SVTP Installs and Reviews the MGW Race Spec Shifter for the 2015 Mustang

601Mystic04

Svt addiction
Established Member
Thanks guys I got mine installed and buttoned back up and shifting like a dream!

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Give them a call Mon to find out for sure. You are on the other side of the country though.

Looks like my card was finally charged last night. So hoping for an email or it to show up soon. When I paid she said it was going out tomorrow which would have been Wednesday.

Dcrypter

Established Member
I just installed my shifter last night and omg. This thing is an absolute pleasure to shift, it is truly confidence inspiring. All the notchyness from the stock shift is gone it's just clean precise shifts every time.

The throw distance seems perfect too, I was a little worried that I would notice the difference between my old barton and this but the only thing that's grabbed my attention is how much better this feels compared to stock on my '12, '15, and the barton on the '12.

Thank you Travis for convincing me to pick up the MGW!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Still working on the install vid. It's nearly an hour long and very detailed.

Sorry I haven't added the last few of you guys to the list. I'm on the west coast picking up another project car and have been super busy. Ill make sure you guys get in on the deal though.

blkmagic

Established Member
Nvm, I'm a noob so probably not active enough according to post a few up from mine. Ill just order retail.

Last edited:

blcoonrod

Established Member
Sid. Thanks for setting this deal up. I called them yesterday and got it ordered. Super nice lady taking orders. There was no issues with not having a code yet. She just referenced this thread and I assume noticed where I asked to get on the list before the cut off date.

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hey guys...

The install video is now online....

IMPORTANT!!! Please watch the ENTIRE video BEFORE installing...Do not go step by step the first time as there are steps that appear to happen out of order and its best to do them the easiest way for you. ( example is applying the dynamax to the bridge...best to do that BEFORE attaching it to the car)

Also , only one omission i saw is we do not actually show removng the OEM linkage arm bolt after we take the shifter body out but it comes out with the 1./2 socket just like the black MGW arm attaches which we show very clearly on the bench mount.

George

[video=youtube;CZeGlnIogCY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZeGlnIogCY[/video]

Last edited:

Anthony K

Established Member
Awesome!

Wish my kit included the drift, would have saved me from breaking the plastic reverse lockout.

Everyone else can enjoy a complete kit I guess.

Last edited:

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Awesome!

Wish my kit included the drift, would have saved me from breaking the plastic reverse lockout.

Everyone else can enjoy a complete kit I guess.

sorry man ... they just came in and everybody was itching to get theirs so fast..i do have a reverse lockout for the 15 oem that's unbroken you are welcome to to keep your take off in original shape.

George

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
List updated:

1. STL5OHSLOW
2. jdcobra
3. DivineStrike
4. Budwise
5. Dcrypter
6. ATTFighter
7. S197 KID
8. Tyler2386
9. bakerjd
10. rrg9946
11. 601Mystic04
12. Speed Junky
13. Lagometer
14. olaosunt
15. dwaleke
16. 14ksstang
17. Carbon Driven
18. BOSS 32V
19. boardkat
20. 08fordgt
21. shftn6
22. Dadz500
23. roki187
24. Anthony K
25. REDS197
26. 5spd07gt
27. Hector@CFM
28. VRYALT3R3D
29. DarkHorse305
30. Onelfastlride
31. SHUFFLE STEER
32. TrackpackGT
33. KLR SNK 8
34. chadr0
35. Rick14
36. Flyin '85
37. bigblue95z
38. ticopowell
39. Of Wolf and Man
40. DoCtA.FlAkE
41. Bayou72
42. Torino500
43. evanjp
44. blcoonrod
45. AboveAvgJoe5
46. stunuts
47. blkmagic
48. beef97

Anthony K

Established Member
Watch the whole video before starting if you want to use any on the mgw tricks.

Apply the dynamat before even getting under the car.

Don't put the crossmember back in until you are completely done.
Jack isn't required on gt, it only hangs about 1", easily pushed back up with your arm to reinstall.

Hanging on the driveshaft/trans to get the bolt out isn't enough. I had a jack handle in the rear of the trans, where the 3 bolts attach the cross member ( remove the whole thing btw ) and it was still not enough to get that bolt out. Ecoboost cars have a Huge Advantage on that bolt.

As soon as you remove the factory shifter. Pull the foam and plastic out of the shift "rod" for lack of a better word. And install it in the mgw. They don't show that step till 1/2 way through the video.

Flex head ratchet wrenches are your friend! Make this job a lot easier.

As will a stubby 1/2" wrench. Shift rod top bolt

1/4" impact driver and 10" extensions make pulling the stock shifter a breeze.

Its a badass piece. Breeze to install. Addresses all the factory problems. Unlike the other shifter on the market. I cannot understand why they resuse all them factory parts.

I also can't understand all the crying about vibration and noise. It's a pony car / modern day muscle car. It's supposed to be a little angry. Want quiet and shifting like a stick in water? Buy a Honda civic or a Kia.

Loud exhaust? Check
Windows down? Check
Radio up? Check
Sideways around the corner? Who gives a shit if the shifter makes a little more noise over the stock shifter. I can't hear it!

Last edited:

jdcobra

Established Member
Watch the whole video before starting if you want to use any on the mgw tricks.

Apply the dynamat before even getting under the car.

Don't put the crossmember back in until you are completely done.
Jack isn't required on gt, it only hangs about 1", easily pushed back up with your arm to reinstall.

Hanging on the driveshaft/trans to get the bolt out isn't enough. I had a jack handle in the rear of the trans, where the 3 bolts attach the cross member ( remove the whole thing btw ) and it was still not enough to get that bolt out. Ecoboost cars have a Huge Advantage on that bolt.

As soon as you remove the factory shifter. Pull the foam and plastic out of the shift "rod" for lack of a better word. And install it in the mgw. They don't show that step till 1/2 way through the video.

Flex head ratchet wrenches are your friend! Make this job a lot easier.

As will a stubby 1/2" wrench. Shift rod top bolt

1/4" impact driver and 10" extensions make pulling the stock shifter a breeze.

Its a badass piece. Breeze to install. Addresses all the factory problems. Unlike the other shifter on the market. I cannot understand why they resuse all them factory parts.

I also can't understand all the crying about vibration and noise. It's a pony car / modern day muscle car. It's supposed to be a little angry. Want quiet and shifting like a stick in water? Buy a Honda civic or a Kia.

Loud exhaust? Check
Windows down? Check
Radio up? Check
Sideways around the corner? Who gives a shit if the shifter makes a little more noise over the stock shifter. I can't hear it!

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread