SVTPerformance Drives The All-New 2014 Ford Fiesta ST :: 197 HP & ~2800 lbs

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m comfortable in the minority. I believe my daily driver, a supercharged V8 SUV (more on that at a later date ), gets decent gas mileage; and I happen to think that the 6.0L Powerstroke isn’t nearly as bad as most make it out to be. Both of those are decidedly minority opinions. However, one thing that firmly plants me in the minority view is my opinion of Detroit; I really like the area. Sure, parts of it resemble a post-apocalyptic hell-scape, but that’s just part of the charm. Unlike most, when I see Detroit I see young entrepreneurs building new lives/communities and successful business on the ashes of what was once the greatest manufacturing city in the world. As a great man once said; “You can’t make an omelet without breaking some eggs.”

I can’t think of a more appropriate analogy for the 2014 Ford Fiesta ST than the resurgence in certain areas of Detroit. Much like The Motor City, the compact car market was once a thriving arena occupied by many of the greatest products in the business. However, years of cheap gas and slipping quality took its toll on the compact car field, leaving it essential a wasteland of boring econo-boxes. That’s where the EcoBoost powered Fiesta ST rolls onto the scene in all its neon-hued glory. The Fiesta ST is the absolute opposite of everything that’s wrong with today’s 98% tepid B car line-up. It’s decently powered yet low in weight; with razor sharp handling, sporty styling, above average fuel economy, premium equipment, and a thoroughly reasonable price. The basic specs of the Fiesta ST break down as follows:

• 197 HP @ 6,000 rpm
  • 202 lb.-ft @ 4,200 rpm
  • 0-60 mph - 6.9 secs
  • Max speed - 137 mph
  • 26 mpg city / 35 mpg highway
  • Base Price: $22,195 (incl D&D)

My day with the ST started on an early Monday morning in Ann Arbor, MI. We met at Weber’s Inn, a local landmark and starting point for many Ford press-drives. Upon seeing all of the neon metallic pocket-rockets arranged in two rows I was a bit surprised by the amount of sportiness that survived the transition from concept car to actual production. The stance is basically perfect, no 4x4 fender gap to be found anywhere. Not only that; but the Molten Orange tri-coat metallic paint, originally a color exclusive to the SVT Raptor, also found its way into production. I’ve long been a fan of that color, and I think it’s a shame that it was never offered on a GT500. Unique paint options for the ST include: Race Red, Molten Orange and Spirit Blue. It seems like so long ago that the brightly colored Dodge Neon SRT-4s were given the entirely appropriate nickname “Skittles.” Based on the pallet of day-glow metallic paints available on the Fiesta ST it wouldn’t seem too out of place to call it a Nuclear Skittle.

Beyond the paint and stance, I was really surprised how similar in size the Fiesta ST is to the old SVT Focus. For those who are not aware, the current generation Ford Focus is a much larger car than the previous generation. I wouldn’t really call the Focus a compact any longer, it’s actually closer in size to a traditional mid-size. That left a hole in Ford’s line-up that the Fiesta was perfectly sized to fill. If you guys recall, the SVT Focus had respectable performance with its high-revving 170 HP and 145 lbs.-ft. 2.0L mill. The Fiesta ST make a sizable turbocharged leap past the old SVT via its 1.6L 197 HP and 202 lbs.-ft. EcoBoost power plant. With a similar curb weight to its spiritual progenitor, no matter how you slice it, near-as-makes-no-difference 30 HP and 60 TQ (both peaking much lower in the rev range) delivers a very noticeable increase in performance.

