jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by geepaw
I'm jealous...all you socal guys get together like
bro's....wish I could come....just a long drive
for only 1/2 keg :) :)

and sometime we fight like family too :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, the amount of teamwork and support in play right now is very unusual (IMHO). Everyone is very competitive, yet we all help each other out.
James

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
All is well...

By the way, I'm breaking in a clutch.
I will drive to C-Bad but will not be able to compete this weekend.
:bash: :bash: :bash:
Then I will drive to Juan's on Sunday.
Then it will be broken in. :thumbsup:

Based on the way I like to drive, B&D blended blended some Spec parts together for me. I will see how it works for 400-500 miles (this weekend), and if it all works out well I will talk more about it.
If it doesn't work out well, then the experiment will be buried in the mod graveyard ...
NOT :burnout: for a little while.
James

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
:??: Damn James :eek:

Any Stock Parts you want to hand down to a Mach1? :D

I jumped on the Clutch on my first day....but i didnt shift speed shift at all or i didnt down shift into any high gear.

Good Luck....i liked the SpecII my self.

ha ha My stock clutch looked just like we would have expected it to look... My hat is off to Ford for that thing holding up like it did.
I would not have changed it out except that I was having B&D do the Apten cyl 7/8 mod... Now having seen it it's clear that it was going to go south soon.
James

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
well hell... who *is* going to race?

Our money and hopes are on YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU

So don't let us down.
:rockon:
James

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
i have to head down to san diego to pick parts up for my 510 and see my brothers new house, then i'm heading up to big willow to watch brian of b&d (ietzr1s) and maoun.

i'll make a few passes for ya if you want allen...;-)

Last edited:

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
I AM DEFINITELY RACING.

We'll kick some ass Allan. In the brackets, since I'm going to HAVE to dial 12.00, I'm gonna fully concentrate on r/t. I'm just gonna step on the gas a little, but I'm not gonna look down at the tach. FOCUS. Then, all I have to do is beat the other car to the traps. Oh, and plenty of these :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by FuShnickens
well hell... who *is* going to race?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juan,
I forgot, we are doing your S/C after C0Bad.
So,
Our money and hopes are on YOU TOO! YOU TOO! YOU TOO! YOU TOO! YOU TOO! YOU TOO! YOU TOO! YOU TOO! YOU TOO! YOU TOO! YOU TOO! YOU TOO! YOU TOO! YOU TOO! YOU TOO! YOU TOO! YOU TOO! YOU TOO! YOU TOO! YOU TOO! YOU TOO! YOU TOO!

So don't either of you let us down. I'll drive down to watch.
I think I'm getting the hang of this retirement thing ha ha

James

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
i dont think they'll be doing brackets that day - just regular tnt. can't wait to see what the car feels like w/o hop. :)

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
There's brackets, there's not brackets, I'm confused. TNT, or brackets:shrug:

Antwho, I'm staying home, my rent a car won't be seeing any track time.

On an upbeat, I should have my car back next Wednesday. Woo Hoo!

I said, woooooo hoooooo

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
I'm glad we will have some folks spectating. I will need someone to man my digital camera, and my miniDV Camcorder for me. I'm trying to pick up a sponsor or two, and track pics and footage would really help.

James, is there anyway I can persuade you to bring your jack and cross tire iron with you? I don't think my race jack is going to make it in time for the track.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
i may just drive down on the et streets if i'm still feeling crappy. sick or not, i'm getting some runs in. missed too many chances to race w/ you guys recently.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by SonicVenum
I'm glad we will have some folks spectating. I will need someone to man my digital camera, and my miniDV Camcorder for me. I'm trying to pick up a sponsor or two, and track pics and footage would really help.

James, is there anyway I can persuade you to bring your jack and cross tire iron with you? I don't think my race jack is going to make it in time for the track.

Sure. One way or the other (as the song goes), I'll get them there.
I plan to go driving for a couple of hours tonight and then a couple more tomorrow morning, and then a couple more tomorrow night, and and and to see if I can hit a level of break-in that makes me comfortable running the new clutch Saturday. I don't want to create the question of 'did I or did I not break it in' in case there are any problems. From reading the various threads, it seems like there are as many clutch installs that have problems after the new clutch is in as those that don't have problems.

However, I have a need for speed...

James :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

stang99

James:

By all means break the clutch in gently for 400 miles of stop and go driving before you hammer the car. I attempted an accelerated break in and it may have contributed to my problems with my Spec clutch and flywheel, although none of us like the way it felt right after installation. It would not be worth racing to muck up the new clutch. The surface of the Spec really wants to get to know the flywheel gently prior to be used in anger. Get the clutch right and wait for an Outlaw meet. All the drivers are pros and they prep the track. Along with starting in the morning it is much more comfortable and less crowded at the Outlaw meet. Plus they are having a late model muscle car event that appears to be tailor made for the Cobras.

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
i drove the car fairly gently around the community for a good 45 minutes (bout 27 miles) shifting the car a lot and letting the clutch grip for a little bit then shifting again and again and again...ya, you get the point.

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Oh yeah...i forgot to mention that John's Tranny doesnt sound so hot either :eek:

Me : WTF is that Noise
John : Crappy SpecII

U know guys....i only changed the Clutch & not the Fly Wheel...could that of been my reasons for a NON Issue?

I've got a guy who's a good transmission mechanic, I'm gonna have him look at it first. Dealer yes, dealer no, depends on what the problem is. Stinkin cheap ass trans and clutch

Users who are viewing this thread