SVT blew off my warrenty because of my plugs. I lost it at the dealer!

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
Some of these posts make me laugh...
You seriously think that other companies dont have these problems? That they dont void peoples warranties due to modifications? That they dont disrespect customers? and so on, and so on... I can go on all night.

Every company has its problems. I bet Vettes, Vipers, Lambos, Porshe, etc etc have their problems too. BUT, think of this... Cobras are alot more common then probably all those cars combined. Someone is due to have a problematic car. Look at all the people that hasnt had any problems, they probably still outnumber the rest of the cars I mentioned above

I better stop drinking, its making me think to damn much.. is that weird? :lol: :beer:

davidmax

Established Member
Chev's service always looks the other way even on my 7 litre twin turbo.I brought it in for a wheel bearing and they replaced both rear,removed my T-1 sways bars and greased the bushings and did a 4 wheel laser alignment all under warrantty.
Lasst week one of our Xtreme M.Sports TT kits installed in our shop was test driven by a 20 year old tech and he totaled it a 100 mph.They were very appologetic but offred to fix it only.He will bring it down from San Diego and have us check out the final repair and there loaning him a Vette in the mean time I would have wanted a new car Johnny on the spot!!!
I know well have to do at least a partial turbo repair and it would be cheaper for him to get am 03' Z06 and put a new TT kit on,Dave Smilovic.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Originally posted by 03BlownSnake
Some of these posts make me laugh...
You seriously think that other companies dont have these problems? That they dont void peoples warranties due to modifications? That they dont disrespect customers? and so on, and so on... I can go on all night.

Every company has its problems. I bet Vettes, Vipers, Lambos, Porshe, etc etc have their problems too. BUT, think of this... Cobras are alot more common then probably all those cars combined. Someone is due to have a problematic car. Look at all the people that hasnt had any problems, they probably still outnumber the rest of the cars I mentioned above

I better stop drinking, its making me think to damn much.. is that weird? :lol: :beer:

yea what he said shit I better stop drinking to lol

COBRA32

Established Member
My buddy got one of those New Duramax Chevys and his motor blow up with just 3000 miles on it and his dealer ;get this said if you would have been pulling a trailer when the motor gave up then you would get a new motor, but since you you were not pulling anything we have to rebuild it. So the stupid stuff happens everywhere. I known the SVT tech at my Dealer very well and they bend over backwards to make me happy. I had the Vibe when I first got the car. They went thru the trouble of having me test drive another Cobra to see if I felt the Vibe and Used that cars driveshaft to fix my vibe thats what I call service. So there are good dealers out there you just have to find them. My dealer even put 10 dollars of gas in my car for my troubles. The Svt tech worked for Chevy in the past and told me of some horror storys on what chevy did to customers, so as I said the grass is not always greener on the other side you just have to find a nice shade tree to set under on the side your on.

COBRA32

Established Member
Also hope Cobra10thaniv you get your problem with the dealer and Ford fixed to your satisfaction. If you were not so far away I would suggest my dealer.

bond99

Established Member
Hey Cobra10th-don't you believe for one f***ing minute that its NOT THE DEALERSHIP giving you a hassel-I'm the guy who got the warantee voided for not having enough tred depth.-after taking 2 weeks for them to close my work order(after I mentioned lawyer)-I get it back to see this quote "customer had all 4 tires worn down to the cords"-when the car went in I only had three tires on it-not a sliver of metal is showing and the tires are still on the car. I got a flat in my drive and changed it before I went to the dealership, and left the flat in the garage-i guess my dealership has ESP or something-service manager didn't even have the balls to come out and face me in response to this-thats O.K. my lawyers actually said this looks real good as far as monetary rembursement is concerned-I'll keep everyone up to date.---good luck

Originally posted by Cobra10thaniv
Sorry but even seeing your name enrages me today. BTW I called SVT customer service registered a complaint against ford and against the SVT dealer tech line. NOT against the dealer cause he could only do what they would warrenty. ALso they took a digital pic of the plug they send it email or somthing. They used the same digital cam for warrenty of my windshield that is delaminating. Yea that was covered.

Last edited:

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
If it wasn't for my local dealer's great service department, I wouldn't ever own a Ford, especially after reading the horror stories in this forum.

Fortunately, my dealerships service department is one of the top 10 in the country, so they say, and I'm pretty sure they're right.

I've owned three Mustangs in my life, all serviced at this place and they NEVER gave me a hassle about anything. So far, they have always tried their best to fix EVERY problem. Sometimes they need a little persuading (like with my popping rear-end), but they usually pursue a problem to resolution. Granted, it's the service managers who work there that should take credit for this. They clearly strive to be the best. If they weren't around, I'd probably be driving a BMW M3 or Subaru Sti.

Now, on the flip-side, they are not nearly as good as my local Acura dealer. When I bring in the Acura for repairs, they always finish in less than a day, and ALWAYS fix the problem the first time. I've NEVER had to bring the Acura in multiple times for the same problem. Granted, Ford moves a lot more product than Acura, but they should still strive to be better.

Good customer service is paramount IMO. If they keep denying warranty work and keep playing these idiotic games, they will lose customers permanently. They are NOTHING without a good support infrastructure. Making cuts in this area is just bad for everyone, especially Ford.

Last edited:

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
Originally posted by OldSkoolMC
It's not called poor customer service from FORD. It's the dealers you guys are dealing with. My dealer would fix my car if I had mods on it. My car hasn't had any problems that "some" people are reporting. Sounds like the dealers you're dealing with are filled with monk techs that don't know what they are doing. Why would the dealer need to call SVT in the first place? If there is a defective part they order it and replace it.