Speaking of performance; Team RS, the division of Ford's "Global Performance Vehicles" group tasked with engineering the ST, did not stop with the EcoBoost engine. The also added (to the base Fiesta):

• 1.6-Liter EcoBoost
  • 6-speed manual transmission
  • Larger front brakes (rotors and calipers)
  • Rear disc brakes (an ST model exclusive among Fiestas)
  • Unique fade-resistant brake pad compound
  • Tandem brake master cylinder delivering braking performance while contributing greater driver feedback
  • 17-inch aluminum wheels wheels fitted with summer compound tires
  • Unique Dual chrome-tipped exhaust
  • New front knuckles with geometry for a quicker steering ratio
  • Unique rear twist beam
  • Unique springs and dampers
  • 15 mm lower ride height resulting in a lower center of gravity.
  • Uniquely tuned Electric Power Assist Steering (“EPAS”) for sharper responses and greater feedback
  • Cloth ST sport seats
  • Unique leather steering wheel & shift knob
  • Alloy Sport pedals
  • ST scuff plate
  • My Ford Touch with Sony Premium Sound
  • HD and Satellite Radio
  • Unique front / rear fascias, rocker moldings and rear spoiler
  • Intelligent Access w/ Push Button Start
  • Electronic Climate Control
  • Full-size spare

The chassis was developed for better body control, cornering capability and steering precision. All of which directly translate to driving enjoyment. And let’s face it, for an SVTP member that’s really why you would buy this car. Chances are, if you’re an SVTP member and you’re reading this article you already have a V8 powered rear-wheel-drive monster in your garage. So if you’re interested in the new Fiesta ST it’s probably because you’re looking for a fun to drive yet economical daily driver (basically the exact opposite of my DD, but that’s a story for another time). So that’s the light in which I’m going to evaluate this ST, as a potential daily driver that breaks the monotony of the daily commute.

So with that in mind I grabbed the keys, figuratively speaking because there is no actual ignition key, to a Molten Orange ST and set off with my partner in crime for the day, 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords Magazine Editor Steve Turner. Turner and I go way back. I once witnessed him eat $150 worth of steak in Las Vegas. To be fair it was $25/Oz. and he had no idea about the price until the check came out (damn those sneaky waiters). But with history like that I knew the two of us together would be able to give Ford’s newest ST a proper shakedown cruise.

First, I’d like to say that I really like the look of the Fiesta ST. It’s properly sporty without being over-the-top ricey. I particularly like the trapezoidal honeycomb grille, body-colored rear diffuser and side skirts, and the ST exclusive rear spoiler. Front end strikingly similar to the Focus ST, but the Fiesta’s grill is a bit cleaner looking. On the inside you get a unique ST steering wheel, gear shifter, and alloy-metal pedal covers. If you feel like spending an extra ~$2,000 you can check off the option box for Recaro sport seats. That’s an option that I’d definitely go for. Not only do they look great, but they are also extremely supportive and comfortable. Their mix of leather and cloth seating surfaces along with heavy side bolstering really keeps you planted during enthusiastic cornering. To top it off you can get them with matching orange cloth if you opt for Molten Orange paint.

Before getting started on our drive I took a minute to get acquainted with the rest of the interior. It is very nicely appointed with the MyFord Touch system, easy to read yet attractive gauges, and all of the standard power creature comforts we’ve come to expect in modern cars, including a Sony stereo. I particularly like the no-key-required push-button start feature. It really is time for us to move past keys. I think it’s funny that a $22,000 Fiesta ST comes with that as standard, yet a $70,000 F-350 Platinum has a regular old key. One thing that I’m not thrilled about, but completely understand, is some of the interior material choices. While the quality and fit of the panels are superb, there is extensive use of hard plastics in areas such as the door panels. While they are by no means cheap feeling, they are not the most pleasant feeling. I suppose I was a bit spoiled by the Focus ST, whose interior feels much more upscale, but once I reminded myself that the Fiesta comes in at a much lower base price all was well. The Fiesta’s interior is lightyears ahead its competition (the Chevy Sonic RS is just terrible) in terms of fit and finish. The optional navigation system is standard Ford fare, which is a good thing because Ford builds an excellent system. As always, the Ford exclusive SYNC system is much appreciated. Also, I was happy with the audio quality of the Sony based sound system. The combination of creature comforts makes for a pleasant place in which to spend the daily commute.

