The 99 is gone, what should I buy now?

jtkz13

Established Member
.29 drag coefficient and very little frontal area compared to the mustang's drag coefficient which is in in the .8's range with quite a bit of frontal area.

I'm pretty sure the Cd of the mustang is like .32 or .33

I think a semi truck is prob like .8 lol

01 Cobra

Whine "O"
Established Member
so ya gonna get the vette or what? hell all this talk of vettes makes me wanna get one. i'm still pretty happy with tha cobra but the vette is and always will be one of the must have cars for me kinda like the cobra was.

J

Janstang

Mark, where are you going to put the little one if you and the wife want to go for a ride? Thats a big reason I don't have one..

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
quick01snake said:
LOL i like being married, 29, and paying 190/mo for full coverage on 01 cobra, 02 explorer, and 02 grand prix...0 ded comp, 500 coll

dammit. I'm going to the courthouse tom. I pay 132 under my parents right now.

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
dammit. I'm going to the courthouse tom. I pay 132 under my parents right now.

Shoot....I'm married, 34 and pay about $1K every 6 months for my 01 and my wife's 02 v6 Accord....what the crap?!?!

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Bizarro said:
Shoot....I'm married, 34 and pay about $1K every 6 months for my 01 and my wife's 02 v6 Accord....what the crap?!?!

your wife drives a car that is one the top list of stolen cars.

coreseller

Established Member
Janstang said:
Mark, where are you going to put the little one if you and the wife want to go for a ride? Thats a big reason I don't have one..

Ditto my situation, if this wasn't the case I wouldn't think twice having driven ZO6's, they are brutal.

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
lizardbreath said:
Get the corvette if you want to stay in debt for another 7 years. Dude you have 25K moping around.....don't be stupid and spend it all on one thing and still end up with debt in the end.

what are you talking about? I don't have any debt except my house payment.

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
Janstang said:

In my wife's GS300 for now till I find a deal on an older SUV.

CobraG

Established Member
viperbluelx said:
what are you talking about? I don't have any debt except my house payment.

That's why I don't think it's a good idea to give financial advice to others unless you truly know their situation, even then I'd say not to do it because they probably don't want their business spread all over the place.

Anyway, on topic, I vote for the Corvette ;-)

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
huh...Time for a new company.

Yeah, I've always been happy with State Farm, but probably should have dropped them when I moved 5-7 miles up the road and my insurance jumped up $700 a year when it was only me on my 03 Cobra.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Bizarro said:
Yeah, I've always been happy with State Farm, but probably should have dropped them when I moved 5-7 miles up the road and my insurance jumped up $700 a year when it was only me on my 03 Cobra.

You'll find the same practive with all other major auto insurers.

If you've moved to a location with statistically higher theft, accident, climate loss etc, you're insurance will rise.

It's worth shopping the rates though.

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
At this point I think I'll just find a C5 FRC or coupe with high mileage but clean interior and paint. Then I'm gonna do heads/cam/intake and be quicker than a Z06 and still have a good bit less in it.

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
viperbluelx said:
At this point I think I'll just find a C5 FRC or coupe with high mileage but clean interior and paint. Then I'm gonna do heads/cam/intake and be quicker than a Z06 and still have a good bit less in it.

I've been curious what your decission was going to be....
look forward to seeing what you end up with and what you do to it. :-D

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
Bizarro said:
I've been curious what your decission was going to be....
look forward to seeing what you end up with and what you do to it. :-D

Whatever it is I promise it'll be tastefully done. I'm looking at a black 03 Cobra that I might be able to pick up for $18K, and if I can get it that cheap then I'll pass on a C5 for now. We'll soon see.

Oh, and get this crap. Yesterday I sold my Ram diesel truck to a guy. The truck has always ran flawlessly and this guy get 60 miles away and the injection pump fails. I had the truck towed back to my shop and gave him his money back till I can get it fixed. It's gonna cost me about $1500ish to fix. :(

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
viperbluelx said:
Whatever it is I promise it'll be tastefully done. I'm looking at a black 03 Cobra that I might be able to pick up for $18K, and if I can get it that cheap then I'll pass on a C5 for now. We'll soon see.

Man, that IS a hard deal to pass up if it's in good shape....I had a black 03 that outside of the motor was a POS....but I still miss that car and would easily go $18 to get into another one...

viperbluelx said:
Oh, and get this crap. Yesterday I sold my Ram diesel truck to a guy. The truck has always ran flawlessly and this guy get 60 miles away and the injection pump fails. I had the truck towed back to my shop and gave him his money back till I can get it fixed. It's gonna cost me about $1500ish to fix. :(

Yeah, that would piss me off to....if I wasn't a Christian, I think that could almost provoke me enough to burn the truck to the ground if it were mine...lol.

Good luck with that.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
viperbluelx said:

Holy shit. 1500 for an injection pump?

Users who are viewing this thread