
  • The Bible is FICTION and all made up.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • The Bible is BOTH FACT and FICION. Some parts are made up and other parts really happened.

Votes: 62 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dusten

Established Member
I_LIKE_WHERE_THIS_THREAD_IS_GOING.jpg

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
well, being religious, there's more to the bible than meets the eye.. MUCH more.. I think that most of it's real, just is it's so far advanced beyond what even we today can fathom, try having someone in the bronze age explain what happens in it..

oilwell1415

Established Member
There is little way that it could have made it this many years and have this many versions without a few mistakes along the way. The KJV is massively flawed just because of the way it was translated, so any version based on it would also have flaws and would probably build on those that were already there.

The Bible is a book of fairy tales. And the people that believe it are stuck in the Mesopotamian era. Jesus never existed. None of the supernatural miracles of the Bible could have happened. And you don't need to know any history about the nation of Israel and the Israelites in order to understand the Bible. I've read the Bible plenty of times and have studied it for years to come to these conclusions. The idea of the 'rapture' is the most preposterous of them all. Satan isn't real because if he was he would show himself to prove to everyone he exists. If you believe in the Bible you're a moron, a retard, you have no logic, no intelligence, you don't understand scientific theory, Darwinism, the theory of Evolution, the universe and DNA. The Bible was written by people that just made the story up as they went along. The Holy Spirit never spoke through the prophets. The Bible doesn't predict the future of Israel or the last days on earth before Jesus Christ returns. The Bible is no different than any other world religion.

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
Interesting how people can pick BOTH. Is that so we can choose which parts we want to believe or follow? Or is that because there are a lot of things in it that have been proven false by science and people are adjusting accordingly?

Silver03Termi

Established Member
The Bible is a book of fairy tales. And the people that believe it are stuck in the Mesopotamian era. Jesus never existed. None of the supernatural miracles of the Bible could have happened. And you don't need to know any history about the nation of Israel and the Israelites in order to understand the Bible. I've read the Bible plenty of times and have studied it for years to come to these conclusions. The idea of the 'rapture's the most preposterous of them all. Satan isn't real because if he did he would show himself to prove to everyone he exists. If you believe in the Bible you're a moron, a retard, you have no logic, no intelligence, you don't understand scientific theory, Darwinism, the theory of Evolution, the universe and DNA. The Bible was written by people that just made the story up as they went along. The Holy Spirit never spoke through he prophets. The Bible doesn't predict the future of Israel or the last days on earth before Jesus Christ returns. The Bible is no different than any other world religion.

you are entitled to your beliefs and so is everyone else. you shouldnt be ridiculed for them. neither should anyone else. i know we have the freedom of speech, but you also have the freedom to not speak. im not a bible beater by any means, im actually more inclined to agree with your point of view. to attack someones faith is very immature. you wont be taken seriously if you're throwing out insults like those. you're point would be much better conveyed and taken seriously, if you leave the emotion out of it.

im a believer in darwinism, the big bang, and i put a lot of faith in tangible scientific proof. ask yourself this though, what force created all the matter necessary for the big bang? did it just always exist? what if darwinism is actually divine creation? there is no doubting evolution, but whats the catalyst behind "slight genetic mutations"? because lets face it, thats what we call as the cause of evolution.

if you wanna have an intelligent convo, do so intelligently. dont attack those that dont believe what you believe. dont ridicule those who believe differently. im sure you could see some similarities in your demeanor and that of those of devout faith.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
The Bible is a book of fairy tales. And the people that believe it are stuck in the Mesopotamian era. Jesus never existed. None of the supernatural miracles of the Bible could have happened. And you don't need to know any history about the nation of Israel and the Israelites in order to understand the Bible. I've read the Bible plenty of times and have studied it for years to come to these conclusions. The idea of the 'rapture's the most preposterous of them all. Satan isn't real because if he did he would show himself to prove to everyone he exists. If you believe in the Bible you're a moron, a retard, you have no logic, no intelligence, you don't understand scientific theory, Darwinism, the theory of Evolution, the universe and DNA. The Bible was written by people that just made the story up as they went along. The Holy Spirit never spoke through he prophets. The Bible doesn't predict the future of Israel or the last days on earth before Jesus Christ returns. The Bible is no different than any other world religion.

