The 99 is gone, what should I buy now?

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
$19,700, going to pick it up in a few hours. Won't be back till late tonight. It's got a JLT CAI, UPR offroad X-pipe, Mac 3" catback, MGW shifter, stock pulley. I'm gonna do a Stiegemeier stage IV ported blower for now. :)

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
The car is nasty due to all the pollen and I haven't had a chance to clean it up since I did a 7-8 hour round trip yesterday to go get it.

I lowered it today and put 1" spacers on the rear till I find some real rims. I ordered a Stiegmeier Stage IV ported blower/plenum/tb today too.

155775.jpg

155776.jpg

You can sorta see the 3" catback in this pic. The car sounds NASTY
155777.jpg

155778.jpg

155779.jpg

DC97Cobra

Established Member
Very nice! Where did you order the spacers from? I want to put a set on the '01 so that the rear wheels don't look like they are hiding.

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
Yes I cut the stock springs 1 coil all the way around and kept the stock isolators. Here's the rims I just ordered a few days ago.

tires.jpg

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Very nice, you dont waste any time on mods do you lol. Those wheels will look great and the ported/pullies will be awesome. I just hope you dont regret not buying a C5, I know guys that got the itch and went with something else and eventually regretted it, and lost a ton of $$$ when they sold there rides to go buy what the really wanted. Good luck.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Nice rims.

So how about your stockers? I'll pick them up to clean up your garage on my way to Ohio.....j/k

Cobrasvt43

Muscle car whore
Established Member
viperbluelx said:
Oh, and get this crap. Yesterday I sold my Ram diesel truck to a guy. The truck has always ran flawlessly and this guy get 60 miles away and the injection pump fails. I had the truck towed back to my shop and gave him his money back till I can get it fixed. It's gonna cost me about $1500ish to fix. :(

I commend you on this action, not many people who back up their vehicle sales out there anymore. People like you make it a bit easier for me to plan to buy used!!:beer: :beer:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
silverstang00 said:
Very nice, you dont waste any time on mods do you lol.....
that's what i was thinking. keep us posted on how it all goes for ya. enjoy the new cobra!

Last edited:

wma8706

Established Member
just out of curiosity....how does the 03 compare to your 99 with the D1SC. Other than being an obvious newer car.....how is the overall performance compared to the terminator. The reason why I'm asking is ... I'm currently debating to either boost up and possibly build the motor on my new edge or avoid the headache and just go out and buy the dam terminator. I currently have the funds to go either directions. Just wanted your opinion as you already had a built new edge and currently own a nice blk terminator.

Users who are viewing this thread