Once on the road the first thing I did was feed in a copious amount throttle and run through the first few gears. As with every EcoBoost powered vehicle I have driven, the engine’s performance exceeds what you would expect from a block of such diminutive displacement. Power from the all-aluminum 1.6L comes on early, strong, and in a very linear fashion. The car doesn’t feel as powerful as its big brother, the Focus ST, but it also doesn’t have the tendency to transmit as much torque-steer to the driver. The tiny EcoBoost does a great job of moving the Fiesta’s lightweight body down the road (sub 7-sec 0-60 times according to Ford), and the muted tones from the turbo are always welcomed by performance lovers. I look at this engine as a great starting point for a few basic performance mods. I’m sure with an intake, turbo-back exhaust, and tune you could easily pick up close to 50 HP.

Speaking of mods, the first item I would change on this car would be the shifter. It is unnervingly vague, sloppy, and has unacceptably long throws for performance minded car of this size. Thankfully, I’m sure within 6 months the aftermarket will serve up a few decent replacements. Staying on the subject of the transmission, it’s nice to have six gears to play with. All too often even performance oriented cars that come in at the ST’s price point only have a 5-speed. Ford did the enthusiast a great service by opting for six. Also, the clutch feels decent for a small car. It’s not marshmallow soft and it engages consistently and confidently.

However, the real reason to buy this car is for its handling characteristics. I’ll put it out there right now, I really liked the handling of the Focus ST but the Fiesta feels even better. When throwing this car into a turn you can instantly feel that you’re in a much lighter vehicle than the Focus ST. You don’t feel the extra inertia working against you and the grip from the summer compound tires is amazing for a car that can be had for so little money. The steering is nicely weighted as well. I witnessed this car running at Virginia International Raceway in the hands of a professional driver absolutely shaming Mustangs that were pumping out nearly three times as much power. It’s really surprising to see a front-wheel-drive ST get tail happy in a long turn, or go full-on tri-pod mode in a steep bend. The use of electronic torque vectoring aids in pulling the front of the car around a turn, while also quelling torque-steer. This car is truly the epitome of affordable fun to drive motoring, but it doesn’t end there.

The Fiesta ST features 3-mode Electronic Stability Control ("ESC"). Drivers can choose to limit system’s input and allow the car to be driven on the limit:

• ESC ON: Intervenes fully to help prevent loss of control
  • ESC WIDE SLIP mode: ESC intervenes later, allowing a degree of skidding
  • ESC OFF: No intervention from ESC (Torque Vectoring remains active)

The ST's brakes have been greatly upgraded from the standard Fiesta’s system. The front rotors and calipers are larger, the rear features discs instead of drums, and more aggressive pads have been fitted all the way around. The brakes are strong, but not what I’d call “race ready.” They are capable stopping the car in a big hurry, but when really pushed repeatedly they did seem to fade a bit. A quick brake pad change before getting out on a road-course (which you should be doing anyway) would probably allow you to push the car much harder.

While the Fiesta ST is supremely fun to drive around in a fashion becoming of a juvenile delinquent, the car is also very comfortable on the open road. We had an opportunity to break from the pack and tackle about 20 miles of Michigan interstate, some of which were not the smoothest roads one could hope for. Easily one of my favorite aspects of the Fiesta ST is its ability to handle imperfections in the road surface. The suspension takes bumps confidently without being harsh. It quickly absorbs the initial impact and regains composure without being springy or spongy. While there is a bit of road noise from the summer tread tires it is nothing that I would call intrusive, and is easily a magnitude of order quieter than the stock Pirellis that came equipped on the SVTP GT. Interestingly, in order to keep the cabin from seeming too isolated from the performance nature of the car Ford included the same style “Sound Symposer” tube we’ve become accustomed to on the S-197 Mustangs. The tube delivers the more aggressive engine noises to the cabin for your auditory pleasure. I can tell you that under WOT the little 4-banger does sound pretty good, much better than you would think.

