Terminator Floor Mats

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
+1 Educate me

I thought all 03's had black door locks and overhead nets (coupe only).

Concerning the center vents the early cars had a adjustable center vent in the dash and during the run the knob was eliminated on the 2 center vents on 03's.

My 10th didnt have a net in it I was the first one to touch the car off the truck before the PDI

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
+1 Educate me

Concerning the center vents the early cars had a adjustable center vent in the dash and during the run the knob was eliminated on the 2 center vents on 03's.

My 10th didnt have a net in it I was the first one to touch the car off the truck before the PDI

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member

Hmmm. Wonder why.

Now when I get home I have to run out to the car and check.

black 10th vert

Established Member
To clarify the "adjustable center vent", thing for those that don't know what that is... It is an additional lever on each side of the center vents, that can control the flow of air, or shut it off completely. My 10th is a late production, and came without those levers, however, I bought a replacement one done in CF that has them, so now my car has them.;-) Not really sure why they eliminated them, as they seem like a really nice feature to have.:shrug: My car came with the 10th anniversary front mats, and matching color little ones for the rear. The rears don't have the 10th badge on them though. I also have the black lock cylinder, and it had a black antenna too, which I promptly changed to a black shorty.;-)

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
To answer your question, the Cobras came with front and rear floormats, just like any other Mustang of the time. Plain Jane's.

Not necessarily true. Maybe some did, but many/most did not. I have the build details list from Ford on mine, and the first bullet point is "Front floor mats".

If you wanted the rear set, it was an easy buy at the dealer. Otherwise, ACC is the answer and hopefully we won't have to go on about it for weeks;-)

Edit: Here is/was the part number for the rear set already: XR3Z-6313106-EAC. Forgot to add it...

Got mine from these guys (USA Supersale) since the dealer no longer carries them:

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/USASUPERSALE/Floor Mats/Floor Mat Page/

And here they are on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-Mustang-OEM-Floor-Mats-Rear-Back-94-95-96-97-03-/380322235614

Last edited:

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
+1 Educate me

To clarify the "adjustable center vent", thing for those that don't know what that is... It is an additional lever on each side of the center vents, that can control the flow of air, or shut it off completely. My 10th is a late production, and came without those levers, however, I bought a replacement one done in CF that has them, so now my car has them.;-) Not really sure why they eliminated them, as they seem like a really nice feature to have.:shrug: My car came with the 10th anniversary front mats, and matching color little ones for the rear. The rears don't have the 10th badge on them though. I also have the black lock cylinder, and it had a black antenna too, which I promptly changed to a black shorty.;-)

Yours came with a black antenna hmm mine was silver. Do you know what your build date was? Did you ordered yours or was it on the lot when you bought yours.

Sweet '96 Cobra

Beat 'em with a stick!
Established Member

The reason your 10th didn't have the overhead net is because its a 'vert :D

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
Oh and 4 spark plug threads! LOL I just had to!:-D
funny how so many people have spit plugs - 4 threads here and never a problem.. knock on wood

Mine came with the cargo net, black antenna, black door lock cylinder (drivers door only), non-adjustable vent grill but no floor mats?

It was built Sept 16 2002.

Sounds like I got a mid-transition gyp :shrug:

-Brian
mine was built Sept 10 '02 :beer: and all the same minus this trunk net thing everyone's talking about; I never knew that even existed until this thread.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yours came with a black antenna hmm mine was silver. Do you know what your build date was? Did you ordered yours or was it on the lot when you bought yours.

Early '03s got the black antenna. Then Ford switched to the silver. I had the silver (01/03 build) version and painted it black (also shortened it).

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Early '03s got the black antenna. Then Ford switched to the silver. I had the silver (01/03 build) version and painted it black (also shortened it).

Hey Bob
Yea I know they swapped to silver mid production. Thats why I thought it was weird Cobra10th's car came with a black one. All 10ths were the end run. I suppose the antenna could have been missing and the dealer ordered the black one time of PDI

03 COBRA SB

Rocky Mtn. SVT Cobra
Established Member
Ordered mine in May 2002, built August 2003, Delivered August 23, 2002. This was an early 2nd run. Mine came with all 4 mats, black lock covers, adj. vents, SS antenna, no cargo net and it had the header net. Had to order the cargo net. They used them in several different models. Also the valve covers bolts, had the brass color. I like the 2004's silver look.

Last edited:

nooner

Established Member
Ordered mine in May 2002, built August 2003, Delivered August 23, 2002. This was an early 2nd run. Mine came with all 4 mats, black lock covers, adj. vents, SS antenna, no cargo net and it had the header net. Had to order the cargo net. They used them in several different models. Also the valve covers had the brass color. I like the 2004's silver look.

Brass colored valve covers? Really? I've never seen that. Can you post a pic of your engine bay?

black 10th vert

Established Member

Mine was number 1862 out of 2003 anniversary Cobras produced. The build date was 7/28/2003. No, I didn't buy it new, but it was completely stock with the exception of a K+N FIPK2, and Bassani catback with 12k miles.

nooner

Established Member
Since we are on the subject, does anybody know if wheel locks were standard on all mustang models? If so were they made by McGard?

Wheel locks did not come with my '02 Premium GT Convertible nor my '98 GT with the upgraded 17" rims. Those are the only 2 Mustangs I bought brand new (not counting my '78 King Cobra). Why, were wheel locks standard on the Terminators?

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Mine was number 1862 out of 2003 anniversary Cobras produced. The build date was 7/28/2003. No, I didn't buy it new, but it was completely stock with the exception of a K+N FIPK2, and Bassani catback with 12k miles.

And the Black antenna:)

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Wheel locks did not come with my '02 Premium GT Convertible nor my '98 GT with the upgraded 17" rims. Those are the only 2 Mustangs I bought brand new (not counting my '78 King Cobra). Why, were wheel locks standard on the Terminators?

Yes the were standard on 03 and 04's

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
My 10th had a black antenna too. (it's gone now.) All 10ths are late production 2003s -- all were made at the end of the 2003 production run.

Perhaps Ford "saved" black antennas for the 10th Anniversary run?

Users who are viewing this thread