Termi Gets a Whipple. Check out the video!

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I just put a Whipple 2.3 along with the usual supporting mods on my Terminator and with the help of some of my car club buddies took it to my favorite tuner for some tuning and a few dyno pulls. I also just put a new intake on my fox body open track/street car as well and wanted to see what she would do. We trailered both cars "they salt the roads in Michigan this time of year" and caravaned down.
My buddy Jason who has a pretty cool blown Saleen new edge shot and produced the video. We started out before the crack of dawn as you can see.
The first first scene is my shop in Michigan. We loaded the two cars on trailers the night before so what you see is us hooking them up to the trucks (F-150s of course) and heading out.
The car on the lift is my '67 Shelby in my sig. Jason opened the door to the storage area and got a shot of our other Mustangs as they patiently await go fast weather come spring time.
The tuner shop you see us in is Alternative Auto near Detroit. Lideo's yellow coupe is up on the lift. It's been in several Mustang mags over the years and of course in the famous BF Goodrich tire ad a few years back. It's currently running 9's with a big turbo and is very streetable.
Just for kicks we ran a contest in our club "Capital Area Mustangs" based in the Lansing Michigan area to see who could guess the RWHP and RWTQ that the Terminator would pull. Jason the guy behind the camera was the winner. He guessed within 3 hp of the final numbers.
I'm the guy with the gotee doing most of the yacking. I know I'm pretty scarry looking so try to overlook that!
First up was the Termi. She managed a 582 RWHP and 575 RWTQ with a stock original (slipping) clutch. Then we put "Blackie", my '89 Fox on the dyno and got a 400 and 400 pull. She's also in my sig. Shes a 392 NA car with AFR heads. I had just bolted on an Edelbrock Victor intake and a 90 mm TB to see if her last numbers could be improved on. She gained about 50 RWHP with the new combo.
All in all a very fun and successful day. I thought you guys might like to check out the video. This is where some of that Boost Overlay money goes!

Thanks, Ray H.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPPiYVMhGDs"]YouTube- Whipple Plus Dyno[/ame]

forcefedcobra

Established Member
nice stuff Ray! What clutch are you going to go with? I've had great luck with my spec 3+ 26 spline setup.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Very cool collection!...Nice video!!! Love the Cobra!! Gots to get me a Whipple!!! PS: I'm and old school Fox guy (had a mid 10 sec. 1991 GT) & your '89 is mint!!

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
Ray, nice numbers..... I live in Eaton Rapids, work in Lansing....maybe we can meet up some time when its warm out... I have a Silver 03 Termi with 2.3 whipple as well.

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hey guys. Just answering a few questions you had. Sorry trqjnky, my dyno sheets are out in the shop. Tuning was very safe/conservative however. 92 pump gas.

I'm running a 3" pulley on the Termi.

Yes that was a comp orange Mach you saw. It was pretty sweet.

I don't know what clutch i'll be running yet. I hear the spec 3 is pretty good.

The Fox body had a GT40 intake from when it was a blown 306 car. When I went with the stroked Windsor I left it on there. Big restriction on my current 392 combo. Made 350 hp at the wheels initially. Then I went with the Edelbrock Victor, 90 mm TB, AFM powerpipe and she went to 400 rwhp. This car is an 89 and was bone stock when I bought it in 1990. She's been through a lot of changes over the years.

The gas in both cars is just straight 92 octane pump gas.

I'm leaving for vacation in an hour or so. I will try keep tabs on this thread while I'm away from home as best as I can.

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Ray H.

MVD

Established Member
The Fox body had a GT40 intake from when it was a blown 306 car. When I went with the stroked Windsor I left it on there. Big restriction on my current 392 combo. Made 350 hp at the wheels initially. Then I went with the Edelbrock Victor, 90 mm TB, AFM powerpipe and she went to 400 rwhp. This car is an 89 and was bone stock when I bought it in 1990. She's been through a lot of changes over the years.

Awesome car

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread