Supercharger Party

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Calling all wrenches!

I need assistance. James gave me a great idea to save a little money. I'm asking my fellow SoCal SVTers for help with removing, and then reinstalling my blower, so that I can send it to Apten. I am only marginally gifted with tools, and would NEVER imagine undertaking this task on my own.

I will provide pizza and drinks (soda or 1/2 keg of Bud Light) for those willing to help me. And, you will have my sincere gratitude.

I figured this Sunday (1/11) would be a good day. That way I can still go to C-bad on Saturday, and get the blower shipped out by Monday. Also, we can watch the NFL Playoff game at my house when we're done.

Chime in if your down for the getdown.

Thanks.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
sorry can't help on sunday, but can supply eaton removal info from my kb install manual.

here's a couple tips: get plenty of baggies and labels for the little parts and hoses as you disconnect them. also, take plenty of pics at multiple angles during each step of the disassembly. those little things helped *immensely* when i did my kb install solo.

edit: figure about 1-2 hours to get it out depending on how well you document. don't forget to drain the intercooler first otherwise it'll spill all over the place. removing the hood can also be helpful.

Last edited:

kaos

Established Member
That'll be fun. I'm a total sponge right now and I want to learn everything I can.

What time were you thinking Sonic?

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
:( :cryying:

Allan are the Torx T-xx hard to find?

By Chance u got a pic of where we can get to for the draining of the Intercooler? :D

you can get a set of the torx size sockets just about any parts store but i don't think (can't remember anyway) that you'll need them for the removal. just have a nice selection of extensions and u-joints. to drain the intercooler, disconnect the upper hose that leads to the heat exchanger (from underneath the car). if you turn the wheels full right you can get to it w/o jacking the car up. also be sure you put something underneath to catch the coolant otherwise it goes all over the place (like in my face when i did it).

another tip: when it comes time to re-install, don't forget to get all the appropriate gaskets if apten doesn't provide them. i believe there was a thread in the terminator forum that listed part numbers.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
I'm going to see how many of the required tools I actually have. If I'm missing anything, I'll post it up, just in case one of you guys might have it.

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
I'm jealous...all you socal guys get together like
bro's....wish I could come....just a long drive
for only 1/2 keg :) :)

Red BOLT99

Established Member
If everything clears on my to do list this week I'll head up to give you guys a hand if thats cool?
I have some specialty tools that make my blower swaps EASY
That might help you.
PEASE!

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Thanks Franky. You're more than welcome. Your expertise in blower removal would definitely come in handy.

When I get this blower back, I hope to be able to beat that time in your sig. ;-)

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Juan
I'll come down to help and learn -- I have Apten's removal guide which along with the removal guide provided by KB pretty much cover the topic.
I'll bring the tool box just in case.
James

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Apten party......rub it in!! Ordered mine 2 weeks ago and nothing has showed up?
I'll pay dearly to install mine. I have no tools, bad back and little to no imagination.
Party is a great idea. You are gonna have 40 hands under the hood at the same time. Like having a Bris for your Jewish son and a dozen Moyels show up with scissors.

Change Avitar to a pic of Tom Sawyer.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Jeez Dave, what a party pooper. We're gonna hang out and watch the game, but... I guess.

James, cool. I already communicated with your mechanic (aka your 2nd born, aka Adam) through PM.

Bill, you saw right through my plan. I disguised hard work as a fun party. You're welcome to join. I don't think the boys would mind a little more work.

stang99

Is Ellie coming to your party? I don't think that you should do the Apten mod. Call it off while there is still time. It's risky to mod your car. How many times do I have to tell you?

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Oh, P... you should join us.

I'm sure soon enough, Brian at Apten will have in his possesion, the blower belonging to a certain White Desert Cobra.

stang99

I'll be watching to see how it goes on your car, for sure. But I think that I am going to keep my car 100% stock like it is. :lol: Fortunatey you have lots of experts to do your work, er, I mean, to assist you while you do your work. ;-) I have to stay home and clean my house and do chores Sunday since work takes all my time during the week. :beer: :beer:

Originally posted by SonicVenum
Oh, P... you should join us.

I'm sure soon enough, Brian at Apten will have in his possesion, the blower belonging to a certain White Desert Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread