Thanks h.p.p.

blownaltered

Established Member
Well to alot of guys this is a carry over from the weekend, this is the conversation that would have happened at the meet Friday night. People talk on here like they talk in person, the only advantage to doing it here is Manny can defend himself, the disadvantage is that potential customers are reading this. I'm not bad talking HPP, I have nothing against them guys. Also I have never heard Jeremy bash HPP, but thats me.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Exactly what Donnie said, I'm not bashing them in any way, I just want to know what the hell is wrong with Jeremy's "Lemon" of a colored car...:lol1:

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
Hey man, your car is sick, when i was up there talking to Ozzie about my car and my lil bro's terminator i had a chance to look at her, and i was impressed. Right before we left James started it up, sounds amazing man! Good luck with her. Props to HPP as well. Yall are top notch!

juiced35th

Banned
DHG BULLITT said:
No joke there is no need for it, it never would've started had your guy not interfeared. I plan on having you guys re-tune my car in a couple months when I get a lower, I would bring alot of business to you guys, I don't respect the fact that you guys police these boards though.

You need to quit sipping on the haterade. Policing and defending your companys name are two different things. I'd be upset if i was manny. Your taking classless no merit low blows at them.

JKD

Banned
Everyone just needs to calm down and relax.

We're a group of friends and we LOVE to endlessly break eachothers balls. It just happen to be bad timing (but REALLY REALLY funny) when Jeremy's car was at the GTG just sitting there by itself and something fell off of the car. EVERYONE there heard it, turned to look at Jeremy who was deep red faced in embarrassment. Not only did it happen at a car GTG, but it happened it front of a bunch of friends, so of course we're gonna break his balls about it. It's just a joke that has gotten blown WAY out of proportion by others who dont know us.

When Jeremy has bitched about his car ( and we ALL do this) we hate the car when it gives us problems, we love it when it runs correctly. We are are guilty of this and should not be taken as a reflection of HPP.

The motor tossing joke was made by ME. Not Jeremy. But it wasnt directed at HPP because I've been making the joke about my car for months which HPP did not do.

Manny/Ozzie - Keep doing your thing guys. Don't worry about Sheldon (DHGBullitt) because no one listens to anything he says anyways. He knows less then shit about cars and he's only complaining because he's away bored at school.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
juiced35th said:
You need to quit sipping on the haterade. Policing and defending your companys name are two different things. I'd be upset if i was manny. Your taking classless no merit low blows at them.

Please STFU and read before you post, Like I said I wouldn't take my Cobra anywhere other than HPP, I have never once taken a shot at their work or customer care. I felt I was attacked by them in this thread, and defended my statement. :loser:

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Here is my take on HPP. I've dealt with these guys constantly for the last 12 months. So I think I'm in a good position to have a well formed opinion of this operation.

I can honestly say that I think I've had made more changes to my 03 Cobra than anyone ever has. I've changed just about every thing you can think of numerous times and in various combinations depending on what I had planed for the car.

Unfortunately, my plans changed a couple of times until last February when I told them "STOP THE PRESS." I decided I wanted to land speed race the car.

Since that decision I have had them completely pull the car back apart and we started building a new special built motor from scratch, majorly modified the cage, and made numerous other mods to meet the safety requirements at Bonneville. And when I went through inspection, each and everything HPP did for me was perfect. Let there be no mistake. I hold the Land Speed Record I have as a result of the hard work and tolerance of Manny, Ozzie, James, Wade, Chris, and the rest of their fine crew. If you look at a picture of my car, you will see "HPP Racing" on my car and I am proud to have it there.

Of great importance to me as a customer long before I broke the record, is that I've closely examined the finest details of my car. Inside and out to include the internals of the motor. If HPP said they did it, let there be no mistake, they did it. Its that simple.

Having a shop that you absolutely know is going to be perfectly honest with you is worth how much? If you don't know the answer to this, ask around. You will find countless people who've been burnt by shade tree mechanics and fly by night operations. In fact, I've seen people burnt so badly if makes you want to cry.

I live in South Georgia. I'm 1000 miles away from HPP. Its worth the drive to me to know that when I'm doing the level of work that I'm having done, its going to be done exactly as I'm told its being done and done right.

Is everything perfect? What is? There have been difficulties and problems. But those especially arise when you are trying to build something unique. But HPP has always been fair and we've always worked things out to both of our satisfactions. Stop and look at NHRA and NASCAR. They have the best of the best building their cars. Yet things still go wrong. This is the nature of the beast. It is no different for us. No matter what performance shop you want to talk about, there will be someone who's car, for what ever reason, turned out to just not work right. Every person who provides a service or a product is going to have some unhappy customers. Its unavoidable. However, from what I've seen, HPP does more to keep its customers happy than anyone I've ever seen. And they do this three ways:

1) They provide the highest quality work that can be provided.

2) They work hard to make things right when they do have a problem.

3) They are honest with their customers.

This brings me to the last point. I didn't read all the ya ya ya about drop kicking and the like. But I didn't need to inorder to see that the guys at HPP got their feathers ruffled. Be it justified or not, it doesn't matter to me because I'm not going to even try and be the judge of that. Instead, I'm going to make the following observation that I want everyone to carefully consider:

The guys at HPP get their feathers ruffled because they take sooo sooo much pride in the work they do and the level of customer service they provide. Where there are so many shops that just don't really care, that isn't the case at HPP. Its a rare find and a true treasure to see a group of guys so into what they do and taking so much pride in it. Those guys are work beasts. 60 hour weeks seem the norm for them.

