SVTP stock pick thread.

D1984

Whining
Established Member
Don't say I didn't offer you guys a nice little nugget. I rolled my EWJ puts twice since I posted about it in here, closed them out for good this morning on the spike down, switched bullish via UVXY puts because I had a feeling they would run it up into the close. Well, they did. Two days resulted in a 660% gain. Good times. No open positions on my gambling account this weekend, will re-evaluate monday.

nxhappy

Established Member
buy your puts boys ....its going to be a rough month ahead...this ****ing virus BS. I am shorting the oil/gas companies, also airline companies. Good time to buy some Amazon and MSFT. I predict another -600 dow jones on monday =(

FIVEHOE

Established Member
oil getting butt ****ed over the weekend. expect this to open real low monday.

D1984

Whining
Established Member
buy your puts boys ....its going to be a rough month ahead...this ****ing virus BS. I am shorting the oil/gas companies, also airline companies. Good time to buy some Amazon and MSFT. I predict another -600 dow jones on monday =(

I'm shorting Italy now. And also UVXY, because why the hell not. Weird to be bullish on SPY and bearish on EWI but I think some funny things may happen this coming week. The Fed is doing a pretty decent job of propping up our market and we may see an unexpected short squeeze. I like shorting leveraged ETFs in general because they the decay almost makes it free money as long as you give yourself enough time.

D1984

Whining
Established Member
sold my UVXY puts in the morning and actually managed to squeeze a little profit out of them, IV is a helluva drug. sold my EMI puts also, probably too early but doubled my money on them so who cares. used all my gains to buy USO calls dated out to october as a gamble. it's hard for me to resist trading against a big move. ideally i want russia and saudi arabia to reach an agreement before the summer, and some type of large war to break out somewhere which i think is a very real possibility, then oil will rocket back up and i'll make some good money. i'm a more heavily exposed on this trade than i usually am, and plan on holding these through the summer. will buy more if oil dips more

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Anyone watch FNMA anymore? I have a nice chunk right above $1, but it's a lotto type play for me. Ill ride it until it gets dissolved or released.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
sold my UVXY puts in the morning and actually managed to squeeze a little profit out of them, IV is a helluva drug. sold my EMI puts also, probably too early but doubled my money on them so who cares. used all my gains to buy USO calls dated out to october as a gamble. it's hard for me to resist trading against a big move. ideally i want russia and saudi arabia to reach an agreement before the summer, and some type of large war to break out somewhere which i think is a very real possibility, then oil will rocket back up and i'll make some good money. i'm a more heavily exposed on this trade than i usually am, and plan on holding these through the summer. will buy more if oil dips more

Is this your profession? You sound like you know way more than all of us haha. I need to just give you some money so you can make me rich!

D1984

Whining
Established Member
Is this your profession? You sound like you know way more than all of us haha. I need to just give you some money so you can make me rich!

I just do this for fun. Options for me are like gambling. I am a much safer and boring investor in my retirement accounts. But I generally have a good feel for market psychology and what the big boys are trying to do. By the way, I bought more USO calls today, and also some shorter dated USO puts and XOP puts. So I'm playing both sides now, although the bull thesis reward is much greater if it goes that way

nxhappy

Established Member
no more bull, da bear is coming out. Time for puts and shorts till the virus is gone ....

D1984

Whining
Established Member
My USO and XOP puts are doing well today. I sold off some of the shorter dated USO calls for a loss and loaded up on more puts on the fed pump when premiums got a little discount. I don't think we've hit the bottom yet, I'm just not seeing enough real buying to convince me.

EDIT: I changed my mind. I guess the repo injection hasn't even happened yet, that was some massive pre-pump. Sold all my puts for gains, including the ones I just bought on the pump. Will see what happens when the actual money comes in and probably reload puts tomorrow

EDIT 2: Just went all-in (on my options account) on USO $6.5 calls. Did a little more reading on the fed operations and I think there's a reasonable chance SPY will pump over 300 from here starting late today, maybe by April. Worth the gamble

Last edited:

nxhappy

Established Member
pretty ballsy doing ANY calls right now. This virus could **** us for a few months. Looks like a 17000-18000 market at this point.

My USO and XOP puts are doing well today. I sold off some of the shorter dated USO calls for a loss and loaded up on more puts on the fed pump when premiums got a little discount. I don't think we've hit the bottom yet, I'm just not seeing enough real buying to convince me.

EDIT: I changed my mind. I guess the repo injection hasn't even happened yet, that was some massive pre-pump. Sold all my puts for gains, including the ones I just bought on the pump. Will see what happens when the actual money comes in and probably reload puts tomorrow

EDIT 2: Just went all-in (on my options account) on USO $6.5 calls. Did a little more reading on the fed operations and I think there's a reasonable chance SPY will pump over 300 from here starting late today, maybe by April. Worth the gamble

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Just talked to my middle kid who’s a big time finance advisor. People are buying like mad he said. Also told me not to look at my 401 and let it ride.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Just talked to my middle kid who’s a big time finance advisor. People are buying like mad he said. Also told me not to look at my 401 and let it ride.

Cost averaging across the bottom is the way to roll, if you have dry powder.

nxhappy

Established Member
im not looking at the 401 either lol ...or I might load up the Glock !
hopefully the market bottoms out soon. But I don't think it's done.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
As long as there is media induced panic, the market blood bath will continue.

I find it interesting that the dumocrats miraculously narrowed down their nominee to two candidates quickly at the same time the left leaning media pushed the panic button beyond the point of no return.

Nearly all businesses are going to their business continuity plans because of the hysteria. Grocery stores are running out of goods and activities are coming to a halt.

Now the administration is trying to do a QE5 and other economic packages to “ save the economy”.

Exactly what the dumocrats want to win at all costs.

What a frickin mess!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Trying to make sense of the beaten down stocks is just crazy. Example: Cinemark CNK down 60 % from 52 week high yield 9.81% The answer is easy, right, how long will Covid-19 affect theatres. Easy peasy :eek:

D1984

Whining
Established Member
I unloaded my USO calls for a modest profit and picked up some INDA puts. India cases are starting to accelerate and I think it will get real bad there soon. Plus their healthcare and banking infrastructure is very weak.

nxhappy

Established Member
i see a bloodbath tomorrow with all this shit shutting down and grocery stores empty

Users who are viewing this thread