TerminatorCobraJP's 700WHP Cobra Build

01yellercobra

Established Member
So basically it goes valve cover -> catch can -> blower if you plug up the lower intake manifold hose?

Also, in this configuration shouldn't it be a solid (unvented) catch can?
Correct. And yes, you want an unvented catch can.

The vented catch can I mentioned doesn't get hooked up to the intake.

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
So basically it goes valve cover -> catch can -> blower if you plug up the lower intake manifold hose?

Also, in this configuration shouldn't it be a solid (unvented) catch can?
So in this set up I would just leave the hose that runs from the passenger side valve cover to the air intake tube alone and then run a line from the driver side valve cover to a catch can, then to the back of the blower from there?

Sent from my SM-S536DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
So in this set up I would just leave the hose that runs from the passenger side valve cover to the air intake tube alone and then run a line from the driver side valve cover to a catch can, then to the back of the blower from there?

Yep. Super simple.

efnfast

Established Member
If you plug the lower intake manifold, won't oil start to pool inside it versus being drawn through pcv system?

Just trying to think of any downsides, like needing to remove the lower intake manifold to clean it out periodically?

01yellercobra

Established Member
If you plug the lower intake manifold, won't oil start to pool inside it versus being drawn through pcv system?

Just trying to think of any downsides, like needing to remove the lower intake manifold to clean it out periodically?
That's why you either run a good catch can in line or switch to breathers/vented catch can. The good catch can should collect all the oil before reaching the intake.

The last time I had my intake off the lower was clean. And that was after having this set up a few thousand miles.

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
Here's a little update. I've figured out exactly how I want to do the PCV delete so I've ordered some braided lines, some AN fittings, and a catch can set up, I'm going to piece together a custom set up. My fuel system came in and I started opening it up, going through everything and I'm not gonna lie, it's a bit intimidating for someone with little experience wrenching but I'm going to work at it, one thing at a time and try to get through it. It's getting there slowly but surely.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Once you put together a couple fittings you'll be good. If you have a vice look into a set of soft jaws for it. I picked up a set for my vice and it makes assembling the hose ends a ton easier.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Once you put together a couple fittings you'll be good. If you have a vice look into a set of soft jaws for it. I picked up a set for my vice and it makes assembling the hose ends a ton easier.
I think my Fore kit came with soft jaws and wrenches. I did need a decent set of fuel line cutters.

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
I believe all of my hoses are already cut to length and assembled. I ordered a Lethal system. I do have to assemble the fuel hat though. It's just a lot of stuff that I don't have experience messing with. The amount of wiring is what really kills me, I've never had a good understanding of wiring and electrical components.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I believe all of my hoses are already cut to length and assembled. I ordered a Lethal system. I do have to assemble the fuel hat though. It's just a lot of stuff that I don't have experience messing with. The amount of wiring is what really kills me, I've never had a good understanding of wiring and electrical components.

I’ll give you a tip. When installing the pumps into the hat, hold the pumps next to the holder, you want the pump in as far as possible into the hat. About flush or 1/16” from the bulged on the pump. Mark the rubber hose. Cut it and push the pump in. Believe me, once you push it in you need to cut it back out. That little rubber submersible fuel hose is $30 a foot. So don’t mess it up. I lube the pump barb and the outside of the pump with a tiny bit of oil.

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
I’ll give you a tip. When installing the pumps into the hat, hold the pumps next to the holder, you want the pump in as far as possible into the hat. About flush or 1/16” from the bulged on the pump. Mark the rubber hose. Cut it and push the pump in. Believe me, once you push it in you need to cut it back out. That little rubber submersible fuel hose is $30 a foot. So don’t mess it up. I lube the pump barb and the outside of the pump with a tiny bit of oil.
I have one of the new fuel hats with the Lethal kit, no hoses here.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Correct. And yes, you want an unvented catch can.

The vented catch can I mentioned doesn't get hooked up to the intake.

Thread is long and Ive been mia for a bit but so might has missed a reference but:

Need to know what you need but nice pieces, not inexpensive.

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
I'm currently trying to remove the stock fuel lines. I'm slightly confused on which lines I need to remove. I see two lines, a big one and a small one that follow a similar path. The smaller one is connected to the stock fuel filter, the larger one looks like it T's into a line that goes to what I believe is the charcoal canister. Do I remove just the smaller hard line and leave the big hard line or do both come out?

Users who are viewing this thread