SVTP GT Makes Ludicrous Power Gains : Home Brewed CAI Build

redfire03 svt

Established Member
Monsterous gains, although I would have liked to see the TQ around the same output as HP. It would generate more HP under the curve, as it only seems to hit 500rwhp around 6000rpms.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Did this make the supercharger louder? 7 psi is actually extremely impressive!

It really didn't make it all that much louder, which surprised me. If I have time I'll cut together a video to show the difference.

Monsterous gains, although I would have liked to see the TQ around the same output as HP. It would generate more HP under the curve, as it only seems to hit 500rwhp around 6000rpms.

It's just getting going at 6000RPM. It was still pulling hard with the V2.0 Intake when we let out at 7200RPM.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Incredible gains for just a CAI! Hope Magnuson includes the new intake as an acceptable modification in their warranty plan.

When are you taking it to the track for some 1/4 mile times?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Incredible gains for just a CAI! Hope Magnuson includes the new intake as an acceptable modification in their warranty plan.

When are you taking it to the track for some 1/4 mile times?

I'd like to get to the track soon, but it's hard to tell when I'll find the time. ATM the SVTP GT is tucked away in the garage while we get caught up on a few other projects.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Great article once again. Thanks alot.

ZWilson07

Established Member
Any reason you didnt stick to the orange filter lol?

I thought it looked great.

Also seems like the tune was very good and has a great curve. Seems to build its power pretty high though and alittle more race track oriented but a nice curve never the less.

try03venom

Established Member
i would like to see a 90mm BBK throttle body swap as the next mod!!!!!!!!!! I bet another 15-20rwhp

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Great article once again. Thanks alot.

Any reason you didnt stick to the orange filter lol?

I thought it looked great.

Also seems like the tune was very good and has a great curve. Seems to build its power pretty high though and alittle more race track oriented but a nice curve never the less.

The Airaid filter is bigger and made for the Airaid heatshield, so it just fit better.

The tune is rock solid. It pulls like a freight train.

I'm sure a few of the local members would help you out with with the car:)

The problem is finding time in my schedule.

i would like to see a 90mm BBK throttle body swap as the next mod!!!!!!!!!! I bet another 15-20rwhp

I want to try a bigger TB. The thing to keep in mind though is that even with the Magnuson there's still not going to be a 90mm hole behind that TB.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I'm curious as to what the limiting power of the engine is (crank, rods pistons).. your close to 700 hp at the crank with a stock long block 5.0.. The Coyote team says the forged. powdered-metal connecting rod is the least robust link in the 5.0 chain. Engineers noted it is absolutely strong enough for its naturally aspirated application in the Mustang, but just absolutely strong enough.

Read more: 2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 Coyote Engine - 5.0 Mustang & Fast Fords

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm curious as to what the limiting power of the engine is (crank, rods pistons).. your close to 700 hp at the crank with a stock long block 5.0.. The Coyote team says the forged. powdered-metal connecting rod is the least robust link in the 5.0 chain. Engineers noted it is absolutely strong enough for its naturally aspirated application in the Mustang, but just absolutely strong enough.

Read more: 2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 Coyote Engine - 5.0 Mustang & Fast Fords

Honestly, it's anyone's guess. If she goes we'll just put something better in it's place.

pretty cool and nice gains

RFM50

Established Member
Great right up again! Any plans to test just the box and open element filter compared to the stock box, with the new mass air meter tube. I am really trying to see if it's worth swapping out my stock air box for a jlt box. I have the Paxton kit which comes with a much larger mass
air meter tube. Thanks again for your great testing!

Last edited:

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Also the forged powered rods have been around for a while. I've seen stock internals with over 600rwhp last a lot longer than i would have bet on. Though some cars crap out after a few beating on those rods. It's hit or miss.

Users who are viewing this thread