Ford has to call SVT to auth. any repair over a certain amount. If they do not have Auth. they do not get paid. I have delt with 4 dealers and they all suck. Wait. The last one was ok. They did not dick me around. They just refered me to SVT. The others were always saying that the problem would be fixed.. Never fixed.. Sent off my paperwork to the Dispute settlement Board. Ford Dealerships suck. All dealerships suck. A friend is having a simular issue with his Lexus... What happened to techs that can Trouble Shoot an issue and fix it. If a damn computer does not see something wrong the tech reports that all is ok.. Stupid losers. OK, I am done ranting... :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: Can you tell I hate dealers? I worked with Mark at SVT, not too bad a guy. they can do about nothing though. You have to get a regional SVT engineer out. He makes the final desision..

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
Nope Seen the sheet myself the tech had from his svt training and diesal training that they dont have to anymore the customer has to prove it didnt hurt it, He said they were even trained that on trucks changing the wheels or tires voids the warrenty, customer has to prove otherwise, I seen his copy myself in black and white.

That's against the law.

With the trucks, even more so because the dealer cannot void a warrantee for using a different than factory part that is not a durable part, such as tires, oil, brake pads, gas, and air filter as long as the replacement part meets or exceeds factory specs (IE, Ford can't say that you must use Exxon Premium fuel only).

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Originally posted by Sonic 03 Cobra
That's against the law.

With the trucks, even more so because the dealer cannot void a warrantee for using a different than factory part that is not a durable part, such as tires, oil, brake pads, gas, and air filter as long as the replacement part meets or exceeds factory specs (IE, Ford can't say that you must use Exxon Premium fuel only).

It was carefully worded, But made mention of tires and wheels Somehow the customer proving they didnt cause problems. I meant that as keeping to the same size of tires and rims. I cant qoute the doc. and couldnt get a copy of it. But thats what they were saying in basic terms

SStupid

Established Member
Consumables

Supposedly, Ford can only make you use certain brands/types of consumable parts if they provide them for free. We know that will never happen, so we can go on using K&N drop-in filters with no hassle.

I'm sorry about your problems, 10th. I've had my share of issues, as well, but my dealership has been great to me. Thanks, Lance.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
The orginal dealer I bought the car from is to far away for me to take the car there on any reg basis to fix anything I dont have a problem with them. The dealer the car is at now I want to wait to see how much they get on my side. The tech wasnt happy with the response he got out of the SVT tech line. I will wait to see and let everyone know what happens. I have repeatedly said that I am not holding the dealer resposible at this point in anyway. Its the SVT dealer tech line that stoped any further work. I know some are saying its the dealer fault but you have to see and hear what I am. And I dont want to burn the only one on my side with ford.

And still no call from the Area rep though.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
The orginal dealer I bought the car from is to far away for me to take the car there on any reg basis to fix anything I dont have a problem with them. The dealer the car is at now I want to wait to see how much they get on my side. The tech wasnt happy with the response he got out of the SVT tech line. I will wait to see and let everyone know what happens. I have repeatedly said that I am not holding the dealer resposible at this point in anyway. Its the SVT dealer tech line that stoped any further work. I know some are saying its the dealer fault but you have to see and hear what I am. And I dont want to burn the only one on my side with ford.

And still no call from the Area rep though.
I can appreciate that, BUT the fact your tech told SVT that you have red spots on plugs makes me wonder at just how competent he is. As in most fields of employment I have found that 90% of the people in a given field are in it simply because it pays the bills. I do what I do because I genuinly enjoy it and when I find someone who takes their work seriously I will stick with them. I have a friend like that, he is a mechanic AND an enthusiast (unfortunatly doesnt work for ford anymore) but the fact your dealer tech doesnt know what plugs look like that have had octane boost added worries me.

JMD0346

Established Member
It was carefully worded, But made mention of tires and wheels Somehow the customer proving they didnt cause problems. I meant that as keeping to the same size of tires and rims. I cant qoute the doc. and couldnt get a copy of it. But thats what they were saying in basic terms

Probably meant like 44" super swampers and the like. I could see how that would effect drive line parts.

As far as cobras, I never had a problem. I had a rearend, two tranmissions and a engine put in the 97 with no problem from svt or the dealer. I do have a very good relationship with the owner and the service guys though so Im sure that helped..

With all the things Im hearing about warrentys on 03's Im still scared to take it in. It needs an oil change but I hate to take it to the dealer.:shrug:

Oh yeah. I dont see how octane booster has a damn thing to do with warranty. If anything it would help on a blown car. I think they are just looking for any reason they can to void warrantys.

Last edited:

JMD0346

Established Member
I have a theory about this. Ford knows what magazines we look at, what websites we frequent and how we mod cars. They introduced the 03 with a big burnout as well as loaned a car to MM&FF to ring out. Allowing them to change the "PULLEY" and use "SLICKS"!!!!

IMHO this has "setup" wrote all over it. They wanted us to see what the car was really capable of knowing most of us would follow suit.

I think someone on here( who ever is most qualified) should write a letter to svt to explain our feelings on this. Then send something signed by everybody on here with a 03 and any other site that wants to get involved. I think it would get some attention.

Anyone... anyone?

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by JMD0346
I think someone on here( who ever is most qualified) should write a letter to svt to explain our feelings on this. Then send something signed by everybody on here with a 03 and any other site that wants to get involved. I think it would get some attention.

Anyone... anyone?
We already bought the cars, mission accomplished in their eyes. You can also bet many of the common issues we see here will likely not even get addressed until most of us are out of warranty as well. Simply put, we are screwed. Your best bet is to find a dealer willing to work with you.

Users who are viewing this thread