TerminatorCobraJP's 700WHP Cobra Build

LS WUT

Established Member

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
With how far aftermarket ecu's have come it's really a no brainer to swap computers if you don't have to worry about passing emissions. Heck the shop out by me now has a gateway available to make a Holley system PNP.

9802c5d567c079e6c6497c4681e84ce4.jpg

sob, that harness alone is more than the MS3 computer setup

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
sob, that harness alone is more than the MS3 computer setup

It's not always about price though. If I'm shopping for my first standalone / tuning for the 1st time I would gladly pay extra to make install much easier, and have a million Facebook groups to help me with my tune. It's a good option.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
It's not always about price though. If I'm shopping for my first standalone / tuning for the 1st time I would gladly pay extra to make install much easier, and have a million Facebook groups to help me with my tune. It's a good option.

not having to rewire the car is a huge bonus. Im not really ready to go standalone quite yet so looking into it but at the same time and considering buying one to have on hand before prices go up more and/or epa makes them unavailable. 6k in holley stuff collecting dust would drive me nuts, 1500 ms3 not so much

01yellercobra

Established Member
not having to rewire the car is a huge bonus. Im not really ready to go standalone quite yet so looking into it but at the same time and considering buying one to have on hand before prices go up more and/or epa makes them unavailable. 6k in holley stuff collecting dust would drive me nuts, 1500 ms3 not so much
I say go MS3. They were just on sale too.

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
I thought installing one of these clutches was as simple as lining up the holes, torque to spec, and using the clutch alignment tool to keep the twin disks aligned. Do you really gotta take all of these measurements to adjust the clutch properly?
Screenshot_20240105_195118_YouTube.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S536DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
I got the car back from the body shop but it just doesn't seem right to me. I feel like there is a large gap between the hood and the front bumper and I believe the big piece that the bumper mounts to is supposed to be clear coated on a Cobra but it is not. I can't really say for sure but it feels off to me.
Snapchat-1973069571.jpeg
Snapchat-295859331.jpeg
Snapchat-1300302256.jpeg
Snapchat-2010506333.jpeg

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
View attachment 1825568
Mine appears to be all clear coated. I'm not sure all the way down below though
I've been looking through engine bay photos and all the ones I see online look clear coated. The back side of it is just flat black which I feel like isn't correct either. Maybe I'm tripping on the gap, that might be normal but that piece definitely looks like it needs clear.

PC03GT

Established Member
I've been looking through engine bay photos and all the ones I see online look clear coated. The back side of it is just flat black which I feel like isn't correct either. Maybe I'm tripping on the gap, that might be normal but that piece definitely looks like it needs clear.

Just looked everything up top and sides are clear, the rest is just body color

bird_dog0347

Established Member
It looks like the hood and fender lines match up, but I feel like the bumper cover is sagging and maybe some mounts are missing. I am having a hard time from the pics telling where you're concerned about clear coat though as in the pics it just looks like there's dirt/grime on there to me. Can you circle the area you're referring to? Also pics of the same area of both sides of the bay for comparison?

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
It looks like the hood and fender lines match up, but I feel like the bumper cover is sagging and maybe some mounts are missing. I am having a hard time from the pics telling where you're concerned about clear coat though as in the pics it just looks like there's dirt/grime on there to me. Can you circle the area you're referring to? Also pics of the same area of both sides of the bay for comparison?
The part where I am missing clear is one big piece that goes across the entire front of the car. The top of the bumper mounts to it. I got a screenshot of another car that shows the piece I'm talking about and I used my original picture and circled the problem in yellow.
Screenshot_20240119_174118.jpeg
Screenshot_20240119_174051_Instagram.jpeg

bird_dog0347

Established Member
The part where I am missing clear is one big piece that goes across the entire front of the car. The top of the bumper mounts to it. I got a screenshot of another car that shows the piece I'm talking about and I used my original picture and circled the problem in yellow.View attachment 1825573View attachment 1825574

Gotcha, sorry, was hard to tell in the first pic.... That said, it also looks like the panels don't align in the center of the bumper cover where the flat black filler panel connects (where the cobra emblem is) as the one in your last pic shows a good alignment but yours has a gap.

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
Any air intake recommendations? Right now I'm torn between the JLT High Boost kit or the JLT Ram kit. I'm leaning more towards the high boost kit because I really like the look of it and having the bigger filter and colder intake temps but I've heard some people say for high horsepower cars a ram intake with the filter under the hood is better. Any ideas on this?

LS WUT

Established Member
I run JLT on my black coupe, and my whipple has a JLT as well. Ram air kits aren’t bad either. I always get nervous about kits in the fenders though

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
I run JLT on my black coupe, and my whipple has a JLT as well. Ram air kits aren’t bad either. I always get nervous about kits in the fenders though
Nervous about water or something else? I don't drive the car if the roads are wet so I'm not worried about water. I do find myself concerned about there being enough air flow inside of the fender to feed the Whipple however.

Users who are viewing this thread