Tasca Day 9/29

03' White Snake

Established Member
I had a blast racing yesterday. I ran RO. My second time to the track with the cobra, 1 time with it pullied, and I ran my best times. Got my vert into the 11's with an 11.851. I was very happy. My goal was 12.5. I thought the track was hooking pretty good, considering I was rolling out at 1500 rpm.
Heres the slip.
100_0394.jpg

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
03' White Snake said:
I had a blast racing yesterday. I ran RO. My second time to the track with the cobra, 1 time with it pullied, and I ran my best times. Got my vert into the 11's with an 11.851. I was very happy. My goal was 12.5. I thought the track was hooking pretty good, considering I was rolling out at 1500 rpm.
Heres the slip.
100_0394.jpg

oh that was you?!?! you trailered it right?? nice run man!!!

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
Don't have time to give the update now, however wanted to post a teaser pic of the day/event. (Ken's Cobra)

I will chime in later tonight.

Enjoy the pic and great seeing everyone. Great day!!:banana:

IMG_0621.JPG

David

88_Stanga

Established Member
SKEETER_SVT01 said:
12.8 with 119trap speed
1.9 60'

I have a lot to practice. The trap speed shows that I can do a lot better times
what kinda of rear suspension and drive shaft are you running? for your first time running at the track with the car i would be happy.

chuckstang

Established Member
Can anyone confirm that a kb gt500 with stock motor ran 9s!?
I read that on another site, and it is a local stang as well out of RI.
So props to them if true because that makes it possibly the fastest gt500 in the country if not second to Evo.

SKEETER_SVT01

Living it up
Established Member
the white gt500 was ruynning 9's. it had alot done to it though.

I know I can run better and I will. It has the stock 2 piece driveshaft. Ford racing control arms and sway bars with 4:10's.

duece1019

Established Member
i had a blast i made it to the semi's in modular motor i spun the tires and lost, oh well can't wait till next year.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
03 White snake....11.8 holy crap my congrats that's impressive, nice car and good runs. How the hell did you pull off a 1.8 60ft with 18inch wheels?!?!?. I didnt realize your trailered it in until I saw you leave. Congrats again, good times

Chuckstang, the white GT500 was running 9's, i saw it hit a 9.9 at one point. However, that car was far from stock...that was Tasca's which they had running at True street during Fun ford....

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
SKEETER_SVT01 said:
the white gt500 was ruynning 9's. it had alot done to it though.

I know I can run better and I will. It has the stock 2 piece driveshaft. Ford racing control arms and sway bars with 4:10's.

Ya before you go to crazy with launching and drag racing, I would switch to a larger one piece drive shaft

let me know what you go with, some have issues with rubbing with lowered stangs, that is with a 4inch shaft.

chuckstang

Established Member
FromGTtoSVT said:
03 White snake....11.8 holy crap my congrats that's impressive, nice car and good runs. I didnt realize your trailered it in until I saw you leave. Congrats again, good times

Chuckstang, the white GT500 was running 9's, i saw it hit a 9.9 at one point. However, that car was far from stock...that was Tasca's which they had running at True street during Fun ford....

Ya the KB has it pushing 800rwhp give or take, Im curious to see how long the stock motor lasts. Surprisingly, it is not the rods that are failing like everyone originally thought they would. To this day, no known failures!
Evo tore up the front of their motor, but the 08s got a lighter damper which supposedly will keep that from happening, but they were running 100 shot on theirs when it got tore up.

The white GT500 by the way is still a street legal car the customer drives to church as well, also had stock manifolds last time I saw it a few weeks ago!

Im dying to see if evo can pull off 8s in a street legal gt500, they have their shop car that will do that soon, but it is a race car now.

gtmustang00

Established Member
duece1019 said:
i had a blast i made it to the semi's in modular motor i spun the tires and lost, oh well can't wait till next year.

that was me you raced and won the round before (mach 1). what happened with your dial in that race? the slip said 12.3 but your window said 13.3.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
yea...i saw 2 9.9s at 143...KB 2.8 blower AND juice.....that car hsould be WAY faster at 800+rwhp. and supposedly they HIRE a driver for it? cmon....

Users who are viewing this thread