The 99 is gone, what should I buy now?

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
wma8706 said:
just out of curiosity....how does the 03 compare to your 99 with the D1SC. Other than being an obvious newer car.....how is the overall performance compared to the terminator. The reason why I'm asking is ... I'm currently debating to either boost up and possibly build the motor on my new edge or avoid the headache and just go out and buy the dam terminator. I currently have the funds to go either directions. Just wanted your opinion as you already had a built new edge and currently own a nice blk terminator.

Well, my 03 has a stock pulley so it's make 8psi just like my 99 made with the D1SC. From a redlight the 03 feels like a big block and kills the tires from any mph in 1st or 2nd gear roll so it really needs sticky tires more than the 99. The 99 the power curve was linear so I could go from a 2nd gear roll without any tire spin on street radials. The 03 is a LOT more fun for a daily driver even at stock boost, but the 99 would walk it up top from like 5,000-7,000 rpms it pulled a lot harder. This will be a simple cure with my ported blower 2.8 upper and 4lb lower I've got to install. The car should make around 510-520rwhp and 530-540rwtq.

dredg9

Established Member
nice ride man, makes me jealous as hell though because i wont be able to get mine until next spring.

wma8706

Established Member
viperbluelx said:
Well, my 03 has a stock pulley so it's make 8psi just like my 99 made with the D1SC. From a redlight the 03 feels like a big block and kills the tires from any mph in 1st or 2nd gear roll so it really needs sticky tires more than the 99. The 99 the power curve was linear so I could go from a 2nd gear roll without any tire spin on street radials. The 03 is a LOT more fun for a daily driver even at stock boost, but the 99 would walk it up top from like 5,000-7,000 rpms it pulled a lot harder. This will be a simple cure with my ported blower 2.8 upper and 4lb lower I've got to install. The car should make around 510-520rwhp and 530-540rwtq.
thanks for the reply! I realize you said the low end of the 03 was greater and the top end of the procharger was better up top but didn't you also put 4.10's in the 99? Wouldn't that be similar to your 03 ?

CobraVertHottie

Established Member
TERMINATOR ALL THE WAY BABY.......had a 99 vette........dont get me wrong fast as hell (but that was with tons of mods done) I had it for 2 months, drove it a week in a half total and spent almost 5k because EVERYTHING breaks on them.....constantley!!!!! I have had 4 mustangs ( 2 cobras) and they are THE BEST no doubt...........love em.....will NEVER go back to that car.. dont get me wrong they look ok......but all I can think of when I see those terminators and hear them is.....u wet yet? LOL! Dont get me wrong I have a 07 silverado and 100% a chevy truck girl! I had a 96 camero only had it 3 weeks because the tranny went out and yadda yadda same shit as the camero.....so chevy trucks thumbs up but as far as the sports or muscles I would say noooooooooo also I work at a car lot and we wont even carry a vette because they are notorious for breaking, however mustangs are always on our lot and NEVER come back with problems..........

Users who are viewing this thread