Terminator value go down lately

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Gotta be careful with modern wrapper/low mileage cars, corvette guys got hammered over and over on that, a lot more got put away than anyone ever expected.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Wait a second......that’s the 300 mile car on Facebook?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I am assuming so... not many of them out there.

Gotta be careful with modern wrapper/low mileage cars, corvette guys got hammered over and over on that, a lot more got put away than anyone ever expected.

I don’t think there are but maybe a handful of sub-1000 mile Mystichrome cars left. I know of a few, but that’s about it.

dom418

Established Member
There are a lot more ultra low mile terminators left than people think. They are in private collections, owned by people that do not need the money. When the time comes, they sell before hitting the market in many cases.

Talleywacker

Established Member
You forgot
Midpipe
Catback
Intake
Idlers
Coolant Expansion tanks
Clutch
Input shaft (my 10 spline went at 460tq)
Diff brace
Lowering springs
MGW (unless u like missing 3rd)

Those are basic mods so the car will function correctly. It's a car that wasn't supposed to make so much power, so a lot has to be done to support that power.
S550 trans are garbage. 26 spline and your handling some good power

Talleywacker

Established Member
I had a chance to buy my uncles original owned 03 and as much as I could buy anything I wanted this is the car I’m taking.

Some would say molested... I say who cares if I never plan to sell so the value for me is the fact I know who owned it and how it was taken care of.

Attachments

• 79883367-4138-45E4-B336-E78381A5F9AE.jpeg
    79883367-4138-45E4-B336-E78381A5F9AE.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 174

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I had a chance to buy my uncles original owned 03 and as much as I could buy anything I wanted this is the car I’m taking.

Some would say molested... I say who cares if I never plan to sell so the value for me is the fact I know who owned it and how it was taken care of.

i agree, i think that is an often overlooked aspect when folks buy performance cars. it is always really good to know the previous owners personally, and the history of the car.

MCT

Established Member
All the Terminators in my area are all priced at least $20,000. If any Terminator isn't around 20k here, something is wrong with it.

Talleywacker

Established Member
i agree, i think that is an often overlooked aspect when folks buy performance cars. it is always really good to know the previous owners personally, and the history of the car.

I know I'll drive it more than he did but I'm 36 now so in 30 years when I'm 66 I'm willing to bet I won't even have 75k miles on it and a 46yr old Terminator with 76k miles would be still desirable I would think.

Especially with original seats removed/sealed/stored and using rear seat delete and Corbeau seats being used for the day to day use. While my car will never be a wrapper it'll still be very nice.

Nightforce

Established Member
Simply put, the Terminator is an iconic car! It was the birth of the modern boosted muscle car era. It was an awesome car straight from the factory, but it was really the modded cars that got attention from the masses. With some realitively simple bolt-on mods, these cars reached a whole new level of awesomeness. It was the modded cars that raised the demand that kept the values higher than other recent performance cars. Ironically though, it’s the virgin cars that command the highest money. I’m torn really... as an owner of a couple of pristine virgins, I absolutely love seeing all of the fantastically modded Terminators on this forum. I just cannot do that to my cars. Also, as more and more Terminators get heavily modded and beat to death, the unmolested virgins get more rare every year. This again is the irony... the modded cars got the attention and kept the values higher overall for these cars, but it’s the virgins that are at the top of the prices. With all of that said, the fact that these cars can command prices in the 30s and even into the 40s all these years later is absolutely fantastic for all of us.

Are you willing to sell one of your terminators???

Goose17

Established Member
Are you willing to sell one of your terminators???

I’ll be listing my 4600 mile vert for sale in a little over a week. The car is in incredible condition top to bottom (spent a lot of time under the car making it perfect) and inside/out. It has never been modded and still rides on its original tires. I planned to keep this car forever, but now have a 500 mile one too. No need to have duplicates in my collection. I will list it for $37.5k. Here are a few pics:

0623355-E-8-F98-4831-9408-1-A956-CA9-F7-A5.jpg

98-CF1-CA3-3-E0-E-4-AEF-98-A5-CD076418-BD12.jpg

8-E587-D09-F54-F-41-F0-A1-B8-3-A74096-CC394.jpg

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
A part of me thinks I should have left mine alone. Others say they don't mod but always think about doing some mods. I guess the grass is always different on the other side of the fence. lol.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Of course anyone can go crazy and beyond the point of no return.....but for the most part, you can mod these cars, enjoy for a while.....then easily return to bone stock as long as you kept the factory parts. Thats the beauty of having an essentially fully built factory powerplant.

Mod away

01yellercobra

Established Member
A part of me thinks I should have left mine alone. Others say they don't mod but always think about doing some mods. I guess the grass is always different on the other side of the fence. lol.

There is something to be said about leaving something alone. My car has been an upper only car the entire time I've owned it. It's only left me stranded once and that was because of the alternator. I'm planning some mods really soon and almost talked myself out of them because of the idea of ripping apart a perfectly running car. But this is something I've been wanting to do forever so I'm gonna take the chance. Plus it makes the car more mine.

Goose17

Established Member

I’m glad you did mod your car... I live vicariously through you. Your car is insanely awesome! Modified Mystichrome is just JAW-dropping!

That said, finding pristine virgin Terminators is getting harder and harder. I’ve got quite a few collector buddies. They are always looking for the virgin cars.

Nightforce

Established Member
How much do want for the 500 mile one???? Do have any coupes??

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Nightforce

Established Member
I’ll be listing my 4600 mile vert for sale in a little over a week. The car is in incredible condition top to bottom (spent a lot of time under the car making it perfect) and inside/out. It has never been modded and still rides on its original tires. I planned to keep this car forever, but now have a 500 mile one too. No need to have duplicates in my collection. I will list it for $37.5k. Here are a few pics:

View attachment 1556471

View attachment 1556472

View attachment 1556473

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread