Tasca Day 9/29

duece1019

Established Member
gtmustang00 said:
that was me you raced and won the round before (mach 1). what happened with your dial in that race? the slip said 12.3 but your window said 13.3.
they screwed up my dial in, i told one of the guy's after we raced and he told me to look up before i stage next time to make sure it's right. i noticed your lights go on first, i was like what the hell's going on, i was lucky i didn't red light.

gtmustang00

Established Member
i noticed the wrong dial in before i even staged, i wasn't thinking though, at the top end i looked back and you were at half track, so i let off. there was no way that i thought this stock mach 1 was going to go 12's i should have hit the brakes! o well.

chuckstang

Established Member
BADASS03SVT said:
yea...i saw 2 9.9s at 143...KB 2.8 blower AND juice.....that car hsould be WAY faster at 800+rwhp. and supposedly they HIRE a driver for it? cmon....

From my understanding, it has a stock 6 speed
no auto
it is a street car and running quicker than that in a car that heavy will take some more mods, this is more of a street car than Evo's, keep in mind. This whit kb car has perfect street maners. From what it started as, I think it is impressive. The car is still very new, how many street legal terminators were running 9s with 6 speeds, I can't remember as it was so long ago but I would imagine not that many if any at all this early on as the car is just a year old.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
chuckstang said:
From my understanding, it has a stock 6 speed
no auto
it is a street car and running quicker than that in a car that heavy will take some more mods, this is more of a street car than Evo's, keep in mind. This whit kb car has perfect street maners. From what it started as, I think it is impressive. The car is still very new, how many street legal terminators were running 9s with 6 speeds, I can't remember as it was so long ago but I would imagine not that many if any at all this early on as the car is just a year old.

what does tranny have to do with it? my car has better street manners now than it did with the 6 speed....

its a lil easier to go faster starting off with 100hp more from the get go. guys with KB and Whipple 03's are running 9's...no juice...620-650rwhp. its just doesnt impress me imo. you can have 1500hp and still be street driveable when 75% of your power comes from boost and juice....

snakebitten13

Established Member
BADASS03SVT said:
yea...i saw 2 9.9s at 143...KB 2.8 blower AND juice.....that car hsould be WAY faster at 800+rwhp. and supposedly they HIRE a driver for it? cmon....

The orignal owner of the car is 63 years young, so i guess hiring a driver is cool, the mods in the car are a blower, a 50 shot, and a kenne bell flip chip. Based on the weight of that car i wouldnt say that is too bad of times.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
BlwnSln said:
The orignal owner of the car is 63 years young, so i guess hiring a driver is cool, the mods in the car are a blower, a 50 shot, and a kenne bell flip chip. Based on the weight of that car i wouldnt say that is too bad of times.

and there arent 60 yr olds at the track racing?? yea ok...no excuse!

cobradrivr

Heaton Slowbra *****
Established Member
chuckstang said:
Can anyone confirm that a kb gt500 with stock motor ran 9s!?
I read that on another site, and it is a local stang as well out of RI.
So props to them if true because that makes it possibly the fastest gt500 in the country if not second to Evo.

That is true.I talk to the driver of the car atleast once a week.VERY FAST STREET CAR!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
merc lover said:
No, WE(the meaning of 'we' being 'you and I') don't.

Hey merc-lover:

In 100 words or less, tell me why I might have the wrong impression about you possibly being a trouble maker!! :read:

merc lover

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Hey merc-lover:

In 100 words or less, tell me why I might have the wrong impression about you possibly being a trouble maker!! :read:

PM SENT

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
merc lover said:
Seventeen second quarter-mile runs in a supercharged '05GT with over 500WHP

IS NO JOKING MATTER!
Steve did you get 17 second time slip in the GT? Tell me it was the nitto's.....:read:

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
I got my best short time yet on Tasca Day, 1.854 60'. With the weather getting
cooler, I wonder if I can do any better?

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
Matt, I am looking into the next two Saturdays for Test & Tune runs.
My clutch is better after you adjusted it ... thank you ! Ken

Users who are viewing this thread