SVT blew off my warrenty because of my plugs. I lost it at the dealer!

NightEnforcer

Established Member
Evil SS, you are my kinda guy. This is BS. They are not red. The tint comes from the burning of the fuel aditives in the gas included at the refinery. Do a search on the internet regarding this and similiar topics. If they do not resolve it to your liking it is court time. Sometimes costly, but they will settle up. Remember over 90% of all civil suits settle before trial.

DPS

Established Member
O.K. guys. I don't mean to be stupid but, why can't we use octain booster. Not that I want to, but why would this void a warranty??? Does this mean that if a use a can of fuel injector cleaner that my warranty is void?:dw:

I must be one of the lucky ones. My experience with the dealer here in indy has been good both with the salesman and the service department.:)

The next time you go to your service department, you might want to wear one of these ":burn: "

Evil SS

Established Member
Should I ask for a new motor? The dealer gave me a full tank of 89 octane gas. So I'll complain now about it then when my motor blows because of my soon to be KB, ill say that there first tank of gas shortend the life of my motor. I wish we had the same laws as the 1800s, you could go in there and shoot the place up with your top loader six shooter and be justified.

SNAKESWINGER

Established Member
I tell you what this whole thread seems kinda fishy to me. If all you said is true and it happened to me I certainly would have posted the dealers name, the techs name, the service managers name, and the general managers name. I certainly would want to give credit where credit is due. You spent lots of time typing your rants in this thread but for what? To inflame other people. Lets see some facts, dates, times, people you delt with. That might help you get this resolved.

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
Originally posted by DPS
Does this mean that if a use a can of fuel injector cleaner that my warranty is void?:dw:

I wouldnt use any kind of fuel additives.. period.. they really have no use and really dont work. If you ever have to get your fuel injectors cleaned, take it to the dealership, they run the professional Injector cleaner solution and its tapped into the fuel rail, so it goes 100% solution into cleaning the injectors and not diluted by mixing in with the normal gas when thrown in your gas tank, like the store bought crap. Ofcourse the trip your inertia switch so the pump shuts off while the solution is being used.

I have all my SVT training and most of my Ford training courses/classrooms. I think this red plug issue is complete BS. I bet the tech doesnt know why the car is surging and looking for an excuse to stop working on it. If you think about it, he probably has spent alot of time working on it and cant pin-point test what the problem is, so how much does he get paid for working on it all that time? NOTHING! Ford techs work on flat-rate hours.

I seen it happen in our shop, techs sometime get pissed off cause they cant fix something or cant find the problem, that they blame it something, aftermarket exhaust, intake kits, etc...

I am sorry to hear about your problem. I have a couple of questions for you aswell... Any more dealerships you can take your car to? How many miles on the car? I ask this cause, if you are basically just taking your cars to shows and such, not running the engine to operation temperature and shutting the engine off, this can be the cause of your plugs showing as they are. Just like when cars are at the dealership lot, they sit for periods of time, they move them to different spots and never reach operation temps, so the plugs foul out and such

I hope you resolve your problem soon.. You must keep your cool though when talking to any kind of Ford reps, managers, service advisors, techs, etc.. they will help you out alot more if you are cool about it.. I know its frustrating but try and keep it cool.

One more thing...If they give you such a hard time about your plugs, buy a new set of plugs take to different dealership and have them look at it. changing out plugs on Cobras are such a painless job. I know you shouldnt have to spen money out of your pocket being that the spec is most likely normal, but thats just an obsticle you cant get over easily

Onelfastlride

Established Member
Bill,

A picture I found, this is what is looks like when you run an octane booster. By the way, most off the shelf octane boosters will do absolutely nothing. I forget the calculations off the top of my head, I'm sure you could search or maybe someone else knows, but to raise the octane a point or two would take much more then a little bottle.

Notice the extreme difference in insulator color.

Last edited:

DPS

Established Member
It's a little off topic but how often should you have the dealer clean the injectors 03blownsnake.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Originally posted by SNAKESWINGER
I tell you what this whole thread seems kinda fishy to me. If all you said is true and it happened to me I certainly would have posted the dealers name, the techs name, the service managers name, and the general managers name. I certainly would want to give credit where credit is due. You spent lots of time typing your rants in this thread but for what? To inflame other people. Lets see some facts, dates, times, people you delt with. That might help you get this resolved.

