SVTP Installs and Reviews the MGW Race Spec Shifter for the 2015 Mustang

Dcrypter

Established Member
It's not really, but if you watch the whole video first, youda seem where to put it.

I watched the original install video probably 5 times before it even shipped. I didn't see any supplementary video about the dynamat though which I might have missed.

jdcobra

Established Member
I watched the original install video probably 5 times before it even shipped. I didn't see any supplementary video about the dynamat though which I might have missed.

Their video on the 2015 install just came out this past weekend

Flyin '85

Established Member
Hey guys,
Just wanted to say that I got my kit from MGW. Everything looks outstanding but I didn't expect anything less. These guys do some great work. I won't get to install it for a bit yet since it's 3 f*cking degrees here right now and the car is in storage. I'm just hoping I don't pick up any NVH from it. One thing I love about the car is how smooth it is...I mean these cars can turn 4-5000 grand and you just don't feel a thing, I love that.

I'd also like to thank SID, SVTP and MGW for the pre-order deal !!!!!

jdcobra

Established Member
Hey guys,
Just wanted to say that I got my kit from MGW. Everything looks outstanding but I didn't expect anything less. These guys do some great work. I won't get to install it for a bit yet since it's 3 f*cking degrees here right now and the car is in storage. I'm just hoping I don't pick up any NVH from it. One thing I love about the car is how smooth it is...I mean these cars can turn 4-5000 grand and you just don't feel a thing, I love that.

I'd also like to thank SID, SVTP and MGW for the pre-order deal !!!!!

They make awesome products for sure. Trust me, if you did get any added NVH I doubt you'd seriously be able to notice it. Had their shifter on my 2012 GT and didn't install the dynamat and I couldn't hear or feel any extra NVH at all! :beer: will be installing mine the day it comes in

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Yep. They are currently sold out thanks to you guys. A new run is currently in production. Ill be at MGW tomorrow, Ill check on the progress.

14ksstang

Established Member
For all you guys that didn't get in on the first batch, I feel sorry for you son. I love this thing. Made my gen 2 mgw in my 14 look like junk. The feel is amazing and the shifts are perfect.

jdcobra

Established Member
Yep. They are currently sold out thanks to you guys. A new run is currently in production. Ill be at MGW tomorrow, Ill check on the progress.

Any word on the next shipment Travis?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
They should start shipping again next week (towards the end of the week IIRC). Than ran 100 more, but 89 are already sold. If you want one any time in the next few weeks you should call them tomorrow.

jdcobra

Established Member
Thanks for the update. Mine is to ship with the next group :beer:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Than ran 100 more, but 89 are already sold.

Wow.

hot-cakes.jpg

jdcobra

Established Member
Just got off the phone with them an they started shipping again today! :beer:

chadr0

Established Member
i finally got around to installing mine today and WOW this thing shifts like a dream now. I had their gen 2 shifter on my past 5.0 and it was great, but the race spec is incredible. if you have an MT-82 car you NEED this. I'm eager to swap in some Amsoil tranny fluid and really get that thing working in tip top shape.

Few install notes:
1.) Completely dropping the transmission crossmember gives you a little more room to work.
2.) IMO the hardest part was getting the rubber shift boot to seat, I found it easier to use the alternate method mentioned in the install vid instead of the one shown.
3.) If you have a GT, you basically have to have someone hang on the drive shaft to get it low enough to remove/install the front/top bolt.

Overall, there is a VERY slight increase in noise from the transmission, however, it's not a net increase since getting rid of the stock reverse lockout system has stopped that stupid plastic pull up collar from rattling when shifting.

If there's going to be noise when I'm shifting, I'm much happier hearing the mechanical parts of the car versus a plastic rattle.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread