Invoice: $59,470
Rebates: $3,000
Their Discount: $2,436

Sales Price: $53,999
Invoice less rebates: $56,470.

Ford kickback: $2,835.05
Ford Salesperson kickback: $250

Dealer's dead nuts cost on it: $53,384.95

$54k isn't a terrible deal. $50,000 isn't the best offer.
Taking a 7% loss would be shitty. I would venture to guess they'd accept a $52k offer.

My advice, lease it. You get an additional $4,500 off, and in 2 or 3 years you just turn it in and say good riddance, because at that point you'll want to anyways.

Those YouTube dealership ball busters are in it for the clicks. Not saying they're always wrong, or always right...but in the end, they're looking for the click. They don't make money saving you money at the dealership.

JB85

Established Member
Thanks Nick, truly appreciate the help and insight into the cost. I guess I just thought that they would want to move it since its been sitting on their lot so long and most likely losing money the longer it sits.

I feel bad for the sales guy. are they really only making a $250 commission on the car? how can anyone live off of that?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks Nick, truly appreciate the help and insight into the cost. I guess I just thought that they would want to move it since its been sitting on their lot so long and most likely losing money the longer it sits.

I feel bad for the sales guy. are they really only making a $250 commission on the car? how can anyone live off of that?

I mean, it probably does cost them money as far as flooring costs, etc...for each month it sits. That's not charged directly to that unit in particular though, and is looked as a cost of doing business for the entire new car or use car department.

The $250 is above and beyond what the dealer would pay the sales people.

kaz109

Established Member
I don’t understand why you would even consider buying this new…. As @Fat Boss already mentioned you can get a lightly used one for 30k…

kaz109

Established Member
It’s called a woman….they have no logical sense or reasoning. I 10000% agree with buying used
0C4B4889-7514-45C1-9783-6C1467A12845.gif

I thought it I was the only one! Literally going through that right now with mine…. Like literally right now lol

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I bought a Mach E GT new like 6 months ago once they threw the 0% for 60 months at it. I drive a crazy amount and I considered getting a Tesla but I like the Mach E interior and the 0% was good at the time. I currently have 19,108 miles since then. My utility rate at my business is .07 kWH(!) and my average including home is about .10 kWh overall so I figure with my astronomical mileage requirements I am saving probably $4,000 a year in fuel for as long as the thing lasts.

Honestly...I love it. I set that ****er on Blue Cruise as soon as I hit the interstate and just listen to podcasts and make calls for the better part of 90 minutes. Rides great, fast, quiet. Great DD.

How much do I like it? I got another Mach E GT on these new leases for my wife. It was $0 down and it's $520 a month for a MY23 car. That's honestly an incredible deal relative to the market. An Expedition was over $1100 a month. She likes it, kids like it; I never have to worry about getting in her car and having the dash say 3 miles to empty. :rolleyes:

If your use case supports it, really can't go wrong with these deals they are now offering.

FWIW - my insurance on a regular Bronco 4 door Badlands was MUCH higher than it is on the comparably priced Mach Es.

kaz109

Established Member
Looked into it after I read DBK post and wow, they really are giving these away! 0% for 72mo or almost 10k off in lease credit…. Sheesh…. Very tempting at those prices.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

How much do I like it? I got another Mach E GT on these new leases for my wife. It was $0 down and it's $520 a month for a MY23 car. That's honestly an incredible deal relative to the market. An Expedition was over $1100 a month. She likes it, kids like it; I never have to worry about getting in her car and having the dash say 3 miles to empty. :rolleyes:

If your use case supports it, really can't go wrong with these deals they are now offering.

FWIW - my insurance on a regular Bronco 4 door Badlands was MUCH higher than it is on the comparably priced Mach Es.
But you do potentially have to worry about it saying (oops!) 15 miles remaining on the batteries. "Umm, honey, did you forget to plug in your Mach-E last night?" Just sayin!

kaz109

Established Member
But you do potentially have to worry about it saying (oops!) 15 miles remaining on the batteries. "Umm, honey, did you forget to plug in your Mach-E last night?" Just sayin!
I’ve heard this so many times, and it sounds like the most irrational strawman excuse.

That same logic is like saying, we are heading on a road trip where no gas is within 100mi and you leave and say “ ooops we are now 50 mi into the trip and forgot to get gas before we left”

Whether you have a gas or an EV vehicle, if you need to charge/or fill up you aren’t just going to “ forget” . If that happens, then you don’t have the brain capacity to remember much more important things in life and that’s a bigger problem than just charging an EV

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve heard this so many times, and it sounds like the most irrational strawman excuse.

That same logic is like saying, we are heading on a road trip where no gas is within 100mi and you leave and say “ ooops we are now 50 mi into the trip and forgot to get gas before we left”

Whether you have a gas or an EV vehicle, if you need to charge/or fill up you aren’t just going to “ forget” . If that happens, then you don’t have the brain capacity to remember much more important things in life and that’s a bigger problem than just charging an EV
At least with ICE it's 3 minutes and you get 300 miles. With an EV on 110V it's 3 miles of range per hour.

kaz109

Established Member
@DBK …. Thank god I have not lol, I can count on one hand how many times I’ve driven my wife’s cars. She has going me that same lane ass logic @CobraBob mention and my reply was the same . There are many many reasons not to buy a EV but if that one is any one of them you are much dumber than most and should be driving anyway

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

It was a joke, Kaz. You're getting really butt-hurt over this thread. Simmer down son!

kaz109

Established Member
It was a joke, Kaz. You're getting really butt-hurt over this thread. Simmer down son!
I assure you bob I’m not and anything I ever say online I would say it the exact same way in person over a beer , you just can’t see facial expressions and read sarcasm to well over the interweb…… also DONT TELL ME HOW TO LIVE MY LIFE!

DA28E4B5-861C-451E-B721-8BB871161D79.gif

Users who are viewing this thread