Team RS, essentially the European version of SVT, headed up the design and engineering of the ST. I'm thrilled to report that unlike so many times in the past, a Fiesta ST that you could buy in Europe is basically the same car that you will be able to buy in the US. Ford allowed no dumbing-down the European version for the US market. The only real changes are those that are required by domestic regulations. However, one question from the journalists I overheard the Ford engineers on-hand answer over and over was, “Why can’t we get the 2-door hatchback in the US?” I admit that was an issue of great interest to me as well, and the answer is surprisingly simple. It would be prohibitively expensive to import them from Europe, and the body-shop in the factory that produces the Fiesta for the US market is only capable of running two body-styles at the same time. That being the case, Ford chose the sedan and the 4-door hatch because they saw those as the volume leaders. Still, it’s not out of the realm of possibility that we may see the 2-door in the US sometime in the future. If that day comes I'm sure small-car performance fans will rejoice. until then, if I were in the market for something new I’d definitely consider buying a 2014 Fiesta ST, which is something I can’t say that I’ve ever said about any other B car.

First sight of the newest ST. Looks like it's going to be a good day.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_001.jpg

Gotta Have it Green is one of my favorite Mustang colors, and it looks great on the Fiesta ST.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_002.jpg

The journalists begin familiarizing themselves with the cars.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_005.jpg

It's good to see Molten Orange making a reappearance in the Ford lineup. Shame this color was never available on the GT500.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_006.jpg

The optional orange trimmed Recaro buckets. I like the orange cloth, but I have a feeling it will be a polarizing look.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_007.jpg

Behind the wheel and on the route.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_008.jpg

Classic Ford dealership sign. I haven't see one of these in years.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_009.jpg

The climate controls are simple and intuitive. It's nice to see heated seats on such an inexpensive car.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_010.jpg

The rear of the car is fairly sporty looking without being over-the-top.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_011.jpg

The drive route took us through some nice rural areas around Ann Arbor, MI.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_012.jpg

The route included plenty of twisting back roads to test out the car's handling.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_013.jpg

We were certainly a brightly colored bunch.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_014.jpg

If this were Kansas I'd have guessed this was Maw and Paw Kent's place.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_015.jpg

Nice to see some classic iron, and wood, still running around.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_016.jpg

Hell is actually a pretty nice place.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_017.jpg

A rising belt-line gives the ST a fairly muscular appearance for such a small car.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_019.jpg

The metallic in the Molten Orange paint really comes alive in the sun light.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_020.jpg

The ST's front fascia is properly aggressive.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_021.jpg

At first glance it's hard to pick out anything really special about the engine.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_022.jpg

You can really see why they put a cover on this one. As with most modern cars, it's not a very pretty engine.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_023.jpg

I was surprised to see that 5W-20 oil is recommended instead of 5W-30 as with every other EcoBoost application. I suspect it's due to anticipated use and fuel economy requirements.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_024.jpg

This bump is actually an air duct that routes fresh air directly into the airbox.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_025.jpg

I think this color would have looked great on a Lightning too.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_026.jpg

If you plan on driving in snow you should think about changing out the summer compound tires. Otherwise they are fantastic on a warm dry road.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_027.jpg

The Fiesta has a decently wide stance, which adds to it's planted feel during hard cornering.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_028.jpg

I'm always on the lookout for unique Fords. I bet is still runs.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_029.jpg

After the drive we're back in the staging area. This should give you an idea of some of the colors available on the ST.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_030.jpg

GHIG is just like Molten Orange, in sunlight the paint seems to be powered by a nuclear reactor.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_031.jpg

One thing I really wish was available on the Fiesta ST is HID headlights. Perhaps they'll make an appearance in a couple years.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_032.jpg

This is the standard pattern on the optional Rocaro seats. unfortunately, none of the press cars were equipped with the standard seat for me to snag pics.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_033.jpg

The dash is well laid out and the large center screen is standard equipment on the ST. The steering wheel is properly thick as well.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_034.jpg

