SVTP stock pick thread.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I want manual control of my 401k(not sure if even possible) because I'm of the idea they don't want all the set it and forget it folks to end up wealthy.

Plus, mine is up 5% in 5 years and I can do that in a week. Total bullshit
Like what? I have Fidelity, and can move buy, sell, trade and just turn it back to cash vs stocks.

MG0h3

Established Member
Like what? I have Fidelity, and can move buy, sell, trade and just turn it back to cash vs stocks.

Some people can’t do anything.

Some people have enough control to make 2-3 moves a month between funds, to include to cash.

Totally self managed is what yours sounds like which is the least common as far as I know.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

VegasMichael

Established Member

Some people have enough control to make 2-3 moves a month between funds, to include to cash.

Totally self managed is what yours sounds like which is the least common as far as I know.

That's what makes the 403 and 457 advantageous. I can move the money around whenever I want. I can even transfer from one investment company to another, which I have in the past.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
we have to pay for the ability to do this, if i understood ADP correctly

quarterly changes is all i've seen so far, and they have "reset" some changes i've made
That's what makes the 403 and 457 advantageous. I can move the money around whenever I want. I can even transfer from one investment company to another, which I have in the past.
i will start by researching what you just mentioned lol. i see people basically trading stocks in retirement accounts and that is what i'm after...doubt ADP is the answer

Fat Boss

Established Member

quarterly changes is all i've seen so far, and they have "reset" some changes i've made

i will start by researching what you just mentioned lol. i see people basically trading stocks in retirement accounts and that is what i'm after...doubt ADP is the answer

There's a section within my Fidelity account called Brokeragelink. Once I transfer funds from my regular Fidelity 401k into that I can invest in just about anything short of penny stocks. I can sell and go to cash without it being a withdrawal. None of this triggers any charges.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
There's a section within my Fidelity account called Brokeragelink. Once I transfer funds from my regular Fidelity 401k into that I can invest in just about anything short of penny stocks. I can sell and go to cash without it being a withdrawal. None of this triggers any charges.
thanks for the info, this sounds perfect. i’m kinda surprised you can go cash without a penalty, that is awesome!

VegasMichael

Established Member

Just know that 403 and 457 plans are for government and/or non-profit organizations.

q6543

Established Member
The market has priced all the rate cuts out.

Now we only see a handful in 24. The most amazing part is how hot the economy and jobs market remains in the face of 5.5% rates

I still am investing in treasuries on the long end (so I’m putting my money where my mouth is)

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
The “rate cuts will start at the end of the year” people are mysteriously missing.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

They keep underestimating the POTATUS Administration’s desire to destroy this country.

Emos hate high 5s, they are always left hanging.

MG0h3

Established Member
The market has priced all the rate cuts out.

Now we only see a handful in 24. The most amazing part is how hot the economy and jobs market remains in the face of 5.5% rates

I still am investing in treasuries on the long end (so I’m putting my money where my mouth is)

Wait a sec

Are we still in that bull market you spoke of?

I think what people don’t understand is that in order for the Fed to get things where they want, we can’t have low unemployment.

The Fed will again look at this and lean more towards hikes. Same with the GDP.

MG0h3

Established Member
They keep underestimating the POTATUS Administration’s desire to destroy this country.

Emos hate high 5s, they are always left hanging.

Funny part is Biden keeps dumping GOV money into the economy, which adds fuel.

Fed is trying to put the fire out with rate hikes.

Genius

q6543

Established Member
Wait a sec

Are we still in that bull market you spoke of?
100% yes.
$SPY is in year 2 of a fresh bull market (which tends to be sloppy) if it closes below 365 ish would invalidate the new bull.

$Nasdaq is in an even stronger bull market, would need to give up 12,700s to break that.

$DOW also firmly in year 2 of a fresh bull.

And these baby’s run decades, so don’t think about Friday…. Think Friday 2046

MG0h3

Established Member
100% yes.
$SPY is in year 2 of a fresh bull market (which tends to be sloppy) if it closes below 365 ish would invalidate the new bull.

$Nasdaq is in an even stronger bull market, would need to give up 12,700s to break that.

$DOW also firmly in year 2 of a fresh bull.

And these baby’s run decades, so don’t think about Friday…. Think Friday 2046

Well anybody can call a 10yr uptrend.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes. Can’t recall if it was here or a TSP group I’m a member of, where someone posted a chart after the hot GDP#s dropped, but Gov spending in a couple areas increased throughout the year.

Govt spending and i even saw a few folks saying taylor swifts tour was responsible for the hot GDP print lol

Users who are viewing this thread