Termi Prices going to drop?

kyStang1889

Ford Tech
Established Member
In the shelby forum right now there talking about the shelby being built till 2009 and that units will be high number.

Do you guys think this will effect Termi Prices, i'm hoping that they will drop so i can finally afford one. What do you guys think?

2 SLOW

Keepin' it real
Established Member
In the shelby forum right now there talking about the shelby being built till 2009 and that units will be high number.

Do you guys think this will effect Termi Prices, i'm hoping that they will drop so i can finally afford one. What do you guys think?

I hope they don't drop, like the Supra :beer:

Common

Established Member

Highly doubt it, even if so, it will drop to low 20s(the good ones) and stay there for another 2-3 years atleast.

wheelhopper

Established Member
The Terminators have a great following and high demand. That is what keep prices high. If you want an affordable performance car get a GTO. Nobody wants those so they practically give them away.

kyStang1889

Ford Tech
Established Member
The Terminators have a great following and high demand. That is what keep prices high. If you want an affordable performance car get a GTO. Nobody wants those so they practically give them away
Yea right now but when the Shelby's get more affordable and you can get one used for a decent price i bet alot of ppl will be trading off those termi's for the latest and greatest

I hope they don't drop, like the Supra

The supra's price stays high because toyota doesn't make anything comparable in a new car like the shelby

ralphcobra

Established Member
I personally thought that price was too low for these cars anyway if you compare them to some other performance mustangs, just my two cents worth.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It will fluctuate like the stock market. When the Terminators become more affordable people that could not afford them before will ruch out and buy them up. Then the demand vs supply will teeter towards high demand and low supply. Then the price will start to come back up again. This will continue as a vicious cycle until they are one day looked on as a collector car (especially the 04's). The 2004's were a very low production model when compared to the 03's, and that was the last year of the New Edge 4.6 Supercharged Cobra. Also, you have to look at the 93 cobra. The price on it has began to climb over the last few years, and finding one in mint condition that is for sale is even harder to find.

-Jeff

beabout

Established Member

Yes to the price drop question. Although the 03/04 cobra has held its value well, I see it coming down in the next year. These cars (cobra) have issues when you push the limits of either horsepower or handling as does the GT500. Maybe in the far out years these cars will increase in value, who knows.

GodStang

Established Member
According to the local NADA Collectors Car price guide the 03-04 Cobras are now Collectors items which means their value is done declining and is now increasing. This does not mean the market will do the same.

Another thing to look at is the 99-01 Cobras still go for $12K-$17K pretty commonly. The 03-04 are levels above the 99-01 I know I have owned both. This being said I think there are still many years to come before the Terminator will be under $20K as a common place. The Terminator and the GT500 are two totally different cars. The only thing the same is they both are mustangs.

Tractionless1

Established Member
i bet alot of ppl will be trading off those termi's for the latest and greatest

Latest and greatest to whom? They are bulky and ugly as sin unless you spend $4k + paint on a body kit. And have very boring sedan like grocery getting interiors. Sure the power potential is greater but power isn't always the #1 priority to everyone. I am sure there are plenty of Terminator owners who can afford a Shelby but chose to stay with the SVT car based on its aesthetics. I am one of them.

Not to mention the Terminator is the last SVT Cobra.........for now. And anything with Shelby's name on it is overpriced, can you say Harley Davidson?!!? Example the drag pack Shelby 'stang being sold at the Brandon Ford Dealer is $84k!!! Yea let me run right out and buy one!!! :bs:

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Just like someone mentioned above, it's still to early to tell. I don't believe you will be able to make any kind of definite decision until the "used" or "pre-owned" market develops for the GT500 much like it has for the terminator.

Once that happens I think you'll find the Terminator market mature's and plateau's stabilizes. It's only been three years since production was haulted.

for the immediate future, to many owners know what they have and know what the car is capable of...I don't see a drop happening.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
The people who buy them 3rd hand and cant afford to own them, will drive them into the ground and/or defer maintenance until they're no longer economical to fix, so the pool of available cars will continue to shrink, thus buoying prices... :pepper:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
According to the local NADA Collectors Car price guide the 03-04 Cobras are now Collectors items which means their value is done declining and is now increasing.

say what? these cars are collectors items after 4 years? can you elaborate at all :shrug:

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
the price will drop, that is just life. Some day the shelby's will drop too. Wish it wouldn't happen but it will.

GodStang

Established Member
say what? these cars are collectors items after 4 years? can you elaborate at all :shrug:

I do not understand either but at our local bank you can pick up a yellow NADA book and in the collectors car edition one they had 03-04 Cobra listed which we thought was kinda strange. So not sure if it is for this area only or nation wide.

2003 Silver

Banned
The GT500 will be the one dropping...Termi's have a two yr. run and GT500 will be looking at 4 yrs. or more...I've heard 2010/11 for the GT500.

GodStang

Established Member
The GT500 will be the one dropping...Termi's have a two yr. run and GT500 will be looking at 4 yrs. or more...I've heard 2010/11 for the GT500.

That is true. The sad thing is I have a friend that bought 2 GT500. He said "They told me this is the only year they will make this car." Pisses me off that dealers take advanteage of people by lieing but that is what they do.

vr4

Established Member
supra prices have dropped.

i dont know about nation wide but theres a lightly modded very clean 94 here for 19k.

Users who are viewing this thread