SVTP GT Makes Ludicrous Power Gains : Home Brewed CAI Build

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Great right up again! Any plans to test just the box and open element filter compared to the stock box, with the new mass air meter tube. I am really trying to see if it's worth swapping out my stock air box for a jlt box. I have the Paxton kit which comes with a much larger mass
air meter tube. Thanks again for your great testing!

Thanks. I'm not sure how a setup like that would work. Can you post a pic of yours?

Very impressive gains with the CAI and looks very professional.

Also the forged powered rods have been around for a while. I've seen stock internals with over 600rwhp last a lot longer than i would have bet on. Though some cars crap out after a few beating on those rods. It's hit or miss.

It's all about how the rods are designed. The SVTP F-350 made nearly 1000RWTQ on PM rods.:uh oh:

Hector@CFM

There's a very good chance that we'll be working on that in the next few months.

Been following this thread the last few days and am excited to see the MagnaCharger kit get some highly deserved praise because it truly is a very high quality and well engineered kit. We have been enjoying the power of a 2012 MagnaCharged Mustang GT for around six months without any complaints whatsoever. We also saw substantial gains by replacing the factory airbox with a similar induction kit.

If you decide to try an aftermarket throttle body then I would like to offer one of our 90mm units for your testing: CFM 90mm Throttle Body w/ Adapter for Coyote 5.0L 2011-12 Mustang GT / Boss 302 (you won't need the adapter)

prb904.jpg

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
awesome write up

Been following this thread the last few days and am excited to see the MagnaCharger kit get some highly deserved praise because it truly is a very high quality and well engineered kit. We have been enjoying the power of a 2012 MagnaCharged Mustang GT for around six months without any complaints whatsoever. We also saw substantial gains by replacing the factory airbox with a similar induction kit.

If you decide to try an aftermarket throttle body then I would like to offer one of our 90mm units for your testing: CFM 90mm Throttle Body w/ Adapter for Coyote 5.0L 2011-12 Mustang GT / Boss 302 (you won't need the adapter)

prb904.jpg

Thanks for the offer, I'll keep it in mind for when we start the next round of mods.:beer:

RFM50

Established Member
Thanks. I'm not sure how a setup like that would work. Can you post a pic of yours?

It's all about how the rods are designed. The SVTP F-350 made nearly 1000RWTQ on PM rods.:uh oh:

aefe0129-2ad5-3c02.jpg

This is a picture from Paxton's website. I am not going to be able to get any better of a picture. The Maf tube is connected to the tube that drops from the throttle body down to the intercooler and our stock mass air meter drops into it.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
aefe0129-2ad5-3c02.jpg

This is a picture from Paxton's website. I am not going to be able to get any better of a picture. The Maf tube is connected to the tube that drops from the throttle body down to the intercooler and our stock mass air meter drops into it.

I think we have a better solution in the works than trying to make that pipe fit.:beer:

Redfire03

Established Member
I would love to see a comparison of your intake with the Airaid filter and a comparable K&N filter, kind of like what you did with the stock filter.

I know a lot of people on this forum (myself included) have aftermarket intakes that came with K&N filters. I would like to see if a difference is made when the filter element is not just a stock replacement.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I would love to see a comparison of your intake with the Airaid filter and a comparable K&N filter, kind of like what you did with the stock filter.

I know a lot of people on this forum (myself included) have aftermarket intakes that came with K&N filters. I would like to see if a difference is made when the filter element is not just a stock replacement.

If I had one of the same size I'd try it out. I'd be more interested in trying a dry (no-oil) filter.

MAGNUSON

Established Member
Please PM us if you have any questions about our products.

**Also, we will be attending Mustang Week again this year! Looking forward to seeing you there.

PushingSpokes

Established Member
Would the Steeda CAI bolt right up to the Magnachargers 90 degreee elbow? Also the Steeda CAI is only 95mm inside the MAF area would this be enough increase over the stock 80mm to create similar gains seen with this CAI?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Would the Steeda CAI bolt right up to the Magnachargers 90 degreee elbow? Also the Steeda CAI is only 95mm inside the MAF area would this be enough increase over the stock 80mm to create similar gains seen with this CAI?

I didn't have one to test out, so I can't say for certain. It looks like it may work though. If I happen to come across one I'll test fit it and let you know. 95mm probably would be enough.

PushingSpokes

Established Member
I didn't have one to test out, so I can't say for certain. It looks like it may work though. If I happen to come across one I'll test fit it and let you know. 95mm probably would be enough.

I really like this supercharger for many different reasons.

First, it's 50 state legal in stock form.

Second, it uses the TVS technology.

Third, the torque curve isn't as drastic as the FRPP or Whipple which might help with traction issues.

Fourth, my Steeda CAI might be able to bolt right onto the stock kit.

Fifth, the kit is at least a grand less than the FRPP or Whipple.

Lastly, I know someone out here in Cali who has been running this supercharger for a while now and loves it. No issues whatsoever! I don't think he can compete with the trailer queens but most production cars out here in Orange County he's able to beat, which is what I'm looking for also.

I hope you're able to find a Steeda CAI and let us know if works. Thanks again.

MAGNUSON

Established Member
I really like this supercharger for many different reasons.

First, it's 50 state legal in stock form.

Second, it uses the TVS technology.

Third, the torque curve isn't as drastic as the FRPP or Whipple which might help with traction issues.

Fourth, my Steeda CAI might be able to bolt right onto the stock kit.

Fifth, the kit is at least a grand less than the FRPP or Whipple.

Lastly, I know someone out here in Cali who has been running this supercharger for a while now and loves it. No issues whatsoever! I don't think he can compete with the trailer queens but most production cars out here in Orange County he's able to beat, which is what I'm looking for also.

I hope you're able to find a Steeda CAI and let us know if works. Thanks again.

Thank you for your support! :rockon:
I will let you know as soon as I here about the CAI.

90sslx

Established Member
nice write up, if they end up selling that sc kit with the cai with a tune like yours, i think they would steal alot of custmors from the other vendors. fit finish and hp the perfect combo. ill ck back as i am in the market and as of yet am still up in the air. though i have a 13 and the timing cover no longer has all those ribs so i dont know if i would need to mod it

Last edited:

m1215

Established Member
is this kit going to be available for a 2013 gt soon? see it listed for 12 but im not sure of the changes from 12 to 13.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
nice write up, if they end up selling that sc kit with the cai with a tune like yours, i think they would steal alot of custmors from the other vendors. fit finish and hp the perfect combo. ill ck back as i am in the market and as of yet am still up in the air. though i have a 13 and the timing cover no longer has all those ribs so i dont know if i would need to mod it

I'm actually working on the production model of the CAI today. Looks like it will be out in a month or so.

is this kit going to be available for a 2013 gt soon? see it listed for 12 but im not sure of the changes from 12 to 13.

I see no reason why the blower would not bolt on to a 2013. They probably just haven't updated their site.

m1215

Established Member
thanks for the info sid297. i thought the kit would be same except for the tune. im not sure what if anything changed in the tune. i will give them a call.

Users who are viewing this thread