A 6-speed manual is standard equipment and the only transmission available in the ST.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_035.jpg

I like seeing more USB connections being added in newer Fords, and the SD card slot for the nav system is a nice touch too.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_036.jpg

The requisite "big-gulp" cup holder for an American market car.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_037.jpg

The Sony based stereo sounded good, and is far superior to anything that would have been found in a car at this price point even just a few years ago.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_038.jpg

The back seat had "ok" legroom, but is not a place you would want to put adult friends for an extended period of time. Still, it's better than flying coach on some planes I've been on.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_039.jpg

I like the additional 12V tap in the rear, but would have really liked to have seen a 110V AC outlet for charging a laptop.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_040.jpg

The rear wing really flows with the overall styling of the car, aggressive but not insane.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_041.jpg

The trunk space is generous for a small car. With the rear seats down and the cargo cover removed you could really pack in a lot of luggage.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_042.jpg

A full-size spare is truly a rare sight on a B-series car.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_043.jpg

Looks like Ford is planning for Congress mandate E-15 fuel.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_045.jpg

The styling details molded into the taillights are designed to give sense of speed.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_046.jpg

The classic "ST" badge lets you know this isn't a run-of-the-mill Fiesta.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_047.jpg

The gauge cluster is handsome, but i would prefer to have a few more gauges.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_048.jpg

The metal pedal covers are a nice touch.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_050.jpg

This single cloth covered pad is the only soft spot on an otherwise hard plastic door panel.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_051.jpg

The entire dash layout is very intuitive and nicely styled. The interior quality and fit & finish are much better than many other cars in this segment.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_052.jpg

Spirit Blue is an ST exclusive, and it reminds me very much of Sonic Blue.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_053.jpg

Race Red is an available color as well.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_054.jpg

I think Spirit blue would look great on a GT500.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_055.jpg

4 lugs on a 5-spoke wheel always looks odd to me.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_056.jpg

A view of the vented front brakes.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_057.jpg

The front strut assembly.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_058.jpg

A proper amount of wheel gap for a performance oriented car.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_059.jpg

The Recaro seats do a great job of keeping you planted during enthusiastic driving.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_060.jpg

These little scallops not only look neat, they cut down on wind noise.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_061.jpg

ST exclusive scuff-plate is a touch.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_062.jpg

ST wings, all in a row.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_063.jpg

Another view of the rising belt-line. It makes the car look fast even when just sitting in a parking lot.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_064.jpg

The ST model brings a new level of performance and prestige to this badge.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_065.jpg

The three bright metallic colors of the ST.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_066.jpg

The more I see Spirit Blue the more I like it.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_067.jpg

In this light GHIG looks very pale.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_068.jpg

This is a shot of the rear twist beam suspension.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_069.jpg

Some under-body cladding to cut down on road noise.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_070.jpg

The twin-tipped stainless exhaust looks great.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_071.jpg

Here you can see the rear brake caliper and a bit more of the rear twist beam.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_072.jpg

The 1.6L EcoBoost has a nice cast aluminum oil pan.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_074.jpg

It's good to see a water cooled oil cooler on the car. It looks like changing the oil filter will make a mess though.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_073.jpg

This is a beefy half-shaft for such a small car.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_075.jpg

This is the "sound symposer", which is responsible for piping pleasant engine sounds into the cabin.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_076.jpg

It attaches to the intake piping after the intercooler and just before the throttle body.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_077.jpg

There may be a bit to be gained by a CAI. The stock one looks to be designed to quell engine noise.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_078.jpg

The fill location for the brake fluid is rather unique on the Fiesta.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_079.jpg

For such a tiny motor there really is a lot going on under this hood.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_080.jpg

Here you can see the four individual ignition coils.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_081.jpg

I wonder if the PCV system will allow a lot of oil to be aspirated into the intake tract?

