Thanks to SVTP Terminator Owners!

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Yes, I remember... you came by with your wife, right?

that's right! we came by in my orange terminator vert. i think your wife was there too and she was very nice.

anyway i hope that you're enjoying texas, and keep up the good work. you have some real good entrepeneurial spririt to foresee a niche market like this and then capitalize on it.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I no longer own my Terminator but your T-stat was one of the best mods I ever did to my car. It's a must have here in the desert!

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Just wanted to say thank you for making Reische Performance Products so successful in just 5 years! If it wasn't for the support of the people on this forum and the great work of Jared and everyone at Lethal Performance I would not be in business right now.

To show my gratitude I would like to extend lifetime warranties on all Reische thermostats purchased by members of SVTP- basically if you bought one of my units, no matter how long ago and it fails for any reason, I will replace it free of charge. Please contact me directly to honor this.

Thanks again guys and be safe out there :beer:

Thanks a bunch Joel! I'm more than impressed with the success of your products and thank you for giving us the opportunity to distribute them.

You're a class act.

Speak to you soon.

Jared

VADEi2

DAl2K FOl2CE
Established Member
Thanks for making such a great product. Mine worked great on my 03 and now installed one in my 99 as well.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Test mule?? :shrug: Sure, PM or email me ([email protected]) if you'd like to stop by.

reason on test mule..

from your sticky pg 3-reply 67 from you

Running the engine a bit cooler can make a small amount of hp but the main benefit is decreasing the chance of detonation. So generally it's a good idea to do so if the vehicle has been tuned outside of OEM specs, which usually means running more timing advance than stock. Ideally the fan settings should be lowered in the tune to optimize the low temp thermostat's effectiveness.

So the short answer is if you have a handheld programmer or custom tune- it's a good idea to do the thermostat. Stock tune and pulley- I probably wouldn't bother with it.

im stock ( handheld performance tune) and had some head issues,,im not 100% sold on head cooling mod,,

a lot of replies guys have claimed lower operating temps,,

this is what i want to test..

i chased a overheating issue last year,,im a tight ass on spending money on nothing so i went piece by piece..

cleaned all connections double clamped,,ran a paper clip through every whole in radiator and heat exchanger,,

still ran hot,,last part was tstat..i put stant 180..has 1 hole with a floating pin in the hole,,so its not a straight hole like just drilled..

this made change...now i see 204-208 @70-80 mph 200-202 at 60mph

with ac when it was working 219-224...i waiting on cash ac is next repair..i have to go to city for that,,thought i might get a chance to meet and get tstat,,

if i average mileage to head issue im due any day for problems..

or lucky i got the newest head and maybe the newer head gasket..

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
...now i see 204-208 @70-80 mph 200-202 at 60mph
Hmmm... Is the lower radiator air dam still on the car? Last time I went back and forth with a customer whose car was mysteriously running hot we finally figured out that it was not there. If it's missing your ECTs will be 10-25* higher than norm. I'm assuming you've already verified the fan is working ok.

oneboredguy

Established Member
How do you adjust your fan? I just swapped a stage 6 Eaton on my car. I didn't worry about temps with the Procharger but am interested in this product now

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome deal! Best cooling mod to date for my car!

hotcobra03

Established Member
Hmmm... Is the lower radiator air dam still on the car? Last time I went back and forth with a customer whose car was mysteriously running hot we finally figured out that it was not there. If it's missing your ECTs will be 10-25* higher than norm. I'm assuming you've already verified the fan is working ok.

yes air dam is on,i wish i was testing more to confirm temps ,,all i remember is 212-219 ,,

i always just watched guage,,after testing,guage is up at 180 moves at 228 red was 235,

car has 340k,,just did water pump @300k,weep hole leak,replaced with ford pump,fan was changed about 4 yrs ago,,

not changed were orings on back passenger head and tube going to back of water pump,,they are oringinal

note couple weeks back it was cooler here,,temps were 190-196 depending on speed

mike.b

Established Member
I kept putting off buying mine but finally shelled out what I thought was too much for a thermostat. Its worth every penny and I recommend it to anyone. Factory thermostats flat out suck not opening fully until damn near 220 degrees.

Users who are viewing this thread