SVTP stock pick thread.

VegasMichael

Established Member
If interest rates go up again I think markets may drop a bit more. People will dump some stocks for a higher and safer return via treasuries, cd's and money market funds than they can get with dividend paying stocks.

Last edited:

Fat Boss

Established Member
LRCX reports after the close. The outlook will be telling for the markets moving forward. I want Tim Archer (CEO) to say, "we think we've passed the bottom of the chip equipment market decline."

I guess he didn't say the magic words. Down 5.63% this morning.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
and i saw zero mention of this being why they subscribers grew...

Nobody wants to say “ we essentially cracked down on freedom….. and it worked out for us “

But it’s what they did.

College students using their home Netflix. 3rd cousins using their families Netflix..

They let them for years do it. Got everyone hooked, then bam.. said “ we are taking it and I’ll bet you’ll come right back “ … and they did

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
Also… due to this .. watch EVERY streaming company do it. As well as yet another price increase.

I believe the top tier Netflix is $25 or so bucks now. Disney is upping theirs next month.. so on and so forth.

I believe we have… Netflix, the Disney bundle ( Disney , Hulu , espn ) , max, discovery, paramount, peacock, and I’m sure 1 or 2 more that I simply forgot.

Totaled up its prolly $80 or more a month. ( Fortunately I got the peacock for that $1 a month for a year deal for Black Friday last year )

1 or 2 more price increases here and there, streaming will cost the average user over $100 a month for the top 5.

RUNVS?

Established Member
and i saw zero mention of this being why they subscribers grew...
I pay $210 a month for Xfinity Premier cable TV service (five TVs), 1 GB internet, and a home phone line (VoIP). My wife and I spend a lot of time at home, so it's worth it to us. About $7.00 a day.

MG0h3

Established Member
Also… due to this .. watch EVERY streaming company do it. As well as yet another price increase.

I believe the top tier Netflix is $25 or so bucks now. Disney is upping theirs next month.. so on and so forth.

I believe we have… Netflix, the Disney bundle ( Disney , Hulu , espn ) , max, discovery, paramount, peacock, and I’m sure 1 or 2 more that I simply forgot.

Totaled up its prolly $80 or more a month. ( Fortunately I got the peacock for that $1 a month for a year deal for Black Friday last year )

1 or 2 more price increases here and there, streaming will cost the average user over $100 a month for the top 5.

Pretty liberal point of view saying a company setting its own terms for its product is restricting freedom.

You don’t want to pay for it, don’t use it.

Nobody is making you have TV. It’s at least tied with social media as being the biggest detractor of productivity.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
Pretty liberal point of view saying a company setting its own terms for its product is restricting freedom.

You don’t want to pay for it, don’t use it.

Nobody is making you have TV. It’s at least tied with social media as being the biggest detractor of productivity.

Think of it this way.

I pay for Netflix at my house. I use it at my office. Or I use it at hotels when I travel for work.

Netflix can force me to make new accounts and pay another $10 a month to do that.

Instead of letting me use MY Netflix account wherever I’d like

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Think of it this way.

I pay for Netflix at my house. I use it at my office. Or I use it at hotels when I travel for work.

Netflix can force me to make new accounts and pay another $10 a month to do that.

You don't watch Netflix, Netflix watches you.

MG0h3

Established Member
Think of it this way.

I don’t really know all the ins and outs of their rules, but when I travel, I log into my Netflix just fine.

It actually autoloads when I check into some hotels now.

Maybe they can tell if I’m watching it at my house and then when I’m traveling. No issue.

If I give my brother the account in WA state, well that’s pretty obvious what’s going on.

But the fact remains, you don’t like it, cancel. Nobody is forcing you to pay for their service.

I wouldn’t even have it if my GF and her kids didn’t use it. Last time I was on there was when they were here visiting.

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
I don’t really know all the ins and outs of their rules, but when I travel, I log into my Netflix just fine.

It actually autoloads when I check into some hotels now.

Maybe they can tell if I’m watching it at my house and then when I’m traveling. No issue.

If I give my brother the account in WA state, well that’s pretty obvious what’s going on.

But the fact remains, you don’t like it, cancel. Nobody is forcing you to pay for their service.

I wouldn’t even have it if my GF and her kids didn’t use it. Last time I was on there was when they were here visiting.

With all the travel I do. I need it lol.

I hate that their documentaries are leaps and bounds better than other services

Users who are viewing this thread