"Terminator" Style Carbon Fiber Wing - Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith89

Established Member
got my spoiler today. It looks awesome! I didn't realize the gasket(tape) was included. Also, a lot of hardware. I didn't realize how much hardware would be included. I'm not even sure what some of it is for yet lol. There are some nice allen bolts with washers, some normal button head machine bolts and some plastic strips. Not sure what the plastic strips are for.

I hope you all like foam peanuts lol. This thing was well packed. Great job organizing this for us, Rob!

Last edited:

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Really glad it made it way to you safely and that you like it :banana:

I think I packed extra basic bolts which arent needed for yours since I threw in the billet hardware which replaces the basic bolts n washers etc.

There is a write up in progress but for now I'll just post here.

The white zip tie plastic things are actually hole locating templates for those that do not have a terminator trunk lid. In order to drill the holes on the top of the lid you place the 5 template locator stubs in the wing's nut holes with the ends of the templates sticking towards the back window. Then place the wing on the trunk lid where you want it to be mounted. Tape off the protruding ends of the templates to the trunk lid top. Carefully lift the wing off (maybe have a friend hold them to be sure they stick) and the templates should stay on the trunk lid indicating where you are to drill your holes. If you have a terminator trunk lid then the drilling and templates are not needed.

I located (took forever lol) and provided the hardware that I knew would be a problem locating for most that didnt have a terminator trunk lid as it would help make for easy installs and thus better for sales ;)

I'm getting a big roll of the 3M tape but for now I got the same smaller rolls from the store. The 3M site has alot of technical documentation on all their forumlas and what they are good to use on etc.

If you have any questions please post up here in the thread so it may help others when they start installing theirs

Last edited:

keith89

Established Member
Really glad it made it way to you safely and that you like it :banana:

I think I packed extra basic bolts which arent needed for yours since I threw in the billet hardware which replaces the basic bolts n washers etc.

There is a write up in progress but for now I'll just post here.

The white zip tie plastic things are actually hole locating templates for those that do not have a terminator trunk lid. In order to drill the holes on the top of the lid you place the 5 template locator stubs in the wing's nut holes with the ends of the templates sticking towards the back window. Then place the wing on the trunk lid where you want it to be mounted. Tape off the protruding ends of the templates to the trunk lid top. Carefully lift the wing off (maybe have a friend hold them to be sure they stick) and the templates should stay on the trunk lid indicating where you are to drill your holes. If you have a terminator trunk lid then the drilling and templates are not needed.

I located (took forever lol) and provided the hardware that I knew would be a problem locating for most that didnt have a terminator trunk lid as it would help make for easy installs and thus better for sales ;)

I'm getting a big roll of the 3M tape but for now I got the same smaller rolls from the store. The 3M site has alot of technical documentation on all their forumlas and what they are good to use on etc.

If you have any questions please post up here in the thread so it may help others when they start installing theirs

Ok great thanks. The billet hardware and tape were a pleasant surprise :beer:

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Well you guys were all great and patient so I wanted to add something extra as a way to say Thanks.
Did you find EVERYTHING in all that packing lol?

Oh and post up some pics when you get a chance.

keith89

Established Member
Well you guys were all great and patient so I wanted to add something extra as a way to say Thanks.
Did you find EVERYTHING in all that packing lol?

Oh and post up some pics when you get a chance.

I think I found everything lol Love the shirt. got the SEMA booklet, tape, and hardware. Also the Carbon Driven decal Gotta find a place to put that baby. I will post some pics but I won't be installing it until this spring as my car is going into winter storage this winter. I will be plasti dipping the wing in a matte clear to give it a matte carbon fiber look and protect the clear gelcoat.

Can't wait to see what you come up with next! Maybe functional side scoops?

Last edited:

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Yup thats all of it. Glad you like it :)

That sounds like it will look great! Hows the plastidip removed as if you ever need to recoat it you will want something that wont damage or not come off.

Oh I have been soooo busy lol. I'm not an authorized vendor on the forums... yet, so I will have to wait a bit longer to say anything more right now.

keith89

Established Member
Yup thats all of it. Glad you like it :)

That sounds like it will look great! Hows the plastidip removed as if you ever need to recoat it you will want something that wont damage or not come off.

Oh I have been soooo busy lol. I'm not an authorized vendor on the forums... yet, so I will have to wait a bit longer to say anything more right now.

Yeah i'm going with the plastidip since its easily removed. It peels off like a rubber coating if you do at least 3-4 layers and will not damage the original finish.

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Ok cool. I asked because I heard someone say they did their rims and after wanted to take it off but they couldnt get it all off. But I guess even if you did have an issue it could always be lightly sanded and reclear coated. Just be sure if its ever recleared its an automtoive clear with UV protection.

keith89

Established Member
Ok cool. I asked because I heard someone say they did their rims and after wanted to take it off but they couldnt get it all off. But I guess even if you did have an issue it could always be lightly sanded and reclear coated. Just be sure if its ever recleared its an automtoive clear with UV protection.

People often have problems removing plastidip because they did not spray enough layers, so it comes off in small pieces. If they have problems getting it off, claybar will due the trick.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Hey man, sorry I've been non existent on here lately. My mustang love has been over shadowed by my love of motorcycles! And work has been slaving me away...do you think I could PP you the money and have it shipped to 93455?

Carbon Driven

Established Member
I know things get hectic this time of year, no worries. ;)

Sure bro I can ship it anywhere you want. I'm waiting on my custom box order for the wings as they were to be ready Friday but I think they closed for the holiday early. I only got 3 samples which I used to ship the others out so far. Hopefully will have boxes by mid to end of this upcoming week.

To that zip code looks like 1-2 business shipping. I will PM you the shipping quote and Thanks :beer:

Carbon Driven

Established Member
I just got confirmation that my custom box order is ready. I will be getting them on Wednesday along with a massive bag of anti static shipping peanuts.

I have plenty of these wings in stock now available for immediate shipment starting this Wednesday! :banana:

LGHTEMUP

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
well guys took 3hrs today to modify and get the wing on the car and i can tell you it looks BAD ASS...love this thing..here are a few pics..
partsandnewcobrapics021_zpsbf920797.jpg

partsandnewcobrapics017_zpsf5d407ac.jpg

partsandnewcobrapics019_zps22e11f08.jpg

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Looks awesome and Im really glad you love it! Thanks for posting up pics!

Catn wait to get the others installed pictures as Im really curious to see :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread