Tesla -- Take Your Profits

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Tesla is a tech company first and a car company second. I agree that people that want a Tesla are going to get one because of the name and will most likely not buy another EV unless they truly care about the EV portion and not the brand name. Go to LA and you'll see what I mean.
This! It's been said that Tesla could ditch their car manufacturing and still be a successful tech company. So IMO Ford, GM and others entering the EV arena isn't going to put much of a dent into Tesla, the tech company, financially.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
You're a fool if you think the official filings with the SEC are off by more than a rounding error. The market itself is based on accurate information. If it weren't, the market would have crashed and burned to the ground many, many years ago.

The CFO would be going to prison if they were lying about having $8B in cash and short term investments. BTW, I think you're confusing cash and short term investments on hand versus market cap or stock price fluctuations. Further, with a market cap of $260B they could EASILY issue more shares at $1400 each to fund whatever they want.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Why do you call it fraud? All I see is a lot of jet-setting. Tesla and SpaceX are his companies. He can decide how much time to devote on site. My *guess* is he runs/attends a lot of meetings from the airplanes.

And this El Gordo character needs to get a life. Elon Musk is ROCKETING up the charts of the wealthiest people on the planet. That is not even debatable.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Why do you call it fraud? All I see is a lot of jet-setting. Tesla and SpaceX are his companies. He can decide how much time to devote on site. My *guess* is he runs/attends a lot of meetings from the airplanes.

And this El Gordo character needs to get a life. Elon Musk is ROCKETING up the charts of the wealthiest people on the planet. That is not even debatable.
Manipulating markets(billions from China and Mexican cartels), false quarterly finance reports, false sales numbers, money laundering between Tesla carvana spacex, etc. all to add a few billion to his accounts.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

Fat Boss

Established Member
That guy has't worked for Tesla for over two years and is still spouting off about stuff? He loses credibility with me there. FWIW, I bought in at $475 and sold at $1900.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Statue of limitations on fraud, sec violations, money laundering, etc?
I see Elon skipped town.

Mr Musk hasn't exactly endeared himself to the SEC. If there's really any fire behind that smoke, I'd think they'd be all over him.

Things like not reporting theft, spying on employees, retaliation against ex-employees, stealing the idea for a flamethrower from Pablo Escobar's brother, and sexual assault are just not legally fraud cases. You can argue he's a moral fraud, or that he a bad man, but it's not fraud. Fraud is telling the SEC that you made more money than you actually did. I don't think anyone is saying that.

The theft of copper shows up as a bottom line expense for the copper. It's covered under Cost of Goods Sold.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
The SEC is a useless government organization. Those people never even charged anyone in the 2008 economic collapse, where fraud was rampant. As long as the right pockets are being lined, nothing ever happens.

Tesla is one of the biggest fraudulent companies to have ever existed.

q6543

Established Member
I guess all the flight tracking is.... from HIS ELECTRIC AEROPLANE..

That's what the market says... that and 2 million mile car battery.

Fat Boss

Established Member
LOL they're raising $5B at a hugely (yugely?) inflated stock value. They're doing this because it's an absolute gift to them, not because they have to.

Lemme guess. You hate electric cars?

Users who are viewing this thread