SVT blew off my warrenty because of my plugs. I lost it at the dealer!

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
There are ones of you out there that know me and know what a nut I am about the car and what a stock dyno queen the car is. How I want to keep it stock and dont even have the dang air filter changed.

That when I bought the car my reasons was for fun of bringing around to shows. I do 1 to 2 shows a weekend yes that many.

My car is a blk 10th anniv vert stocker.

Ok if you guys have followed me I have had problems with it since the day i picked it up VIB and rough idle, surging at low speed, They wouldnt work on it because they said it need to break in. Just let it settle in.

Ok bring it back for the laundry list of problems. seat, vert top seal, door seal, idle, surging,cowel stains, hood blanket, vert boot stained. BTW this was written up before i drove off the lot when purchased.

ok most were worked on. vibe they coulnt fig out idle or surge they couldnt fig out and vert top fit.

Bring it to a new dealer, they install new tires 3, and new rear pumkin "still vibe" and then they work on the idle again and surging.

Ok I tell the the tech that the first tech wouldn pull the plugs when new or when brought in the other time, Said he couldnt be authorised to pull a plug since the 2 cyls that showed up low on the test unit only showed those 2 cyl were dropping out 15 to 18% and they need 20 % to be paid for it,

This tech ends up pulling one of the plug that show low on the enging balance test.

My car has been in the shop on the 4 time for this with that said he pulled the plug and called SVT dealer tech line. Told them it looked like there was slight red on the insulator, as he was trouble shooting and asking for the next steps!.

SVT STOP WORKING ON THE MOTOR THE CUSTOMER HAS USED OCTANG BOOSTER. ANY MORE WORK DONE TO THE MOTOR IS TO BE DONE AT OWNERS EXPENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIRST OF ALL I HAVE NEVER REPEAT NEVER F-CKING USED OCTANG BOOSTER. I BUY 98% ONE STATION 92 NO ETHONOL AND THE OTHER GOING TO THE SHOW 92 ETHONOL ENRICHED
ONE TANK OF 93 ETHONOL FROM TOM THUMB ETH ENRICHED.

I DONT RACE THE CAR, IM THE NUT HERE THAT HAS HIS CAR ON THE LIFT AND WAXES THE BOTTOM THE CAR AFTER EVERY WEEKEND, I CHANGE OIL EVERY 500 MILES,

DO YOU BELIEVE THIS STUPID F-CKING SH-T!!!!! I was just looking at buying a brand new Fx4 to pull the car around, Hell NO NOW

Oh yea I bitched so much about the plug not being red they pulled a plug on a Ranger that was sitting right there in a bay across GUESS WHAT THAT PLUG WAS REDDER THAN MINE. I ASKED THEN IS THE GUY IN THE RANGER ALSO USING OCTAN BOOSTER? Then they said well I guess he might then cause thats what the plug shows.

oh man guys WTF me mr stock bring it to the show guy

here is the pick of my RED OCTANG INFESTED PLUGS the reason they dont want to work on my motor under warrenty now!!

BTW I need the pics from net work gu roo or somone on here that really did have red plugs from octang booster SO that i can prove this isnt in my engine.

For those of you who think Ford has to prove that this hurt my engine WRONG the tech showed me a letter from his last SVT training where its changed around where the Buyer or customer has to show where the mod or what ever didn hurt the car.

Sorry about the spelling and everthing Ive been so flippend mad all day!

rmoreau

Established Member
shit, my stock plugs were redder than that, and I never used octane booster!!

And even if you did? how would that cause any issue? these cars run so rich anyway, the stock program wouldnt use the extra stuff anyway.

Id call SVT

1-800-FOR-DSVT

Randy

Evil SS

Established Member
The more I read about FORD and the poor build, warranty, treatment of buyers, quailty of the car ect... ect... ect...ect.... The more I am worried and even starting to regret buying a FORD. I have never been treated like this at any Chevy Dealer with any of my many Vetts/Camaro. I even had motor work covered by warranty with a car that I had LT headers bolt on's ect. The motor was over revved and bent a push rod. It was replaced no questions asked. Shame on Ford and shame on me for giving them my business. Again, thank god this car will only be left stock for 10K miles or the spring. FORD = Poor customer service, Lack of addmitting they have turned out a poor dangerous product.

LCCOBRA

Established Member
wow

THat's crazy:cuss:, they sound like a dealership that does'nt want to do warrantie work. Ok one speck on a spark plug does not mean that your useing Octang Booster. Tell them their full of sh*t and go to another dealership. I rember I called around to find the most mode fridenly dealership befor I took her in for the first oil change. I would take this to court or talk to svt? Did you say svt told the dealership to stop working on your car at their expence? Also, if it was writen up that the car had these problims befor you even bought the car then their's a no brainer then they know somthing is wrong with it and it's not your fault. That just sux man.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Originally posted by HIGH OCTANE
Hearing shit like this makes me want to sell mine and NEVER buy a Ford again.

Sorry but even seeing your name enrages me today. BTW I called SVT customer service registered a complaint against ford and against the SVT dealer tech line. NOT against the dealer cause he could only do what they would warrenty. ALso they took a digital pic of the plug they send it email or somthing. They used the same digital cam for warrenty of my windshield that is delaminating. Yea that was covered.

OldSkoolMC

Ruler of SmackDown
Established Member
Originally posted by Evil SS
FORD = Poor customer service, Lack of addmitting they have turned out a poor dangerous product.

It's not called poor customer service from FORD. It's the dealers you guys are dealing with. My dealer would fix my car if I had mods on it. My car hasn't had any problems that "some" people are reporting. Sounds like the dealers you're dealing with are filled with monk techs that don't know what they are doing. Why would the dealer need to call SVT in the first place? If there is a defective part they order it and replace it.

