The 99 is gone, what should I buy now?

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
I'm gonna buy something else and spend up to $25K so that would include a Terminator or maybe an 01 Z06. What would yall do?

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
viperbluelx said:
I'm gonna buy something else and spend up to $25K so that would include a Terminator or maybe an 01 Z06. What would yall do?

Z06, with out a doubt...

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
**** the Z06 get the terminator...put a whipple on it and eat Z06s all day long

Last edited:

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
CobraVenom01 said:
**** the Z06 get the terminator...put a whipple on it and eat Z06s all days

A whippled Terminator doesn't necessarily "eat" Z06's. A cam/headers Z06 will put down 440rwhp in a 3000lb car.

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
CobraVenom01 said:
**** the Z06 get the terminator...put a whipple on it and eat Z06s all day long

Lets say the 03 Cobra and the 01 Z06 are the exact same price.

You're goint to toss a whipple at the 03 or put the equal amount into the Z06 - wanna take a guess which car is going to be faster? Not to mention a better suspension, and lighter?

I'm all about a S/Ced Cobra...but all things being equal, I would take that Vett in a heart beat.

Viperbluelx, from reading your post in the past you've been talking about a vett...man, I would jump on a nice Z06.

I had the oppertunity to buy a demo (yeah, yeah, I know) Z06 back in 03 for $38K and I WISH I would have done it. There was just no way I would have been able to sell the 95GT I had fast enough.

Last edited:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
correct. plus, if there's a curve in the road...

Okay so I may be a little biased. Let me put it how I felt about the whole situation...

I love mustangs. Always will. However, after having a GT, a bolt on Terminator, and a lightly modded New Edge Cobra, it was simply time for something a little bit different.

IMHO the Terminator's time is starting to come to an end. They will always have a Supra-like legacy, but the whole "OMG a Terminator" thing isn't quite as large any more.

My advice is to drive both and purchase the one you like the best.

For me...I will not under any circumstances be giving up my Corvette to go back to a mustang. I may add a mustang to the stable though at some point.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
01 ZO6 everyday of the week and twice on sunday

sorry term owners the ZO6 is a better car in every aspect...except that it's a chevy lol

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Agree that a Z06 would be a good choice. I dont know about your area, but they rarely go for less than 28-30k here still. Terminators are dipping in the 22-25k range pretty regular. If you can find a Z in your price range, definitely pick one up.

Ellik

Established Member
I HATE the rear glass in the Z06. Go for a base '01 vette w/ 6sp and dump the difference into Cam, Headers and LSX intake manifold.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
silverstang00 said:
Agree that a Z06 would be a good choice. I dont know about your area, but they rarely go for less than 28-30k here still. Terminators are dipping in the 22-25k range pretty regular. If you can find a Z in your price range, definitely pick one up.

That's what I was thiking as well. Z06s seem to hold value well. I don't think I've ever seen one in good shape without a ton of miles for under $28k.

IMO, if you are looking at an 01 Z06, you should really consider a 99/00 FRC as well. Both have the LS1 and save for brake screens, wheels, and badges, are the same visually. If you plan to change h/c, which I'm sure you do, you are going to end up at the same point. You can buy a very nice 99/00 FRC for $25k.

With that said, I don't really think you can lose with a 03 or Vette. Both are supremely nice cars. You'll probably be able to buy a far nicer/lower mile 03 than Z06 for $25k.

Rotzs99

Established Member
Go with the chubby. I was just thinking about this the other day, my mom has a stock c4 vette with its measly 250 hp. Not much, but theres just something about having 5.7L to play with. Just get a c5 and procharge or cam it.

Users who are viewing this thread