So when when other shops don't get all worked up over a slight insult and HPP does, know that its an indication of just how much more dedication, pride, and honor these guys place in the quality of their work.

juiced35th

Banned
DHG BULLITT said:
Please STFU and read before you post, Like I said I wouldn't take my Cobra anywhere other than HPP, I have never once taken a shot at their work or customer care. I felt I was attacked by them in this thread, and defended my statement. :loser:
I have read what you posted, and I've seen another thread where you were talking shit. So don't act like you haven't been hating. No one attacked you, they are just defending their good name. Just because you forgot about the other thread where YOU were bashing them doesn't mean everyone else did. If you don't happen to remember it's the engine builder thread.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
juiced35th said:
I have read what you posted, and I've seen another thread where you were talking shit. So don't act like you haven't been hating. No one attacked you, they are just defending their good name. Just because you forgot about the other thread where YOU were bashing them doesn't mean everyone else did. If you don't happen to remember it's the engine builder thread.

Blah Blah Blah, Yap Yap Yap...That's all I hear, I know alot of people that have said things about HPP as well, just because I'm the only one that has the balls to say something about it on the boards is no reason to criticize me for speaking my mind.

Yes they do great work, yes they are my shop of choice...should I be able to voice my opinion about them when I think they're out of line...well, it is America so smoke my pole.

Last edited:

blownaltered

Established Member
Sheldon does have a point, if you don't like what he says don't read it, he has the right to post it you have the right to read it or not. But you mention the motor building thread and that shit wasn't made up those things did happen infront of everybody, so he's just speaking his mind. Would this be different if we had this conversation at a meet, when something goes wrong with a car no matter who is at fault or if it was just shit happens, you are still going to be pissed and bitch about it, thats what people do. I'm sure everyone here has bitched at least one time in there life.

-Wade-

Established Member
DHG BULLITT said:
...should I be able to voice my opinion about them when I think they're out of line...well, it is America so smoke my pole.

Pot - Kettle

Why should I not be able to voice my opinion?

This is America and everything.

juiced35th

Banned
blownaltered said:
Sheldon does have a point, if you don't like what he says don't read it, he has the right to post it you have the right to read it or not. But you mention the motor building thread and that shit wasn't made up those things did happen infront of everybody, so he's just speaking his mind. Would this be different if we had this conversation at a meet, when something goes wrong with a car no matter who is at fault or if it was just shit happens, you are still going to be pissed and bitch about it, thats what people do. I'm sure everyone here has bitched at least one time in there life.

I don't know him(DHG) so i can only tell you from what i've seen on this board. I haven't seen much except a bunch of hating. As far as the engine builder thread, he came in there and responded with a jackass post about how recent events at h.p.p. should sway someone from using their built motors. It was a chicken shit cheapshot. What really fell off foof's car was NOTHING SERIOUS. So to piss and moan about it he posted in that thread, and it's not even his car. If you're going to talk some shit about someone don't forget to include ALL of the story. Bottom line is it was uncalled for.

juiced35th

Banned
blownaltered said:

I don't know him(DHG) so i can only tell you from what i've seen on this board. I haven't seen much except a bunch of hating. As far as the engine builder thread, he came in there and responded with a jackass post about how recent events at h.p.p. should sway someone from using their built motors. It was a chicken shit cheapshot. What really fell off foof's car was NOTHING SERIOUS. So to piss and moan about it he posted in that thread, and it's not even his car. If you're going to talk some shit about someone don't forget to include ALL of the story. Bottom line is it was uncalled for.

blownaltered

Established Member
Well I wont go into the details of other things that happened, but there was another piece that came off that we had to bolt back on, you actually don't know any of the story that was what I was trying to say without pointing out problems. There were other isues also during the dyno and such but we hang out every Friday at a buddies house, we are all friends thats why we know all this and seen all this, its not because anybody was talking shit, its because friends talk to each other.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
WOAH ****IN WOAH! I didn't say that HPP couldn't build a good motor. I just felt it'd be better spent on a VT Stroker or Dart Block, rather than just boring the stock motor.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
-Wade- said:
Pot - Kettle

Why should I not be able to voice my opinion?

This is America and everything.

You didn't come on as a person, you came as a representative of HPP, which is what set me off.

I didn't realize you live in Denton...you should cruise out to the rice killer meet with us sometime, me and a few other guys from UNT go every now and then.

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
DHG BULLITT said:
Yes they do great work, yes they are my shop of choice...should I be able to voice my opinion about them when I think they're out of line...well, it is America so smoke my pole.

Yes, you are free to speak your mind, and they are free to refuse service to whom ever they choose.:eek:

If you were MY customer, you'd be rephrasing your statement as follows:

"Yes they do great work, yes they WERE my shop of choice. That is until I stuck my big foot in my stupid mouth and pissed them all off. Now I'm just a dip stick that has to settle for second rate work at outrageous prices from someone else."

Of course, the guys at HPP are probably alot more tolerant than I am. Or at least you better hope they are.:cryying:

Users who are viewing this thread