03CobraFreak

Established Member
First of all let me say this, I LOVE my 03 Cobra. I was on my way to buy a Z06 when I happened to stop off and test drive a Cobra I had heard so much about, and bought it. I had warranty on my last two vettes and had NO problems with warranty work at all. In fact they went above and beyond the call of duty. I can't lie, the build quality was better on my vettes as well. As I said, I love my Cobra and have no intension of getting rid of it, but I sure am scared about having any warranty work done on it with everything I've been reading lately.

Bone Stock SVT

Originally posted by Cobra10thaniv
Sorry but even seeing your name enrages me today. BTW I called SVT customer service registered a complaint against ford and against the SVT dealer tech line. NOT against the dealer cause he could only do what they would warrenty. ALso they took a digital pic of the plug they send it email or somthing. They used the same digital cam for warrenty of my windshield that is delaminating. Yea that was covered.

Sorry man. I just changed it yesterday too.........weird. Might have to change it again.

Your situation is complete nonsense. I would be very supprised if it doesn't end up getting resolved in your favor quickly. You will most likely have to deal with it through the weekend though. I feel for you bro but get on the phone with SVT and FORD ASAP.

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
The dealer and SVT can say they are voiding your waranty all they want in the end they still have to prove abuse and in your case that sound like it would be impossible.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Re: wow

Originally posted by LCCOBRA
THat's crazy:cuss:, they sound like a dealership that does'nt want to do warrantie work. Ok one speck on a spark plug does not mean that your useing Octang Booster. Tell them their full of sh*t and go to another dealership. I rember I called around to find the most mode fridenly dealership befor I took her in for the first oil change. I would take this to court or talk to svt? Did you say svt told the dealership to stop working on your car at their expence? Also, if it was writen up that the car had these problims befor you even bought the car then their's a no brainer then they know somthing is wrong with it and it's not your fault. That just sux man.

Im called the customer service and then also had to work threw the service manager and have him call the area rep suppose to get a call probably by TUES for one this is BS if they can stop warrenty work on the spot then they can email the Area rep of there pics with digital camera,

And there not talking about the SPECK there talking about that SLIGHT redish area that is on insulater only 1/16 around the dia you can barly see it The dealer wants to do the work just the tech was going step by step and had allot of other things he was going to try but SVT DEALER TECH LINE said SVT will not athorise any more work to my motor as soon as they seen this red.

Anther dealer doesnt matter they call up SVT theyknow the car by SN #

Evil SS

Established Member
GM, DCX, and otheres have control over dealeships. If anyone says otherwise you are fools. If a dealer gets multiple complaints they have many options to rectify the situation. Lean on Ford, they should lean on the dealer.

There are many things about my Cobra that I like and many that I dont. The clunk, Stalling, noisy rattling sound from trans(most likly pilot bearing) window makes noise going down already. My F body didnt have any poblems, nome other than poor crome rims upfitted from SLP that they replaced twice for something as little as one small pitted area.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Originally posted by 03cobrablack
The dealer and SVT can say they are voiding your waranty all they want in the end they still have to prove abuse and in your case that sound like it would be impossible.

Nope Seen the sheet myself the tech had from his svt training and diesal training that they dont have to anymore the customer has to prove it didnt hurt it, He said they were even trained that on trucks changing the wheels or tires voids the warrenty, customer has to prove otherwise, I seen his copy myself in black and white.

I know I will win Just need to tell everone what the heck is going on,

The SVT hotline was real cool helped me cool down allot,

I mean really guys a show car and I change my oil every 500 miles
and they wont work on the motor unless I pay for it,

You think it has to do with that stall and lawsuit. SVT keeps asking if my car stalls I tell them no and the tech said the same I DO NOT COMPLAIN OF STALL. Maybe the thread is BS I hope it is but maybe has to do with step up of warrenty denials?????????????????????

rb185afm

Established Member
Wow that sucks. I love my Cobra. But I have to say I never had a problem with warrenty work with my Camaro. Hell I put in a cam, had a 5 inch tach on the dash, and they still did warrenty work for me at the local GM dealer.

Evil SS

Established Member
Again, class action lawsuit.

My state is very customer friendly. Wouldn't fly in IL.

Here is a interesting true story. Friend of mine took there M3 to be serviced. Saw the car that day on the road. Tech was beating the piss out of it. Got on the phone and called the police. Reported the car stolen. They went to the dealer and aressted the tech! and service manager. Later filed a lawsuit aganst the dealer. Don't take shit from these people. EVER!!! Yell scream, whatever it takes. I reward good service with repeat business, trust and referals. I will not be taken advantage of.

03DOHC

Established Member
I wasn't aware ford could change the law by simply reprinting it anyway they choose?

That spec is just a deposit from the gas. That's some stupid shit.

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
I wasn't aware ford could change the law by simply reprinting it anyway they choose?

That spec is just a deposit from the gas. That's some stupid shit.

exactly the paper they showed you was a Ford document,That does not make it law or binding.:nonono:

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
The dealer tech is just doing what hes told though its out of his hands he sent in a digital pic and told him the other things he was planning to do wouldnt be covered by warrenty. Not the dealers fault its SVT
there the ones that said stop

Believe me everyone knew when I blew up and was yelling that I paid 44,300 bucks for a F-cking car and from day one it didnt work and documented and tell me to drive it now that I drive it they tellme cause i was using somthing. They wont win! Just ticks me off that its has to happen this way!!

Users who are viewing this thread