SVT blew off my warrenty because of my plugs. I lost it at the dealer!

jtfx6552

Established Member
I know this has already been asked, but not answered, I know it wasn't used in this case, but, why would octane booster be a reason to void the warranty?

Assuming this get to some some sort of arbitration, or court, what will Fords rational be for saying octane booster voids the warranty? "Umm, your honor, based on these barely visivle little red specs, the car may have had more than the recommended octane of 92....."

Last edited:

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Originally posted by jtfx6552
I know this has already been asked, but not answered, I know it wasn't used in this case, but, why would octane booster be a reason to void the warranty?

Assuming this get to some some sort of arbitration, or court, what will Fords rational be for saying octane booster voids the warranty? "Umm, your honor, based on these barely visivle little red specs, the car may have had more than the recommended octane of 92....."

I have idea but its only a idea. First of all that document I read that my tech had. I know now ford doesnt want to pay out a dime more for customer relation warrenty. If you every had a car in the past you seen where they replaced things they didnt need to. I seen this when they first started to fix the problems on delivery like a loose molding they replaced the whole thing for a loose screw. INCREASE IN BS REPLACEMENTs end up raising the whole cost of the warrenty work. Thus the cause for that document I read,

Ok then I believe that trying to reduce cost Just like every other company they start doing automatic denials almost. My tech was trying to get the problem fixed with the idle and surging when calling for advice, They asked him what the plugs looked like he said good with the small amount of deposit with redish tint, They used one of those ford warrenty digital camera's Its set right up to dial and send to ford. Its not like ours so to speak, Its there warrenty claim cam. MY tech wanted to throw more plugs in the car since I told him first tech noticed drop in cyl 1,2,5 drop in cyl balance by 15 to 18% So durning SVTs talk and looking at pics thats what they told my tec. My Tech doesnt agree folks doesnt seem like people are catching that. But also my tech isnt in the position to keep working on the car at gratus either. He told me how to complain and showed me he has other things he can do. When theylet him continue.

I think svt does this Because our cars are High performance and they know 1 either we wont persue or 2 they send a field rep out and look at our cars for mods. It seems like most people do have mods. They use this warrenty rep to look the car over seperate those folks.

There are alot of people out there that want both out of our cars to mod them and have warrenty, I think ford is really trying to make sure they seperate these folks. The car is high performance already and is riding a fine line to make it last, Remember the articles Ford make this high performance engine but also with a warrenty, All the changes they had to do like the block to make it strong enought to last threw the warrenty..

When I met the The main Quality engineer at the Remeo Engine plant and talk with him for 3/4 of a hour he told me how close these engines are made tested to last. But if you want them to last the only thing to do was the exhaust to wake them up. I think the key thing here is last what he was trying to say. All the mods work but try to get a 100,000 mile engine out of those #'s He said there has been more hours logged on testing and dialing them in than I could believe, So he implied the exhaust is what is the best way to wake it up if a person was doing somthing but the others take there toll with problems and issues.

I think that is why I am getting the BS about this, Ford warrenty wants to check my car for mods by a rep. Maybe they have got allot of other warrenty work where customers Mod the hell out of them have a problem then throw them back to stock bring it in for a warrenty claim. But never changed the plugs and SVT has seen people trying to get warrenty but they know they is a smoking gun showing mods.

I had a guy stop buy and tell me how he blew up 3 motors in his lightning truck withchips and racing N0s Got them all under warrenty, I think ford possibly is sick of the warrenty $ column of cost factors out of range.

Just my thoughts maybe how this all came about.

They will have to repair my car, there is no way thay cant on this deal. Just mad about all my time there wasting

NJCOBRA10thA

Really thats my last mod.
Established Member
regarding octane - in NJ Exxon, Amoco, Mobil and others are 93 Octane and Shell Ultra is 94.

I haven't read anything about maximum Octane. According to this logic am I in jeopardy of voiding my waranty because NJ has good gas?

Dan

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Originally posted by NJCOBRA10thA
regarding octane - in NJ Exxon, Amoco, Mobil and others are 93 Octane and Shell Ultra is 94.

I haven't read anything about maximum Octane. According to this logic am I in jeopardy of voiding my waranty because NJ has good gas?

Dan

Good point. In places with only 91 or 92 octane, adding octane boost will not even raise it to the 94 level. I only use the 94. By that logic, I should be using lower octane.
But not too low or they can deny warranty coverage for that too.
IIRC, they reccomend "premium fuel" with a minimum octane rating. I never saw a max, but the paramaters built into the car just can't be that narrow, with all the different gas available around the country.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Originally posted by NJCOBRA10thA

Dan

No all this thread has to do with is basically the octang "additive" that they think was added and the deposits when using a octang additive creats and possible problems. Not straight gas,

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
i just changed my plugs and never having used octane booster, i was intrigued to see the red speckles on them. its something in the premium fuel that causes the red 'dust' on the electrode.

fwiw it was cylinders #3 and #5. all the plugs on the drivers side looked fine.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I remember years ago Shell gas would like yellow spots. I was told it was sulfur. It was the only gas that did this to my plugs. :rollseyes

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
I am currently waiting for the official statement. I called the dealer service again he wasnt there. Of course he called back and I wasnt there. His message he left was Ford motor company inter office email considered this a closed matter. And that he said that not sure what more I want? HUH?

Then he said he can get in contact with the service rep again if I want to open anther issue. I called back and now this guy isn't availible till Mon to clarify if this means they will honor warrenty work or not?

I called and repeated the message to there service writer and ask what the h-ll that message means? Ford covering me or not for warrenty. he said he didnt know either. I have to wait and talk to him. What a fricken mess at my expense.

Just an update

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
I looked at my email and got a reply from the Service rep and he said
Qoute "At this time, I don't have an answer for you either. I am still working on the case."

Somthing is better than nothing.

bskinner

bunch of b!@ches

if they didnt build shit they wouldnt have to fix shit. the only problem i have ever had/have with my car is "pulling to the right". and poor craftsmanship when it comes to matching up interior moldings. If you cant get this resolved in a timely manner I suggest getting it solved in civil court. I dont think it will cost as much as you think, hell, make them pick up the lawyers fees after the judge rules in your favor. I think it just kills morale on this board to hear things like this and it makes me wanna buy a cheverolet. Im trading my 2002 cheverolet extended cab in tomorrow on a 2500 H.D. crew cab////white loaded. and you know what, its $29,000.00 that is not going to FORD. I just dont need the headache. Im sorry aout your misfortune, BE RELENTLESS, PERSISTANT!!!

Users who are viewing this thread