SVTP's ac427cobra takes his Boss 302S Mustang out at Virginia International Raceway

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Bruce - you need to do some adjusting on your right side head restraint net, it isn't gonna do shit in the unfortunate event that you actually need it.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Bruce - you need to do some adjusting on your right side head restraint net, it isn't gonna do shit in the unfortunate event that you actually need it.

Tom:

Thanks for looking out for me. I will take a look at that. :-D

I'm pretty slow and slow guys usually don't crash but I appreciate the advice and keen eye! :thumbsup:

Flamethrower

Established Member
Great write up on the event Travis!

SVT Cobra Mustang Club Official Website for the guy who lives in Charlotte, NC. SCMC has members in other countries but is based out of Charlotte, NC and goes all the way to the west coast.

Sounds like everyone enjoyed their weekend with us and the great weather didn't hurt any either. We're looking forward to putting on next year's event but in the mean time, visit our website for other SCMC events.

Tony

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Great reading. Thanks Travis & Bruce. And Tony for a great event once again.
I need to get out of the Open Track Forum more often. :thumbsup:

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Bruce hopefully you'll see this. I'm just curious what RPM you take it to on the long stretch and what the redline is.

Also, in layman's terms, what's different about the 302R? Is one faster than the other? I see there is an option to seam weld the 302S.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Bruce hopefully you'll see this. I'm just curious what RPM you take it to on the long stretch and what the redline is.

Also, in layman's terms, what's different about the 302R? Is one faster than the other? I see there is an option to seam weld the 302S.

The redline is 7,600 but I normally shift around 6,700-7k unless I'm racing.

The R model has more seam welding, a fuel cell, a different transmission along with a diff and trans cooler. I think the engine might be slightly different but can't remember exactly.

The S does have some seam welding done to it in key areas but I'm pretty sure that option they have now is to bring it up to the R model standards.

Users who are viewing this thread