Supras???

Ride_Along

Established Member
You guys... I dont get why everbody thinks that supras are so special... because they make alot of power???
Correct me if i'm wrong, but if you twin turbo a V8 i.e like in a fox body or t/a wouldn't you make alot more power than if you twin turbo a six cylinder like a supra???? I dont know you guys, im just sick of everybody riding supra's nuts all the time... correct me if im worng, i just dont see why people think that supras are so awesome.:shrug:

o3Edge777

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
I see what your saying and yes your right, but like,

the supra motor is a well built motor, but yes you are correct sir

jasonc32amg

Established Member
Well...personally I think the 93/98 supras are f!cking badass(especially the hardtops)... Go drive one, they are tight...sweet driving position..and they look wicked lowered a bit with a high quality set of wheels. You get toyota quality in a car that can spit out some serious hp/$$.

Cantoodler

Your Face
Established Member
yeah supras can make hell of power. if i had the money i would be torn between an 03/04 cobra and a supra tt but i dont:bash:

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Think of it this way: the MKIV Supra was the Mustang SVT of its day :)

jasonc32amg

Established Member
Originally posted by 97 svt cbra
yeah supras can make hell of power. if i had the money i would be torn between an 03/04 cobra and a supra tt but i dont:bash:

I was crossed up about it...but I picked up my cobra for 28.5 as a leftover 03...I would be lucky to get a low mileage 6-speed for that amount...and even then it would be a 50,000 mile car and up to 11 years old.

ib6-ub9

Established Member
They are great cars because they are built so well, and the engines are built so strong. Any car that can handle that much power from the factory deserves respect. I just like the cobras so much better, they have more displacement and great breathing so mod for mod and boost for boost they will make more power, and of course the v8 sound. Its all prefrence, but they are great cars, just not an 03cobra;-)

Neal

Untouchable
Established Member
"but if you twin turbo a V8 i.e like in a fox body or t/a wouldn't you make alot more power than if you twin turbo a six cylinder like a supra????"

thats the point man. supras can do it with 2 less cylinders. the reason they are talked about so much is they are one of the few cars the import crowd can afford that can actually stand up to true muscle. supras rule, but even I get tired of hearing about them.

LBguy

must get stronger!
Established Member
That one ricer movie tarnished the supra's reputation. I shudder to even think of the name of that movie :(

jasonc32amg

Established Member
Originally posted by 02saleen346
Supras are nice but lets talk about some AMERICAN MUSCLE: V6 Turbo Grand National

good power...but the external styling and the interior look like an abortion:xpl:

02saleen346

Established Member
Originally posted by jasonc32amg
good power...but the external styling and the interior look like an abortion:xpl:

I like the Grand Nationals style, complete sleeper but pull up on one and open up a can of whoop ass

The BigSHO

Established Member
If you are going to drag race, a racing automatic is the way to go.
Automatics are much more consistent.

Drag racing is what the GN does best. These cars can launch better than just about anything. Supras like the Cobras have traction problems. GNs squat their Big Buick Butt and hook.

If the race was 1/8 mile, the GN would have NO rival. They have few rivals in the 1/4 mile.

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
i agree. the GN is one of the baddest cars out there. and the comment about the automatics is the 100% truth (espically with nitrous). my automatic trans is the biggest reason i can beat lightly modded non-s/c cobras all day without spray, and near stock 03+ cobras with my spray. the launch is sooooo important.
the thing about supras is that there are so many non-turbos out there(where i live), that people underestimate them cause they hardly ever see a turbo. sure they are quick and moddable, but id take the GNX over one any day of the week.
If you really wanna bust peoples nuts, you should get an old lexus SC300 (basically same body as supra except nicer interior and totally sleeper exterior) and put the turbo 2jz motor and 6-speed in it. that would fry some tires!

DenniSTi

Established Member
Originally posted by The BigSHO
If you are going to drag race, a racing automatic is the way to go.
Automatics are much more consistent.

Drag racing is what the GN does best. These cars can launch better than just about anything. Supras like the Cobras have traction problems. GNs squat their Big Buick Butt and hook.

If the race was 1/8 mile, the GN would have NO rival. They have few rivals in the 1/4 mile.

AWD owns the 1/8 mile.

Users who are viewing this thread