Tesla -- Take Your Profits

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
And GM just dropped 2 billion to buy investment in Nikola Corp. probably a smart move on their part to get them into the EV sector without spending tons of R&D.

Nicola is actually using GM's tech, not the other way around. This play allows them to get in on the ground floor of a company that could be worth hundred of billions (ala Tesla) down the road.

They are already spending billions and billions and ......... WAY more than they are investing in ICE. Tesla gets all the press when it comes to anything EV/AV related, but in reality, GM is one of the leaders. Eons ahead of Ford, FCA, and pretty much everyone else.

Good, bad, or ugly, GM is all in on EV's and AV's. They will absolutely ride or die with it.

nxhappy

Established Member
Nicola is actually using GM's tech, not the other way around. This play allows them to get in on the ground floor of a company that could be worth hundred of billions (ala Tesla) down the road.

They are already spending billions and billions and ......... WAY more than they are investing in ICE. Tesla gets all the press when it comes to anything EV/AV related, but in reality, GM is one of the leaders. Eons ahead of Ford, FCA, and pretty much everyone else.

Good, bad, or ugly, GM is all in on EV's and AV's. They will absolutely ride or die with it.
honda and toyota are WAY ahead of GM and F in my opinion ....AND tesla

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member

A sales rep that works For my girl’s company was so excited after visiting Nikola, he offered to go back and do their training for free. Got to see the badger, submersible SXS, big rigs, and they had drapes over the military stuff. I was very surprised to hear it as most think they’re vaporware...apparently very real.

No idea what their stock will do, but it looks like they’re about to put out some pretty cool products.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Ford not only dropped the ball, someone kicked it and now they can't even find it.

But, but, but Hackett said they was a transport company much like Yellow cab is. So glad the IKEA salesman is finally done as he has done so much damage in so little time that he was at the Helm.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Ford invested $11B into EV a few years back though? I thought they were second only to VW in the scale of the EV push. Maybe that's changed now.

They said the original plan was 40 EV/hybrids by 2022, but I guess we will see if that actually happens.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Ford invested $11B into EV a few years back though? I thought they were second only to VW in the scale of the EV push. Maybe that's changed now.

They said the original plan was 40 EV/hybrids by 2022, but I guess we will see if that actually happens.

Not even close. They simply committed to spending that, and were already years behind getting in the game. Them and VW were the last ones standing alone, that's why they joined up. All the good deals and alliances were long gone.

They've were and continue to be lagging behind the leaders significantly. That's part of the reason they are going through CEO's like $2 whores, and their stock is stuck in the crapper. No real vision, strategy, or growth potential. No reason to "believe".

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Has tech increased that much or is it just the new fad?
I thought they tried this as far back as 100 yes ago and it did not work. I know many non auto companies have invested billions in Solar tech and it just won’t work on the larges scale.

Dyson put in millions to build an ev and they said there’s no way to make a profit without $thousands in subsidies.

q6543

Established Member
My gf just bought a bunch more $TSLA today 447ish or so...

Her acct. Has outperformed my traditional acct.
But the volatility is gut wrenching

q6543

Established Member
Yeah.. her 1st buys were 850ish.
Even then the chart looked too parabolic for me.

I'm fine with being the benchmark lol

rborden

Established Member
They sure are pushing electric cars hard, but there’s multiple issues with electric being sustainable long-term.

First off, lithium batteries are extremely difficult to recycle, and costly to dispose of.

Secondly, how do you recharge your electric vehicle when half the grid is down in California to prevent already occurring wildfires from spreading more? You can’t recharge with no electricity source (which ironically is generated by coal in most cases and some windmill and hydrostatic dams). I can see the headline in the LA Times now. “Family of 5 dead from wildfires because electric car couldn’t charge”

Thirdly, lithium resources are limited. At some point there won’t be anymore.

Even that pencil neck Newsome is waking up to the fact that green energy is highly costly and fails to be practical and cost-effective to the average consumer.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom: Time to 'Sober Up' About Green Energy's Flaws

I personally belief at some point hydrogen cars will overtake electric vehicles or possibly ion powered cars will come available when they are cost effective.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Not being close enough to the facts, this makes for a fascinating story to watch. Freeze or fry. I am not sure which one will prevail.

On one hand this stock feels like a massive deception like Theranos. Yet there are too many smart people Following this company claiming this genius is so far ahead in battery tech/ That world dominance is eminent.

I suspect this will all come down to timing and when you invest and sell the stock. If you are lucky you will make a killing. If unlucky, you will get wiped out.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The number of Chinese EV makers who are making or who will shortly be making EV's is astounding. Every traditional car maker in the West is coming with product. Tesla will shortly find out what ICE equivalent competition is like. With their dealer setup they will be a niche player.

q6543

Established Member
I still keep seeing the mindset of tesla as a car company. It isnt.
The joke is they could stop making cars and the stock would go up.
They are a global energy infrastructure play.

Users who are viewing this thread