The 2018 Mustang is Here - Full Details Inside

blk02edge

Established Member
Watched the video yesterday and hated the new face lift. Saw the pictures today and now I love it. Hmm

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
lol GM has had magnetic suspension for a long time. Ford is late.

I'm curious to see the new orange color.

GM had exclusive rights to the technology for a long time. It has nothing to do with Ford being "late" rather than patents prevented manufacturers from using the tech until GM spun off Delphi. No manufacturer could use it without their permission. It just finally changed where Ford can actually use it.

hunterp

Established Member
I'm curious to know if the 10 speed auto will be available with the performance pack. I may have missed it somewhere, but I don't recall seeing it mentioned.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Really curious about the 10 speed/gearing.
Always been a manual sports car dude, but with the power the 6r80 could handle/ track times, I've been open to getting an auto.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I'm curious to know if the 10 speed auto will be available with the performance pack. I may have missed it somewhere, but I don't recall seeing it mentioned.

I would assume no at this point in time. The only mustang you could get an auto PP was the 50th anniversary edition, which less than 1964 were configured that way. 1 was auto, convertible, PP.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I have a color dome of the orange. It's pretty nice, but it's not very orange. It only looks orange next to a really yellow sample.

Beauty shots look pretty good. Rolling video does not. Need to see it in person to judge, but definitely prefer the prior front end.

Looks similar to Tangerine Scream on the Focus ST to me.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
This new redesign is a complete shit-show, GT350 owners have nothing to fear. If anything, their cars just appreciated in value.

Where is the muscle? Ford changed from "retro" to "metro".

Anyone that can look at this car and honestly say "it looks good", definitely suffers from wristitis limpidus.

thehunterooo

Established Member
Specs will be decent, 10spd auto with the PP (with good tires for once) is going to be a fast car. It will gain 20-30HP and now has a digital cluster. Will be interesting to see if the price jumps. Will only be around for two years though, these are the specs that should have been in the 15-17 cars. A base PP car with the auto may run $44,000 or more.

Hopefully the 15-17 aftermarket keeps booming.

Zedeater

Good from far
Established Member
Under the skin sounds great, but on top...this.
Where is the muscle? Ford changed from "retro" to "metro".
But as someone else already said, I'll have to see it in person first to pass a final judgement. I remember the first time a got a look at the new edge style and completely hated it but then again it was rocking electric green paint too :eek:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I have to say, as a GT350 owner, I'm not to happy about Ford starting to "standardize" the Mustang with tech that previously set the GT350 apart. The main draw for me was lower profile hood, steering, suspension, brakes and more NA power.

Well, if the regular Mustang now has all that, now I have a dash plaque I paid $25,000 for. Not a happy camper.

I think you'll be just fine with the unique engine, suspension tuning, body panels, interior bits, transmission, wheels, tires, brakes, and aero. ;) I imagine the GT's Sport suspension setting will be a little softer than or on par with the regular GT350's Normal mode.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Good to see Ford is confident enough in the 10sp to throw it in the Mustang this year instead of hesitating and leaving it to the F Series to hash out potential problems.

Everyone knows what the 8 sp did for the Hellcat and what the 10 sp is supposed to do for the new ZL1 once the auto version shows up.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I want to hear the power and torque numbers. The change to the engine, as well as transmission's? Maybe the manual went back to tremec? I don't like the front end however maybe it will grown on me. As if now I don't like the new styling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread