Supras???

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
Originally posted by skunk50
uh, isn't 13.5 for a Cobra the same as 13.5 for Supra? depending on the driver, it could be a slight beating.....but to make it sound like a raping is kind of farfetched.

and those Supras with basic upgrades like a boost controller, testpipe, bov, racegas, etc. will make 420-440 rwhp. around $1200-1500.

all the bolt-ons on like exhaust, pulleys, etc. will not even come close to 400 rwhp for an n/a Cobra.

on the highway, pre-03 Cobras will get annihilated since the 5th gear on the Supra is 1:1 once the Cobra shifts into 5th, it's all over. and the Supra's aerodynamics is leaps and bound better than a Mustang's (which is a 1978 Fairmont platform).

now i would agree that with the same HP, the Cobra would win a dragrace due to more TQ (assuming both drivers are equal).

I agree with you here, but why would the cobra shift into 5th gear? With the 3.27 stock gear you can reach 160mph top speed in 4th, when you shift to 5th with the stock 3.27's the car seems to slow down. Now with a 4.10 it would be different, 5th gear would then be used to reach top speed. FYI a supra is a hell of a nice car, but to get a sexy looking, fast one you have to spend some $$ that is one thing I do know.;-)

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Originally posted by cpdaddy35
Was hoping to race one of the shit talkers on here with a cobra??? :rolling: :rockon:

It's a shame I just moved from Greenville 7 months ago because I would love to see how I would do against your supra. I would even give you a choice of which Cobra to run...:burnout:

Is your Supra red?

Last edited:

skunk50

Established Member
Originally posted by charged98cobra
I agree with you here, but why would the cobra shift into 5th gear? With the 3.27 stock gear you can reach 160mph top speed in 4th,

believe it or not, there are crazy guys racing to 180mph on public roads. because when the adrenaline is pumping and both cars are neck & neck....most guys will keep trying.

FYI a supra is a hell of a nice car, but to get a sexy looking, fast one you have to spend some $$ that is one thing I do know.;-)

BPU is around $1500-2000 to make 420-440 rwhp....but that's racegas, while the Cobra is pump. and the entry price of a used Supra TT is really high for a used car. and tuning can be hell too so don't believe all the Supra guys who says that their cars are bulletproof.

cpdaddy35

Established Member
Originally posted by xtremejc
It's a shame I just moved from Greenville 7 months ago because I would love to see how I would do against your supra. I would even give you a choice of which Cobra to run...:burnout:

Is your Supra red?

Ah kewl. Where did you move to? My supra is black. The license plate reads V8 KLLR.... :-D Did you go to greer at all and run them?

-Chad

cpdaddy35

Established Member
Originally posted by skunk50
believe it or not, there are crazy guys racing to 180mph on public roads. because when the adrenaline is pumping and both cars are neck & neck....most guys will keep trying.

BPU is around $1500-2000 to make 420-440 rwhp....but that's racegas, while the Cobra is pump. and the entry price of a used Supra TT is really high for a used car. and tuning can be hell too so don't believe all the Supra guys who says that their cars are bulletproof.

Tuning is pretty easy if you use piggybacks such as VPC and AFC. I went with the AEM standalone which is pretty complicated and had the top tuner in the US to fly out and tune it.. You're right about the entry price for a supra. A BPU will run mid 20's to around 30k depending on the year. An APU will run low 30's on up...

-Chad

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Ah kewl. Where did you move to? My supra is black. The license plate reads V8 KLLR.... :-D Did you go to greer at all and run them?
-Chad

Chad:

The tracks at both Greer and Ware Shoals really suck butt. The only 1/8 mile track in that area that is half decent is Shady Side. I ran my 97 at Commerce to a few 11.31's @ 129 with a pretty basic stock suspension spinning all the way to the 330'. I have my rear suspension almost all complete to make an assault at the 10's on the stick shift tranny, then I'm moving to an Auto tranny.

My 03 is a pretty basic bolt on Car... Chip, Pulley, filter... But it runs extremely good !!! :burnout:

What are you packing on that Supra? Big Single? Spray?... Do you even run it at the track or are you one of those "let's run for top speed" king of guys???

I don't like to run on the street but boy I would be tempted to let you read my plate...

In the six years I lived around there I never saw your car. I did see a red one that used to talk smack quite a bit but never stepped up to the plate to get his spanking... :thumbsup:

Anyway... Good to see other people from the upstate with nice fast cars...

cpdaddy35

Established Member
Originally posted by xtremejc
Chad:

The tracks at both Greer and Ware Shoals really suck butt. The only 1/8 mile track in that area that is half decent is Shady Side. I ran my 97 at Commerce to a few 11.31's @ 129 with a pretty basic stock suspension spinning all the way to the 330'. I have my rear suspension almost all complete to make an assault at the 10's on the stick shift tranny, then I'm moving to an Auto tranny.

My 03 is a pretty basic bolt on Car... Chip, Pulley, filter... But it runs extremely good !!! :burnout:

What are you packing on that Supra? Big Single? Spray?... Do you even run it at the track or are you one of those "let's run for top speed" king of guys???

I don't like to run on the street but boy I would be tempted to let you read my plate...

In the six years I lived around there I never saw your car. I did see a red one that used to talk smack quite a bit but never stepped up to the plate to get his spanking... :thumbsup:

Anyway... Good to see other people from the upstate with nice fast cars...

Kewl, ya greer sucks. They won't let me run without a cage. I have run at greer a few times. Best to date is 7.2@111. Still having a hard time launching and getting traction. I'm a big single with no spray.. I got the car back in Janurary and don't drive it all that much. Where in greenville did you live?

-Chad

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Kewl, ya greer sucks. They won't let me run without a cage. I have run at greer a few times. Best to date is 7.2@111. Still having a hard time launching and getting traction. I'm a big single with no spray.. I got the car back in Janurary and don't drive it all that much. Where in greenville did you live?

-Chad

It seemed to me that they let anything run without a cage at Greer... Go to Shady Side, they will let you run all day without one although I don't recomend it...

Damn Chad !!! Your MPH at the 1/8 mile is indicative of 130+MPH 1/4 mile times which is way more than 600 RWHP... That my friend is trully bad azz... I can take care of business at the track because my 97 flat out hooks now, but on a top speed run I would be toast !!! Sounds like you do have a beast on your hands and the plate is somehow justified !!! :beer: Any pics of that beast?

I lived in Thornblade first and then moved to Simpsonville...

Users who are viewing this thread