My mind has been blown.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
you are entitled to your beliefs and so is everyone else. you shouldnt be ridiculed for them. neither should anyone else. i know we have the freedom of speech, but you also have the freedom to not speak.

if you wanna have an intelligent convo, do so intelligently. dont attack those that dont believe what you believe. dont ridicule those who believe differently. .

EXCELLENT POST:thumbsup::thumbsup:

RussZTT

Established Member
you are entitled to your beliefs and so is everyone else. you shouldnt be ridiculed for them. neither should anyone else. i know we have the freedom of speech, but you also have the freedom to not speak. im not a bible beater by any means, im actually more inclined to agree with your point of view. to attack someones faith is very immature. you wont be taken seriously if you're throwing out insults like those. you're point would be much better conveyed and taken seriously, if you leave the emotion out of it.

im a believer in darwinism, the big bang, and i put a lot of faith in tangible scientific proof. ask yourself this though, what force created all the matter necessary for the big bang? did it just always exist? what if darwinism is actually divine creation? there is no doubting evolution, but whats the catalyst behind "slight genetic mutations"? because lets face it, thats what we call as the cause of evolution.

if you wanna have an intelligent convo, do so intelligently. dont attack those that dont believe what you believe. dont ridicule those who believe differently. im sure you could see some similarities in your demeanor and that of those of devout faith.
Good job :rockon:

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
The Bible is factual, that does not make everything in it literal, there is a difference. Some parts of the Bible are meant to be interpreted and, as such, will be victim to whatever mistakes that the first interpreter makes. As a whole though, I believe the Bible to be a fairly accurate word considering how many generations and translations it has survived through.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
The Bible is a book of fairy tales. And the people that believe it are stuck in the Mesopotamian era. Jesus never existed. None of the supernatural miracles of the Bible could have happened. And you don't need to know any history about the nation of Israel and the Israelites in order to understand the Bible. I've read the Bible plenty of times and have studied it for years to come to these conclusions. The idea of the 'rapture' is the most preposterous of them all. Satan isn't real because if he was he would show himself to prove to everyone he exists. If you believe in the Bible you're a moron, a retard, you have no logic, no intelligence, you don't understand scientific theory, Darwinism, the theory of Evolution, the universe and DNA. The Bible was written by people that just made the story up as they went along. The Holy Spirit never spoke through the prophets. The Bible doesn't predict the future of Israel or the last days on earth before Jesus Christ returns. The Bible is no different than any other world religion.

The problem with this is that you don't beleive a word of what your wrote

Silver03Termi

Established Member
The Bible is factual, that does not make everything in it literal, there is a difference. Some parts of the Bible are meant to be interpreted and, as such, will be victim to whatever mistakes that the first interpreter makes. As a whole though, I believe the Bible to be a fairly accurate word considering how many generations and translations it has survived through.

Explain the difference between factual and literal? Depending on which branch of Christianity you follow, the Bible IS NOT open for interpretation, and is to be followed in its entirety.

I believe, just by looking at the facts as I know them, that the Bible was written as more of a compromise in an effort to control people, Council of Nicea. There were far more books left out of the Bible than were included. Those were decisions made by men of those times, they have affected men of ALL time since then. Im not merely basing my thoughts on The Davinci Code, I've done my research. In my opinion the Bible, and Christianity, are just a conglomerate of a bunch of religions during that time, a lot of which were considered pagan, that a group of men compromised on in an effort to unite a region of people and control them. What better way to control a man than with fear. "You dont get into heaven unless you believe in a Christian God, and you dont believe in a Christian God unless you go to my church." I am not saying that Jesus wasnt real, and that there is no God, I just dont think that ANY of todays religions have it 100% correct. Religion and faith are so important to me that I want to make sure the one that i chose to follow has it all correct. Given the violent history of Christianity, it makes it really hard to swallow that they know whats best for me. Crusades, hello??

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I woud agree with this. Since there is not a lot to do out here during downtime, and having some interest in archeology i have started reading a magazine called "Biblical Archeology". I think there are hughe amounts of archeological findings that prove that the bible is at least historically factual. On the spiritual side I think there is a lot of truth in it, however the literal inerpretation of it is probably not the wisest choice one could make.

Users who are viewing this thread