Terminator value go down lately

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
I follow quiet a while now . Some that usually around 17-20k . See those sold for 13-14k . Convertible around 10k . Couple 13-14k . I’m not talk about those super low miles . I am talk about those 30,000 + miles

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Depends ..

For reference I just paid 20.5 for a 55k DSG aluminator/tvs/rxt/fore/kooks car.

Not the cleanest but nice enough.

Also sold my 27k Mile 2.9 whipple, cams, rxt, ftbr, kooks, fore Mystichrome for 25k.

I'd rate that car at a 7.5-8/10.

I probably overpaid slightly for the DSG and undersold the MC a bit.. but I'm happy with both transactions.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Winter normally us not the high time to be selling sport cars. Trucks and suv sell higher this time of year. And yes 03-04 cobras are comming down as they should

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I only track Mystichrome cars and I’ve seen their values rise every year since buying my first vert in 2013.

D-MANN

Established Member
Definitely not coming down in price in Canada. If anything they have gone up here. Its high demand car here and their are so few available. Mid summer you be lucky to even find 10 for sale across the entire country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GodStang

Established Member
September to about march the prices are usually on the low side. April through the summer prices get healthy again.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The price curve on condition is steep. Also, if I guy must quick sell in winter, the price will reflect it.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Winter time prices go down. Who wants to buy one of these cars then when it’s going to sit. Unless your in Texas, Florida, or Cali. Winter is a better time to buy.

Some prices maybe falling too when it comes to people desperate to sell. Seeing as it’s harder to get a loan on these cars now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dom418

Established Member
I don’t even have a retirement fund, my money is being invested in Terminators. Better return than gold bullion

CobraKid04

Established Member
It's hard to justify the premium for a Terminator anymore. They once had the bang for the buck going for them and now that's gone. Every performance car has eclipsed the Terminator. You only buy a Terminator now, because you really love them.

What kills it for me, is everything that needs upgraded to make 550+ hp. Look at a well modded Terminator, the mods list is very very extensive.

The only reason to buy a Terminator is because you have to have a Terminator. Performance is no longer a viable selling factor.

I LOVE terminators, but there are just so many cool cars to own right now.

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
It's hard to justify the premium for a Terminator anymore. They once had the bang for the buck going for them and now that's gone. Every performance car has eclipsed the Terminator. You only buy a Terminator now, because you really love them.

What kills it for me, is everything that needs upgraded to make 550+ hp. Look at a well modded Terminator, the mods list is very very extensive.

The only reason to buy a Terminator is because you have to have a Terminator. Performance is no longer a viable selling factor.

Like the hellcat ? Or ...

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm in the market for a clean fox coupe. Crazy, my max budget is 15k and that might include shipping it, ect.

For that price I question buying another terminator. But I've always had a sweet spot for foxbody mustangs and regret selling my 92....

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

Gotta disagree.

To build a Terminator clone you'll be $20k into a GT or Mach 1.

Coyotes sound like ass compared to a 4V.

Early GT500's are ugly and when new the extra 100hp was lost to the extra weight.

Cobra has built a massive cult following based on being the first boosted American Muscle that put the hurt on the street racing scene. Hell, a slightly modded Cobra is still going to ruin a brand New stock Coyote owners day and look and sound way cooler doing it.

People thought the Supra platued 10 years ago at $40k, now we're seeing 6-figure MKIVs.

A few other key points.

Last of the small mustangs.
Last of the Fox Chasis
First IRS Cobra ('99)
First Blower Cobra (modern)
First Forged Short Block (exclud. Pistons)
First Social Media Darling
Last SVT
Free of cheesy "Shelbyyyy" gimicking.

Then we have the whole legacy of how this car beat the bean counters and loaded up a 24 year old chasis with the best of the best in 2003 to take a giant crap on Chevy and the 2003 Camar.....ohhhh

The other enjoyment is similar to why people love the Air cooled Porsche 911. The sketchy suspension makes it thrilling to drive. The engine isn't as modern as a Coyote but it just sounds so much better. The shifter, steering wheel and seating position are all awkward and give the car a very unique feel. If you been in an old 911, it's a very similar "so cramped but can't reach anything feeling".

The S550 is also a touring sports car in proportion, capabiltuy, feeling and handling. It doesn't have that sloppy raw shit yourself muscle car feel that a Terminator has.

So if anything, the fact that you can build a good replica for $20k is actually what is keeping prices down. If we didn't have GT and V6 New Edges, prices would be a lot higher.

You better get ready for when the early GT500's being priced lower then the Terminator is the norm. Already having overlap.
FA7EAC72-D144-4E9C-BF61-A70F6DFD29BB.JPG

Last edited:

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
For that price . I do get another coupe terminator . I have many Fox body in my life and most of them start develope rust some where . Also single stage paints .... I love to buy another foxbody coupe but not 15k . Ac and heat work 500whp+ . Take a lot more moneys for a foxbody to reach that . I can’t down grade

I'm in the market for a clean fox coupe. Crazy, my max budget is 15k and that might include shipping it, ect.

For that price I question buying another terminator. But I've always had a sweet spot for foxbody mustangs and regret selling my 92....

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
For that price . I do get another coupe terminator . I have many Fox body in my life and most of them start develope rust some where . Also single stage paints .... I love to buy another foxbody coupe but not 15k . Ac and heat work 500whp+ . Take a lot more moneys for a foxbody to reach that . I can’t down grade
I'm not really looking for a modded super fast fox. I just want the "looks". My 92 engine was stock. But super clean with 39k miles when I sold it in 09.

Sorry not trying to hijack thread.
DSC01420-1.jpg

DSC01232.jpg

DSC01211.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread