SVTP stock pick thread.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Man what a month, finished 4.5% up. Still waiting cash heavy.. this could happen any moment
Screenshot_20231104_052223_Chrome.jpg

RUNVS?

Established Member
I'm not feeling a Santa Claus rally this year.
I normally don't see the "Santa Claus Bump" until December and it will typically run through February. My all-time high IRA balance was recorded in January, 2022. Unfortunately, it's been all downhill since then. :confused:

VegasMichael

Established Member
I normally don't see the "Santa Claus Bump" until December and it will typically run through February. My all-time high IRA balance was recorded in January, 2022. Unfortunately, it's been all downhill since then. :confused:
For clarification, what I meant was that I don't foresee a Santa rally happening. Too many companies reported misses on revenues and made cautious outlooks for the upcoming quarter.

RUNVS?

Established Member
For clarification, what I meant was that I don't foresee a Santa rally happening. Too many companies reported misses on revenues and made cautious outlooks for the upcoming quarter.
Depends on how the retail sector does over the next eight weeks. My broker is optimistic that we'll be OK. I've got enough cash on the sidelines to get my wife and I through March, 2024, and I haven't been forced to sell any of our holdings at a loss.

Last edited:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Plug Power looking like another Solindra. Lets see if the Feds pump more into it.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Plug Power looking like another Solindra. Lets see if the Feds pump more into it.

Solyndra was a drop in the bucket compared to the great recession auto bailout. Fun fact: I was offered the 6th position at Solyndra when it formed. I turned down the offer, kicked myself in the ass every morning for a couple years as they went to 1200 employees, then eventually went and worked there as a manufacturing engineer. I saw the writing on the wall and jumped ship to Lam Research, for my first stint there.

Lam had a great day today: https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/LRCX/

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
SPY is heading up on the MACD on every time frame i watch (30m/1hr/2hr/4hr/1D/3D/1W)

AMZN and MARA paid today

really considering trying to trade NVDA, but i promised a coworker who's holding i wouldn't jinx him lol

MG0h3

Established Member

Good friend has been holding Plug for years. He’s watched his money double then get cut in half so many times I’ve lost count.

I just told him to take his gains earlier this summer and as far as I know, he never did.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Good friend has been holding Plug for years. He’s watched his money double then get cut in half so many times I’ve lost count.

I just told him to take his gains earlier this summer and as far as I know, he never did.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Company after company giving up their covid bump, for a variety of reasons.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Guess I'll grab a pair of tuckits in every color. I'll be completely honest, I don't usually hold through earnings, but I didn't catch this one and it paid off. Could've really went the other way.

93e0af1a3fd99f7f0c04d3cd035265b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VegasMichael

Established Member
Guess I'll grab a pair of tuckits in every color. I'll be completely honest, I don't usually hold through earnings, but I didn't catch this one and it paid off. Could've really went the other way.

93e0af1a3fd99f7f0c04d3cd035265b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lots of retailers report this week. Home Depot, TJ Maxx, WalMart, Macy's, Ross, BJ's.

RUNVS?

Established Member
The past week has been pretty good for my IRA account, but the potential for a continued roller coaster ride is still there. I'm up over $28,000 in the past four days so I hope this run continues. With any luck, the retail bump that typically takes place over the next couple of months will earn my wife and I enough gains to fuel our cash account for all of 2024. My broker will be looking to take profits when the opportunities present themselves. Keeping my fingers crossed.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
The past week has been pretty good for my IRA account, but the potential for a continued roller coaster ride is still there. I'm up over $28,000 in the past four days so I hope this run continues. With any luck, the retail bump that typically takes place over the next couple of months will earn my wife and I enough gains to fuel our cash account for all of 2024. My broker will be looking to take profits when the opportunities present themselves. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Nice. Good fortune and good luck!

Fat Boss

Established Member
My biggest holdings are, in order:

LRCX
Fidelity Growth Pool
FSELX - Fidelity Semiconductor
BOIL
MSTR
ASML
UPRO - Leveraged S&P 500
NVDA
NFLX
KLAC
TSLA
DPST - Leveraged Regional Bank
DIS

All are doing quite well, except BOIL. I sold half of it when it popped up in Oct, so sitting barely in the black, patiently waiting for a geopolitical strife or prolonged cold spell in Europe to goose the natural gas prices.

q6543

Established Member
Looking to see a fresh breakout into ATHs for the S&P…. Then we’ll see what multiple we max out at again.

I’d like to see a higher growth multiple on SPY in the low 30s this time… who knows what earnings will be by then… SPY to 1000, plus by the end of the decade, early next decade. Who knows… QQQs could really moonshot.

Reading that housing is taking back off like a rocket… hope folks made moves at the bottom over the last 2 years.
Everything points to 2022 WAS the recession in the market, and people just said “no it isn’t, these aren’t the droid’s you’re looking for “ and the public believed it.

Users who are viewing this thread