Like I said it wasnt up to the dealer about this this is what SVT told the tech. I filed a complaint with the service manager and about SVT dealings with the tech and working on my Motor. ANd this complaint is get a hold of the Rep. The Service Manager was tying to keep me cool and said the Rep should contact me bye mon or tues. PRETTY SLOW when they can stop work on my car at my expense, I'll stop bitching about them, We will see what happens, I know there is now way in heck they can refuse to work on my engine problems.

I was really over upset yesterday last night & filed a Better Busness Bural complaint ( yes I know they dont do much ) its Just the thought that if they waste my time over such a stupid descision that will be changed, And coulnt take care of it when my car was there, Then I will call Gov depts for complaint. I also registerd a complaint with the FORD 1 800 # the service dept gave me against FORD and the SVT dealer information line.

Before I start putting banners up on the dealer that seems to be at least agruing on my side about continuing work on the problem, I do not want to slam there work What counts is how I feel they are dealing with me. And I am not happy with Fords SVT dealer assistance line! there the ones that discontinue to authorise any work.

We will see what next week brings. I dont like getting everyone upset! But when this happend there was no way I was gonna wait for few day outcome before I told my friends.

Thanks for the pic Onefastride. And Platimumcobra I alread went to the station where I buy about 85% of my gas from and got phone #'s to call and see what I can get for info of there additives

I thought the same thing about there additives . WHen I talk to this Area rep I want to be able to have lots of info make it overly stupid and not give him a fighting chance, rather than standing there stupid and listening to what he say the getting ahold of him with rebuttles.

This should be simple case Even our Customer techline said this shouldnt have happened.

Im pretty calm today lol. Thanks everyone for finding me stuff to use for next week this forum is very helpful when you need it!!

Last edited:

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
Originally posted by DPS
It's a little off topic but how often should you have the dealer clean the injectors 03blownsnake.

It depends on how much you drive. Its recommend it about every 30k. Its not to expensive to do either. I think we charge like 69.99 or something like that to do it

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
This is the only ford I will ever buy. I only bought the cobra because of it's bang for the buck value. All ford vehicles are crap except for the cobra(only because svt built it). Ford's service also sucks when compared to other brands. My subaru dealership does work for free on my 94 subaru justy all the time(and it hasn't been under warranty for 6 years!!!).

hmwave

Established Member
I pulled my plugs today to fit NGK's.
Two of my plugs had exactly the same red blush on one side like the ones that resulted in denial of warranty.
My car has not had ANY octane booster ever.

I'd sign an affidavit for you to say my plugs were red without octane booster if that helped.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by RSXFMCJWR
This is the only Ford I will ever buy. I only bought the Cobra because of it's bang for the buck value. All Ford vehicles are crap except for the cobra(only because svt built it). Ford's service also sucks when compared to other brands. My subaru dealership does work for free on my 94 subaru justy all the time(and it hasn't been under warranty for 6 years!!!).
Well, I have no complaints about my own dealer (they're first class folks), but I'll honestly say that from all the stuff I've heard about Ford and Ford vehicles in general this is probably my first and last Ford product. I originally was going to buy a Lexus RX300. I'll probably eventually go with back to my first choice. :rollseyes

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Originally posted by hmwave
I pulled my plugs today to fit NGK's.
Two of my plugs had exactly the same red blush on one side like the ones that resulted in denial of warranty.
My car has not had ANY octane booster ever.

I'd sign an affidavit for you to say my plugs were red without octane booster if that helped.

Is there anyway you can take a digital pic for me?

And also guys yes I was mad yesterday. But if i had to do it all over again I would have done one thing different? YES

Buy my ZAINO right off, heck yea I'd buy the same car with the darn vibe Im working on yet, even the studder on take off and the rough idle. Its one heck of a car. I knew when I bought it there was a chance of problems Actually kinda expected there was gonna be somthing, Mainly they know lots of people do mod the cars and it is a HP car.

What reminded me of that again was todays Car show. A old Hemi sitting next to me. Had a very small sticker on pass window about warrenty and how it basically wasnt any good on this car, the 60 sec or 60 ft rule.

I'll buy the car again.

Thanks to this forum I learned from everyone else, so I stay away from problems well at least I though I did for the most part.

Last edited:

DPS

Established Member
The only and last ford??? Wow. Thats harsh. But I guess I can't blame you.:rollseyes Where do you guys live that the dealerships are so bad.

