Talked to a guy yesterday who got a great deal on a 2003 Cobra with low miles!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I got a call from a guy (Rick) I had never talked to before who wanted my advice on buying a 2003 black on black Cobra convertible with only 14K miles on it. He wanted my advice on whether or not it was a good deal. The car was in pristine condition and only has a catback and intake. Everything Rick checked was positive. No red flags anywhere. The owner lives in Florida (in his 60s) and has other cars in his collection, including a Boss 429 Mustang. Apparently he was wanting to make space in his garage. The coolest part is that his firm price was $22,500. $22,500 for a 2003 Cobra with only 14K miles on it. That is a steal. So after chatting with Rick on the phone for about 45 minutes he decided to buy it. I think he is closing the deal this morning.

Rick has little knowledge of the Terminator except knowing it is popular. One of the questions he asked was why this particular Mustang is so popular and why it holds its value so well. I gave him the simple answer.....mystique. It's developed somewhat of a cult status due to multiple factors. So he's excited to take delivery but even more excited knowing that he got one heck of a deal on the car. He had no idea what these cars were selling for and was concerned that he was overpaying on the car. Umm, nope! You're getting one hell of a deal.

Hopefully Rick will take my advice and join SVTPerformance soon!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
That's awesome Bob. Thanks for all the advice, and knowledge you and your website provide. As well as an awesome product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's a great price. Thanks for promoting SVTP.
You're very welcome Travis. I try to promote this site as much as possible. Can't count the number of times I've recommended/exhorted Mustang/Cobra owners to join. So easy to do because SVTP is the best, plain and simple! :)

That's awesome Bob. Thanks for all the advice, and knowledge you and your website provide. As well as an awesome product.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the kind words. I'm a small fish in a big lake (LOL) but I try to help others whenever and however I can.

Hopefully Rick will get a lot of enjoyment with this Cobra. He doesn't plan on driving it daily, more like weekends. So the miles will build slowly.

dom418

Established Member
For whatever reason verts seem to not bring as high a price as coupes, but with that said, damn that is still a smoking deal!

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
That is a great price on that car with the low miles. Bob, I just bought one of your shifter gaskets from Lethal Performance. Great product.

Hybbs

Established Member
That sounds like one hell of a deal. It seems the prices of low mileage Terminators has been steadily going up over the last few years, especially on the stock/near stock ones. I bought mine a few years ago when it seemed like prices were going down. My car was mostly stock with 32k miles on it and I paid 19k for it. I hope the values on these cars continues to go up.

Users who are viewing this thread