SVTP GT Makes Ludicrous Power Gains : Home Brewed CAI Build

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Definitely give them a call and let them know you learned about it from SVTP. The tune will be different.

I should have a rendering of the intake to post early next week.

Avalanche3377

Established Member
Sorry about this being a cross post from the main page about the Magnuson S/C, but I wanted to cover my bases. I've been checking the Airaid website lately to see if there's been any development on the new CAI for the 5.0 with the Magnuson S/C but as far as I can tell, there isn't one available yet. I see that they have one out to match with the *cough* Camaro and Magnuson S/C, but nothing for the 5.0 yet. Anyone know if there has been any movement on this lately? I'd love to get the new CAI installed to go with the Magnuson S/C. Also, has anyone done a dyno run on a 2013 5.0 with the stock tune from Magnuson on it?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Airaid isn't working on the CAI for the Magnuson Mustang kit. There's a very good chance these kits will be shipping before the end of the year.

FastRedPonyCar

Powered by Cuisinart
Established Member
mighty impressive numbers. I read through the whole install and it really pushes my decision (for when the time comes) to strongly consider Magnuson.

Ease of install (no grinding/drilling) and the optional warranty is almost too good to pass up.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It's a great kit. As with any parts you order, be sure to tell the vendor that you learned about it from SVTP.:beer:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I was disappointed they didn't have the intake ready for SEMA. I couldn't talk to a rep either because there was only one person in their booth at the time and he was busy.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I was disappointed they didn't have the intake ready for SEMA. I couldn't talk to a rep either because there was only one person in their booth at the time and he was busy.

AFAIK the intake isn't a Magnuson part. They probably wouldn't be able to answer any of your questions on it. If things had worked out the way we wanted the kit would be finished by now, unfortunately it just didn't work out that way. I suspect this new kit may make a couple more HP than the one I built. Mine definitely has room for improvement.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
AFAIK the intake isn't a Magnuson part. They probably wouldn't be able to answer any of your questions on it. If things had worked out the way we wanted the kit would be finished by now, unfortunately it just didn't work out that way. I suspect this new kit may make a couple more HP than the one I built. Mine definitely has room for improvement.

Ahh, okay. Well, hopefully it comes out soon. I'm really interested to see how it works out so I can make my decision which way to go.

Avalanche3377

Established Member
Sorry for the mistake in thinking Airaid was developing it. I just misunderstood what was going on from a couple of the different forums. Where will we be able to order the piece from, and any idea on cost yet? Also, any idea what color the filter itself will be? I know it's kind of a dumb question but i've seen some blue filters before and I think that would look pretty good on my car. Thanks!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Sorry for the mistake in thinking Airaid was developing it. I just misunderstood what was going on from a couple of the different forums. Where will we be able to order the piece from, and any idea on cost yet? Also, any idea what color the filter itself will be? I know it's kind of a dumb question but i've seen some blue filters before and I think that would look pretty good on my car. Thanks!

I'm just helping with the engineering. I'm not sure what the final results will be for marketing and pricing. I'm also not sure what the color of the filter will be. Airaid make a great synthetic blue filter that could be added later if need be.

I'll know more next week. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread