Supercharger Party

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Any of you on the east side of LaLa Land sunday....drop by SVT Day at Speedzone 10-1 prior to "party".

My Apten showed up last night. Still waiting for underdrive pullys for alt and PS, and 7 qt. pan and I'm ready for my party...Apten, 6# lower, underdrives, Gords, dual Spal fans, Evans all around, lower rock grille, big pan, and fresh Swanson tweek.....do I smell mid 5s??? All I need now is the guts to drop in the Stage 2 cams and lifter package and we are mid 6s with an Eaton. Will need injectors and pumps...ya think? Damn...I love the smell of plastic.

Back in my competition days (bodybuilding/steroids) we use to say "I dont give a chit...just bury me big" Now its...."when I check out it better be quick!".

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
Some of us can get a high altitude fix on Sunday at LACR so that we don't get the DR-DT's. Those pink elephants mixed in with gray rental cars dancing in front of your eyes can be Hell. I don't like the way I feel when I go cold turkey, so, a litle harmless racing won't hurt me. I can stop anytime I want to. I not adicted, I just enjoy the rush, but everything is fully under control. :coolman:

Oh God, the rental car I got Thursday when my car went in the body shop is gray.:eek:

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Horsepower, I... I need horsepower! Somebody loan me their Cobra, please....

Elephants, frozen turkeys, underpowered rental cars, somebody help me, I can't take it!

Aaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
John, I think Dave is telling you to get an Apten.

Yes, I'm getting one. I was at Steve's yesterday getting a baseline to compare the Apten to. While there, my pcm got fried, and Steve got me a new one this morning.

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Fried PCM? Was it the installation and removal of the Chip that did it?

I like my predator, but you have to be careful with it too.

How much is an Apten?

I think I need tires and exhaust first. It's just my opinion, but I could be right...

Hell, I need bodywork to be completed first

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by 03_Sonic Blur
Fried PCM? Was it the installation and removal of the Chip that did it?

I like my predator, but you have to be careful with it too.

How much is an Apten?

I think I need tires and exhaust first. It's just my opinion, but I could be right...

Hell, I need bodywork to be completed first

I agree with your diagnosis, doctor.
Anything you do on the intake side makes your output constriction more of an issue.
Anything you do for power worsens your traction problem.
:rockon: IMHO of course
James

PunishR

Established Member
Anyone go to Fontana...are you really having it at your house I'm in Montebello and would enjoy seeing that blower come off...I also am thinking of sending mine to Apten. Whats your addy

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by 03_Sonic Blur
Says the man with every mod short of a KB:D

I resemble that comment. :lol1:
James

Allan let me drive his KB Vert today a couple of times at LACR. That KB power is VERY :bash: :bash: seductive. It has enough power for me to BADLY miss a 2-3 shift, think about shutting down, then deciding to just drive it hard to the finish line --- result being 12.4 at 114 ha ha

Ran a couple of 11.94s with crappy 60 ft times. Driver issue, car is sweet. The missed shift run had a 60 ft time .1 better than the 11.94s so that run had potential.

Thanks Allan! I was going nuts not being able to run Piggy.

James

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Originally posted by jhwalker
I resemble that comment. :lol1:
James

Allan let me drive his KB Vert today a couple of times at LACR. That KB power is VERY :bash: :bash: seductive. It has enough power for me to BADLY miss a 2-3 shift, think about shutting down, then deciding to just drive it hard to the finish line --- result being 12.4 at 114 ha ha

Ran a couple of 11.94s with crappy 60 ft times. Driver issue, car is sweet. The missed shift run had a 60 ft time .1 better than the 11.94s so that run had potential.

Thanks Allan! I was going nuts not being able to run Piggy.

James

Nice!

Maybe the others will post their times later today

stang99

It appears that it is lucky for Juan that he has sent for an Apten, since he is going to need it.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
He's going to need more then just a Apten :nonono:

Mo $$$$ :nono: :shrug:

Absolutely!!! :bash:

Hmmm... I think I am maxed out. Terri showed me the Quicken details for car-related expenditures in 2003.
Tetge, she called those gritas we drank several time 'car-related' . :cuss: Totally unfair.
James

stang99

Absolutely unfair to include daily food and essential fluids in the racing budget. Tell her to go out and sit in her new car and rethink things. They were only small Gritas anyway, or so they tell me.

Originally posted by jhwalker
Absolutely!!! :bash:

Hmmm... I think I am maxed out. Terri showed me the Quicken details for car-related expenditures in 2003.
Tetge, she called those gritas we drank several time 'car-related' . :cuss: Totally unfair.
James

stang99

Duplicate post deleted. Hum. Deleting the post felt strangely good.

Last edited by a moderator:

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
Absolutely unfair to include daily food and essential fluids in the racing budget. Tell her to go out and sit in her new car and rethink things. They were only small Gritas anyway, or so they tell me.

Excellent idea. I will have to find the right time to try that logic, however...

(meow)
James

Users who are viewing this thread