For what it's worth, I have owned several fords over the years and in truth I have been very pleased with all, especially my old 86 GT. Never had warrenty issues and in fact only had two of the last five vehicles in for warrenty work. Stupid stuff of course, one had a small water leak, and the other had problems warping rotors. My 90 cougar went 230,000.00 miles before I sold it and the only drive train fixtures replaced was the U-joints ( other than normal service items such as brake pads etc...). My current family vehicle is a 98 explorer with 121,000 miles - no problems - and a 99 F-250 super duty diesel with 130,000 miles and again, no troubles. I even have the F-250 chipped. It's sad to see you guys have to fight these stupid ass dealers and svt techs over problems that are obviously FORD and not driver induced ----- or at least most problems are not driver induced:rolleyes: Obviously these spark plugs for example are not a driver induced problem. Just a lousy SVT tech that has no clue about customer relations.

Sorry so wordy, but I have had some really good reliable fords and this whole thing is just frustrating to a loyal (obviously) ford guy like me.:nonono:

cobrastan4

Established Member
Spark plugs

:??: Damn Bud , There is no doubt this one hit a nerve . Some one threw the switch on this one . Sounds like everyone was going by SOME book , but failed to get the correct facts . I believe some one won't fess-up to a kneejerk decision that was premature . 03 BloenSNAKE HAS SOME VERY GOOD INFO . It was way back in 72 , after a he said she said , we don't know , they should have , I wrote a letter to the desk of Lee Iacoca [ then President of Ford ] Ford sent a man in a suit fifty miles to knock on the door . The issue was discussed and corrected . That letter hit their nerve ! Iacoca is not there , but the desk still is . I sent mine registered mail . This hits home especially since meeting you and the wife at woodward , the e-mails , and your input on the forum . Cool down , wright a stern letter with the facts you have shared with the forum . I believe you are standing on firm ground not trying to ho-do anyone and that will give you a fair deal from Bill Ford . Give it a shot . Stan:beer:

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Thanks you know where I was comming from and yet where This problem should end.

Did u realy send a letter registerd mail? That was one dang good idea, Obvioulsy Next steps from the area rep should fix this problem or make me jump to the top (I wonder where I just got that idea from lol)

You & the wife still having a blast with that car!

silvercoffin

Established Member
no more fords

i think its really funny how ford blames the dealers and the dealer blame ford and at the same time Ford is giving shops free cars to modify and write about in magazines! and then voids are warrenties for any little thing we have done! Pretty fffed up if you ask me.

I will not buy another FOrd ever after what I have heard first hand, experienced myself and read here on the net. Sad fact is that all car makes seem to have similar BS going on. I guess Ill have to go high end (BMW, mercedes etc) if im ever going to buy another new car. Or just keep buying them used so I NEVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH A DEALERSHIP AGAIN They are all freakin criminals.

I love my car, but would never bring it to a Ford dealer for service again. I would try if something catastrophic happened....before paying to have the engine rebuiilt or something...but my service experiences at three sep dealers has SUCKED... and I dont chalk it up as a bad dealer experience. ITS FORD whether its the dealer service or quality issues...either one...ITS STILL FORD that is the problem.

Its amazing how they play the blame game and get away with it.

ALSO if they were having some of these issues with their main stream cars you can bet there would be recalls...not just TSBs for all their mistakes.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
I wouldnt let this forum or any other forum make a differance to what you think. You have to be there to see the facts. I would go by your own dealings. Somtimes a good customer is really taken care of and so on. Same with a new customer then you here them say I will never switch.

Your right about all the car companies. And IMO There is a problem with the net. You find out evey problem instantly, like mine. No time for resolving and hear about how maybe great everthing turned out. (fingers crossed) and how it makes me a ford guy forever, You might hear bad stuff and move on but the crap sticks with you.

I think the net sucks for the cars in many way such as pricing even our values, how they drop. The collectables how fast they increase one guy sells suddenly there all up!

Food for thought some of the high end cars are not modified aftermarket like these Cobras and wont run into the problems we have. If all the cars were left stock never tuned, Im sure there would be some differances in warrenty.

Thats ok, I knew I was buying a high performance car. Still loved the hell out of it.

Like today with wife as she was going threw the gears LOL. Man that woman puts the pedal down. God be with ya if you ever drive in the Cobra with her. I see her crack a smile when the supercharger boost kicks in.

BTW I try not to be a warrenty bug. I take care of the car myself I enjoy doing it. Just the EEC stuff, tires and rear ends are cost prohibative to do. Actaully I would put them in myself if they let me.

Users who are viewing this thread