Termi Prices going to drop?

2 SLOW

Keepin' it real
Established Member
supra prices have dropped.

i dont know about nation wide but theres a lightly modded very clean 94 here for 19k.

scam, previously totaled,170,000 miles, or it doesn't have an engine and tranny :rolling:

send me a link if it's legit, I'll go buy it right now :-D

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
That is true. The sad thing is I have a friend that bought 2 GT500. He said "They told me this is the only year they will make this car." Pisses me off that dealers take advanteage of people by lieing but that is what they do.

It is a buyer beware market. You should always do your own research for any and all products before buying. It was known from the very beginning that they would be produced at a minimum of 2 years and at least 7-9K built per year. Now it looks like it could be 4 years with about 9-11K per year. Put that up against the total amount of 03/04 cobras and you will see which one is more rare.

03/04 cobra breakdown:

2003 models (coupe/Vert) :Total: 13,476

2004 models (coupe/Vert) : Total: 5,664

Grand Total: 19,140

-Jeff

MikeW

Established Member
To me the GT500 will not have much to do with the prices of the 03/04's. My personal thought being that many of the people that are in the market for a GT500 are in the market for the Shelby name alone. They want to purchase an instant collectable.... which is just not the case.

I have decided to keep my 03 and not get a GT500..... Not even if they build them till 2010. A year or two ago I would have considered the GT500 if they could have been had for sticker, or close to it. I rather keep my 03, which I like the body style of better and upgrade when and where it needs it (aka motor/trans). Another reason for me not "getting the latest and greatest" would be that I do not like the looks of the GT500 convertibles as much as I do the 03/04 convertible cobras.

A few will say that I will not be getting one just because I cant afford a GT500 or whatever but that is just not the case. I would have even paid 5k over up until a few months ago. I have yet to have the felling of "I HAVE GOT TO HAVE A SHELBY" as I had when I ordered my 03 back in June of 2002.

I will say that before I buy a Shelby I would rather find a 03/04 coupe to tinker with than pay over or at sticker for a new Shelby. On the other hand, I would rather snatch up a used 05+ Z06 for that matter. Regardless the 03 is staying put and I think many other 03/04 owners will hold on to their cobras as well.

SVT04

Established Member
Termis don't exist so it's hard to know if prices will drop on them.....no one ever buys one ....mythical things that they are supposed to be....

2003 Silver

Banned
To me the 03-04's are more collectible due to them being a limited run unit in the sense that SVT put this car together in a very short period of time to have a product that will cover the time gap until the new generation Stangs would come out.

First Mustang with a blower from the factory....they "shoe horned" in an IRS designed for the Explorer (I believe). It just has too many intangibles and little secrets that collectors seem to flock towards. The GT500 is a borderline production vehicle now and will be considered one in a year or two...nothing romantic about that IMO. Not saying I wouldn't buy one....

CobraChris08

Why you pushing me?
Established Member
They will not drop. People that think they are going to get one in the high teens range are insane. Look at all of the WS6's out there still grabbing 20+. And those cars are a little but older.

vr4

Established Member

mixxer

Established Member
they should stay in the mid 25 k 's for a while, there is not another car out there that has 450-500 + hp to the wheels and has low build # for even close to that price.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Another thing I don't think has been brought up. Recognition. How many other cars besides a 'Vette do you hear, OMG it's a Cobra. I just Love Cobras. Can I go for a ride? HOW fast is it? They look so good. They look so mean. I knew what your car was the minute I saw you coming down the road towards me (or up from behind me.)

At the car show last weekend guess what I heard from people. Are you going to put your Cobra on the dyno. Thats the only reason I came. I want to see if it really has that much horsepower. Then it was WOW 396 hp. I just knew it had a lot. Here I wanted to see how many the SRT-10 pickup truck had in it but everybody else wanted to see mine. There was probably no less than 30 - 40 people standing around (actually probably a lot more) watching me dyno the car that just wanted to see it dyno'd. I had a guy come up to me after the show that said he came over just to see the car and that it was the best looking car hands down of any there.

People know what the cars are and many who have the money will pay for that enjoyment, notoriety, fun and most of all again, recognition.

They may come down in price but I do not think they will drop to far. JMHO. To much BANG for the BUCK!

Last edited:

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
It will fluctuate like the stock market. When the Terminators become more affordable people that could not afford them before will ruch out and buy them up. Then the demand vs supply will teeter towards high demand and low supply. Then the price will start to come back up again. This will continue as a vicious cycle until they are one day looked on as a collector car (especially the 04's). The 2004's were a very low production model when compared to the 03's, and that was the last year of the New Edge 4.6 Supercharged Cobra. Also, you have to look at the 93 cobra. The price on it has began to climb over the last few years, and finding one in mint condition that is for sale is even harder to find.

-Jeff
It's also a lot harder to sell thses in the winter months. :idea:
If I had a crystal ball I'd say the prices will stabilize, then start going up.
Kudos to the very few who didn't get the mod bug.
Jeff

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
I retired mine to storage from daily driver at 18,500...:banana: It's under a cover now staying clean as hell and I can keep the value high... the color and the car will always bring money.:rockon: even in a down market

vr4

Established Member
I retired mine to storage from daily driver at 18,500...:banana: It's under a cover now staying clean as hell and I can keep the value high... the color and the car will always bring money.:rockon: even in a down market

got me there.

bought mine at 9k and its sitting unused now at 16k.

granted mine is not exactly rare as yours.

redline

Established Member
i played it safe and own both . but i could care less about if they go up or down. i never will sale either. both cars are different in there on way.the muscle car lives.:coolman:

kyStang1889

Ford Tech
Established Member
The people who buy them 3rd hand and cant afford to own them, will drive them into the ground and/or defer maintenance until they're no longer economical to fix, so the pool of available cars will continue to shrink, thus buoying prices...

Thats the dumbest thing i've ever hurd, i could buy one now but i couldn't afford to put gas in it, when the prices drop and i think they will, i'll be able to afford it including taking care of it...

I think some of you guys are living in dream land. I know alot of terminator guys perfer it over the shelby but believe it or not most cobra owners aren't on this board or any other.

kyStang1889

Ford Tech
Established Member
They will not drop. People that think they are going to get one in the high teens range are insane. Look at all of the WS6's out there still grabbing 20+. And those cars are a little but older.

You do understand they don't make Transams any more right?

Alot of you guys are forgetting that they shelby is making great power, granted it is heavier but there are KB shelby's making 800whp

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread