Thanks to Manny @ HPP!!!

snakebitten1975

Turbo'd Vert
Established Member
10.70's are pretty damn good, even with all that power, Im sure you can lower the times slips with some tuning, and some issues worked out on your racecar matt

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
snakebitten1975 said:
10.70's are pretty damn good, even with all that power, Im sure you can lower the times slips with some tuning, and some issues worked out on your racecar matt
Oh I am sure with the TKO it'll go low 10s my first pass down the track if it hooks, I just don't claim faster times than I have actually gone. I haven't had that car to the track since Oct/05.

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
snakebitten1975 said:
Mine will be a low 9 second car with a good driver, def. low 10's with me driving once I get some seat time when the new setup is finished.

Eric... Low 9's are not going to happen at any boost level with that setup even if John Force was driving that car... I would even challenge you running low 10's in that car with a stick shift tranny... A lot of people think that running low 10's and 9 second quarter mile times is easy. Just because the dyno shows the power it does not mean the car or track will hold it... Your car will be fast it will run great EJ but it will take a pretty radical suspension and driveline setup for your car to run into the 9's...

JC

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
xtremejc said:
Eric... Low 9's are not going to happen at any boost level with that setup even if John Force was driving that car... I would even challenge you running low 10's in that car with a stick shift tranny... A lot of people think that running low 10's and 9 second quarter mile times is easy. Just because the dyno shows the power it does not mean the car or track will hold it... Your car will be fast it will run great EJ but it will take a pretty radical suspension and driveline setup for your car to run into the 9's...

JC
Manny has gone low 10s on low boost... I think Eric can run some 9s for sure, not sure about low 9s, the track will only hold so much... if he runs a 28x10.5 SLICK, and can dead hook the hell out of it and not scatter drivetrain parts, I think a 9.4 or so is doable at 900rw.:rockon:

I just want a 9.9 @ 140+ on low boost... then it'll be time to play with the boost(25ish).:banana:

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
How do you call 19 psi out of twin 61mm turbos low boost Matt... That was over 800 RWHP bro... It should run that number and then some. Manny will even tell you that. He is launching the car with no boost and still running the number because he punishes that car down the track and is an excellent driver. He knows he needs a two step to maximize his setup and that car is heavy... A diet and a two step and Manny's car will be a solid mid 9 second beast with him driving it...

I am pulling for both of you guys don't get me wrong, I just get tired of people talking about running 9's and 10's like is no big deal... It takes a lot of things going right with a setup to get a healthy 9 second slip...

snakebitten1975

Turbo'd Vert
Established Member
yes JC and he ran a 10.10 on the same suspension setup as me, Im not saying i will run that time right away, but with a good driver or some practice It can be run, or close to High 9's. I know with the auto I should be in the 9's.

snakebitten1975

Turbo'd Vert
Established Member
xtremejc said:
How do you call 19 psi out of twin 61mm turbos low boost Matt... That was over 800 RWHP bro... It should run that number and then some. Manny will even tell you that. He is launching the car with no boost and still running the number because he punishes that car down the track and is an excellent driver. He knows he needs a two step to maximize his setup and that car is heavy... A diet and a two step and Manny's car will be a solid mid 9 second beast with him driving it...

I am pulling for both of you guys don't get me wrong, I just get tired of people talking about running 9's and 10's like is no big deal... It takes a lot of things going right with a setup to get a healthy 9 second slip...

So you dont think with the stroker motor I will not making more than 900 rwhp on less boost than manny's car did. I know mine are 57's ive even considered going to Gt 35's down the road or the 61's like on yours and Manny's setup. Just not at this time, Im not trying to compare dyno numbers, I do know A guy with my same kit and a stroker motor from modular ford was running 9's on high boost in an 03 cobra, its possible. I know that once I do get an auto in the future, I will be much closer to 9's, my goal has always been to run 10's; since Ive already been into the 11's with my old eaton setup.

snakebitten1975

Turbo'd Vert
Established Member
I do realize its going to take a lot of work to get into the low 10's and 9's JC I know that its been hard for many to do it on high boost, but its still very possible with my current suspension setup. I know it wont happen over night.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I think it is funny how people throw around the terms "Low Boost" and "High Boost".....

What exactly is low boost? To some it is 6-8 pounds. To others it is 8-10, and a few 10 or more?????????

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Low boost is relative to how much boost you can run. If your car holds 10 psi at full tilt... 6 lbs is low boost, 10 is high.

I would say I was on low boost aslong as I wasnt at my max boost potential.. because that would be low boost compared to what I could turn it up to.

I guess that's just my understanding of it though.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
foofinator said:
Low boost is relative to how much boost you can run. If your car holds 10 psi at full tilt... 6 lbs is low boost, 10 is high.

I would say I was on low boost aslong as I wasnt at my max boost potential.. because that would be low boost compared to what I could turn it up to.

Sounds Pretty good to me..

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
foofinator said:

Sounds good to me as well......

snakebitten1975

Turbo'd Vert
Established Member
Low boost in my car is 10lbs, but i know in some cars it is 6-8 lbs, for a while my low boost setting was at 9lbs. Which results in varying power numbers, mine was making 500 on 9 lbs, 560 on 10 lbs. I definitely agree with your comment Foof.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
04sleeper said:
I think it is funny how people throw around the terms "Low Boost" and "High Boost".....

What exactly is low boost? To some it is 6-8 pounds. To others it is 8-10, and a few 10 or more?????????
to me low is 16 or less... high is 17 or more... :beer: basically if you can run pump gas on a certain boost without blowing anything up and have the car still run good (timing isn't down TOO far) it is low boost.

high boost for my 86 will be in the mid-high 20s, maybe 30+ if I cog it... my blower will support 1300 flywheel hp and 39 psi maxed out. I got another car to get fixed first.:nono:

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
04sleeper said:

Yeah, my buddy with an RX-7 refers to "low boost" at 14 psi.:lol:

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
DHG BULLITT said:
Is it the same buddy that just lost the same car to a fire...sucks, that car was fast.
No, his low boost was higher than that. But I don't wanna talk about it. :(

Users who are viewing this thread