Fiesta_ST_Drive_082.jpg

The coolant hose is so tiny. I have to keep reminding myself this is only a 1.6L engine, not a Powerstroke.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_083.jpg

Here you can see the engine cover in its place.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_086.jpg

The engine cover features a decent amount of sound deadening material.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_085.jpg

It was interesting to see this on the underside of the cover.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_084.jpg

Here's the car ID tag for those who may be interested.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_087.jpg

The Fiesta ST's honeycomb grill look great on the car.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_088.jpg

The intercooler fills up the entire lower grill, just as it should on any decent turbocharged performance car.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_089.jpg

I'll leave you with this, in the same lot as the ST Drive I happened to run across one of the earliest SVTs. Pays to keep an eye open.

Fiesta_ST_Drive_090.jpg

Special Thanks To:

Ford Motor Company

-SID297:beer:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Good post! I wish they came with a bit more HP, maybe 230-250 for instance, but I'm sure its pretty fun since its so small. And LOL @ having 4 people in the car and still weighing what a Coyote curbs in at.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
The Molten Orange looks a little on the red side in the pics Travis. Does it have more of an orange tint in person?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The Molten Orange looks a little on the red side in the pics Travis. Does it have more of an orange tint in person?

Depending on the pic you may be looking at a red car. Here you can see the orange and red side-by-side:

Fiesta_ST_Drive_030.jpg

Molten Orange has a much more red tint than say Competition Orange, but it is definitely orange. Due to the metallic in the paint, the look of the car really changes with differing sunlight.

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
Awesome write up! Seems like a cool little car with some neat details. Oh I wish we'd get the Focus Rs tho..

einehund

Established Member
What is the curb weight of the SVT focus? cause that only had 160 HP. Seeing that the focus grew, I'm down for a fiesta ST because it sounds like what the SVT Focus was.

4601S/C

Established Member
Great post! I would love to own one of these things in Molten Orange. Wish they offered the 3 door version here, but I won't turn my nose up the 5 door. Still a super cool hatchback.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Nice! We have a 2013 ford escape sel 1.6 Eco. Has a tad less HP but they will really surprise you. The 2.0's are no joke either.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Interesting, I saw what I think was a pre-production mule at carlisle this year and it did not have an exhaust tip. It was tucked up and behind the bumper, so seeing the twin chrome tips is new to me.

DSC_2886-XL.jpg

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Super nice. Wow, pop out the spare tire with a 1/4 tank of fuel and I bet your close to 2690 pound range. With a catless dp, intake, and tune I bet the car will make 250 whp. Be a fast little bug.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Awesome write up! Seems like a cool little car with some neat details. Oh I wish we'd get the Focus Rs tho..

What is the curb weight of the SVT focus? cause that only had 160 HP. Seeing that the focus grew, I'm down for a fiesta ST because it sounds like what the SVT Focus was.

The 5-door SVTf weighed about the same as this ST.

Interesting, I saw what I think was a pre-production mule at carlisle this year and it did not have an exhaust tip. It was tucked up and behind the bumper, so seeing the twin chrome tips is new to me.

DSC_2886-XL.jpg

That's definitely a pre-production car.

Slug Fest

not amused
Established Member
They had one at the SVT Superfest this year in Orange... unfortunately I did not get to go out on track in it... But I heard great rerports...

von2011

I'm 10 minutes from that area and love the back roads around here. Perfect for "spirited" drives! Great write up on the lil ST and thanks for not bagging on the area, we get enough of that from most other writers.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
They had one at the SVT Superfest this year in Orange... unfortunately I did not get to go out on track in it... But I heard great rerports...

That's the one I saw at VIR.

I'm 10 minutes from that area and love the back roads around here. Perfect for "spirited" drives! Great write up on the lil ST and thanks for not bagging on the area, we get enough of that from most other writers.

I actually like the area. I'm not ready to move there, but I do like to visit.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Can't wait, 6-8 weeks till mine comes in! Great article :beer:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I have to be honest. The only thing I think looks good on that car are the seats. I'm sure it will be a fun car to toss around once they get some aftermarket parts and tunes on it.

Users who are viewing this thread