Terminated Bullitt

Jmccormick

TERMN8D
Established Member
I did not, actually came from a salvaged burnt Mach 1 that I purchased from an insurance company. I was unaware that it was a nearly brand new stroker until I pulled the engine and noticed it having arp hardware and an iron block. Opened it up and everything was basically brand new.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Few updates and pictures to share.

I swapped in the standard offset control arms and adjusted the ride height for the 15th time lol.

At the same time, I changed the alternator because it started to give me issues. I was about to go on a 1000 mile Northern Michigan Fall color tour.

0DC87792-33E6-4E1F-A43C-855D4969B61F_zps4bstz1zt.jpg

Here are a few pics from that road trip.
IMG_2395_zpsnzfsu8jm.jpg
IMG_2522_zps2ebvsld9.jpg

IMG_2346_zpsfynisjzc.jpg

IMG_2352_zpsc6ttzdy0.jpg

A47A1DDC-B737-4C90-8259-F25956C9BDD3_zpssranmdzs.jpg

Were all these in Grand Rapids? Some of them look familiar, I went to GVSU.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Before I get into anything, I want to say that you sir have the New Edge of my dreams and I mean that literally. I had an 01 Cobra that I dreamt of putting together almost exactly like this and every time I woke up with
latest

I can't think of a better New Edge that I have ever actually seen with my eyes and not how I pieced things together in my mind. I think you have left just the right amount of Bullitt to keep her grounded in her roots. Tell the purists to kiss that thing's beautiful ass, and then eat your dust when you blow them away with the Mod motor. I hope you get to enjoy her forever. I say forever because I know if I built this car to dream status, there's no way it would leave my family, and it would be a stipulation it must continue down family tree. I hope you enjoy her for as long as you deem fit. If you do decide to get rid of, I'm taking a number.

I apologize if stuff I talk about has been covered. If I'm just listing the parts I guess it's more so to clarify/compliment the selection and keep some notes for myself about the overall perfection of your car.

01 Cobra front bumper + chin spoiler, 03/4 mirrors
I saw in your original plans you said 03/4 sideskirts because no mudflap. What happened to that?
The rear window covers I like compared to the standard Mustang ones. From what I gather there are 3 "factory" options, Standard, Saleen (standard + the little black insert), and the ones you have. I think they're specific to the Bullitts and Mach 1s, is this correct?
I always wanted the 03/4 side scoops compared to the ridiculous 01s
images

but the Bullitt ones (or lack there of) are really growing on me, especially with the line of the rear window panel. Anyone have pictures of combo of 03/4 side scoops and mach 1/bullitt rear window covers?

I saw you write you wanted a Mach shaker hood but I think you did right with the R. I think the shaker takes away from that OoooOO factor when you pop the hood. I do remember seeing a Mach 1 hood with the hole filled in somewhere and it looked pretty cool in pictures, but I've never seen A) it in person and B) a side view picture either. The R hood scoop goes so well with the line of the front quarter, it looks like it was meant to be. Here's the Mach 1 hood filled in
GT.jpg

The car in my dreams was shaved: all the badges, door handles, radio antennae, even the side scoops were shaved to integrate them into the car to make it all flow like one piece.

One thing I never could make a decision on was a rear spoiler. I didn't like the Terminator because it was too square; it looked like someone left a piece of packing styrofoam on the rear decklid, like the styrofoam that houses a tv inside it's box. I went through a s281 spoiler phase but I think that look is dependent on the rest of the body having Slaeen parts. The R, steeda, and roush spoilers were all great ideas but they were too extreme for my tastes. This lead me to believe that out of what was available to purchase, wingless was the way to go and I commend you for that decision. I think I would like to have a subtle duckbill style spoiler but, I don't mean the duckbill of the late 60s mustangs; they were very steep and vertical, which wouldn't flow with the horizontally stretched lines of the car. Essentially I wanted an integrated, more subtle S281 spoiler. I had thought about taking the original 2001 cobra spoiler (so that's just a new edge mustang GT spoiler I think) and shaving the support posts off from the actual spoiler and then mold that in to the rear decklid and top of the rear quarter panels. Has anyone ever seen anything like this?

From engine to tranny to IRS, well played on all accounts. :rockon:

From this picture it looks like a stock shifter left in 3rd. I've got to be mistaken right? There's no way a stock shifter is still on this car. MGW orange handle ftw.
Very good decision to put the cobra dash in. I'm not sure about the terminators, what were the 3 buttons on the bottom of the dash? In mine I think it was defrost, trac control, and fog lights. I turned trac ctl off in the tune and used that button for the nitrous system. I hard wired the fog lights and a passport x50 so whenever the key was in, they were both on. I wired the third button to be the mute for the passport.

How are the seats holding up? I loved the cobra suede inserts but now having leather recaros in my 14 focus st, it's hard to picture myself not wanting these sort of seats.

The suspension parts list is perfect and the stance is sexual. I'd personally have different wheels on mine, but with her being a Bullitt and the color, good choice.

Thank you for building such a beautiful specimen. Thanks for taking the time to do this thread and to read my long winded reply.

Is there a reason you quoted all of this?

Judging from the way you built your car and the above comment, I would say that we think along the same lines. Cheers and enjoy her :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jmccormick

TERMN8D
Established Member
Lol I don't even know where to begin on a reply other than thanks.

I decided against the cobra skirts after thinking long and hard about it. I wanted to keep the Bullitt look and those are Bullitt specific.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Amazing build - been following it for a while. Question, did you forget about the brakes? I almost expected to see Baer's or something else by now lol.

Jmccormick

TERMN8D
Established Member
Thanks man,

At this moment I would rather spend that kind of money on a return fuel system or bigger whipple.

Jmccormick

TERMN8D
Established Member
Inventoried all of my hardware for the IRS. Decided putting ugly ass hardware one newly powder coated parts was totally unacceptable.

BAE7E53B-245C-4825-A72F-3F4AF7EEC3FD_zpsillcwwd3.jpg

Figured out all of the sizes and ordered stainless socket head hardware to match what I have going on in the engine bay. A few of the larger bolts for the lower control arms were only available in black oxide. Today I stopped at fastenall and they ordered the correct stainless 16mm bolts so I will have all of that next week.

5B30ED62-7423-4C1A-96FA-C26C9F17F09A_zpsmla77fx3.jpg

starnsey

Established Member
Inventoried all of my hardware for the IRS. Decided putting ugly ass hardware one newly powder coated parts was totally unacceptable.

BAE7E53B-245C-4825-A72F-3F4AF7EEC3FD_zpsillcwwd3.jpg

Figured out all of the sizes and ordered stainless socket head hardware to match what I have going on in the engine bay. A few of the larger bolts for the lower control arms were only available in black oxide. Today I stopped at fastenall and they ordered the correct stainless 16mm bolts so I will have all of that next week.

5B30ED62-7423-4C1A-96FA-C26C9F17F09A_zpsmla77fx3.jpg

What are you doing about the cam bolt?

Users who are viewing this thread